"Kid-friendliness" factor at Le Cellier

KEVD

DIS Veteran
Hi... how kid friendly is Le Cellier? I have a 10 yr old who is very good at restaurants but my 6 yo can be somewhat loud (but not horribly so), and does not have much self awareness. Is it a fancy/quiet type of place? Do you need to be dressed up?

We had lunch a year ago with our then 7 and 5 year old. I did not feel out of place at all and we were not dressed up.

We had lunch a year ago with our then 7 and 5 year old. I did not feel out of place at all and we were not dressed up.

Thanks. We're considering dinner as opposed to lunch. Wondering if it's kind of quiet and low key at dinner.

Hi... how kid friendly is Le Cellier? I have a 10 yr old who is very good at restaurants but my 6 yo can be somewhat loud (but not horribly so), and does have much self awareness. Is it a fancy/quiet type of place? Do you need to be dressed up?

I do believe that Le Cellier is now 2TS credits for dinner, so I guess it has become a signature restaurant? Only you know your child but I'm guessing that guests may be less tolerant to a noisy child given the change in status of the restaurant. I've never been to Le Cellier so cannot say about dress etiquette but I have had to in the past take my dd out of a restaurant because she was being too noisy (she was 2 at the time) so I can relate. Have a great vacation.

we have been a couple of times with kids and they are brilliant with children however it is definitely a more adult restaurant and while quiet well behaved kids are fine I would personally not take a more active or noisier child there.

We have kids of our own so clearly expect kids to be kids and it's always fairly loud at WDW but the tables are very close at Le Cellier and a couple of noisy (actually one wept all the time we were there) kids last year frustrated us.

Little kids who can't sit still don't belong at signature restaurants IMHO. I would try one of the other places until your 6 year old is a bit more settled. :goodvibes;

Thanks everyone! This is great info. I think we'll either try Le Cellier for lunch (rather then dinner) or just look for another restaurant for dinner!

It is absolutely not fancy. I found it fairly loud, not ridiculously loud. And at least half the tables have young children.

Honestly, as long as you are willing to remove the child if they become a bother to other diners, I see no issue with trying it out. It's Disney and kids are to be expected. However, it is also expected that they behave to a point or something is done so they do not disturb the meals of others.

While this restaurant is on the noisy side, the dining area is quite small and the tables are very close together.

We've done all sorts of meals with our DD's (age 7 and 5) and Le Cellier is their fave!!! Even over CRT and other character meals. It's not fancy and the CM's are very accommodating to the kids. Love Le Cellier!:thumbsup2

felt completely comfortable there at Lunch. Younger DS has awareness issues too and we were ok there at lunch. Dinner we went a few years back and my DH had to take him out and walk around the gardens while I waited for the bill to get out :rotfl: Every kid is different, and each day is different. I say try the Lunch and enjoy :lovestruc

While this restaurant is on the noisy side, the dining area is quite small and the tables are very close together.

So close you can eat off of someones elses plate on the next table. Along with the place being dark and dreary, you are in a cellar basement, :scared1:

It is not an adult only type atmosphere..BUT ..It is small, dark and very cramped.Our party of 3 may as well have eaten off the plates of the people next to us..They pack you in that close

I agree that we found lunch OK with our boy but the tables are close together and may not be the best idea when more adults than children are there at night especially it is no a signature restaurant

Le Cellier does not change the configuration of the tables between lunch and dinner, so regardless of the meal you go, the same issues of proximity to other diners exist. LC is inside Epcot, so the dress is much more casual (than other Signatures). You'll generally see folks in "theme park" attire, so in that sense it is much more casual. Likewise, there did seem to be more children present than at other Signatures. If your children are well behaved, then there should be no problem with them at LC. If your children are prone to being audibly fussy, then note that everyone in a three to four table radius will hear your child.

It's at best a mediocre restaurant in a theme park, anything goes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter