• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keys to the Kingdom - No dates available?

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
I have been very excited to book Keys to the Kingdom for my upcoming solo trip. It's during a runDisney weekend. Is it possible that could be the reason it's not offered on the one date I need?

Might be full. I've done it before on race weekend and I'm sure I booked at either 30 or 60 days in advance.

I just did this tour last Saturday. They just take 20 people per group. I tried some mock bookings and even at 8 a.m. EST 60 days in advance it was full for every time slot. I booked at 5:00 a.m. EST 60 days in advance and was able to get two tickets. As others have said which I didn't realize when I booked, you can book after midnight.

If the tours are full they don't show up online. I wanted to book the 9:30 a.m., but that didn't show up, but I was able to get the 9:00 a.m. when I did my booking and 8 and 8:30 a.m. were still available too. I did though notice a group that was doing the 9:30 a.m. so I know it wasn't that they weren't doing that time slot that day.

If offsite you can only book 60 days in advance. I believe hotel guests can book 60 days before their stay, so if not doing it day 1 can book more than 60 days in advance. Call Disney if you have further questions and they can let you know if you are too early or too late.

Oh and FYI -- my thoughts about the tour. I enjoyed it, but the utilidors really just seemed like a larger version of the ground floor of a cruise ship. Honestly I found the last behind the scenes tour I did on one of the big Royal Caribbean cruise ship more interesting than this tour -- the cruise version of the utilidors was more active and more interesting to me and I saw the galleys (so impressive how they feed so many so well), bridge and navigation equipment, engine room, laundry areas, employee cabin and relaxation areas, all kinds of things, etc. I did, though, learn new Disney facts and trivia and wasn't bored at all. While I think it was a good tour and enjoyable, given the hefty price tag of the tour plus an MK ticket and the fact that other family members have done behind the scenes cruise tours, I'm not recommending it to them. It was on my bucket list for the last 17 year, so I was super curious and happy to finally do it.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I will try to figure this out. I had tried at midnight and then early the next morning. Nothing for my actual date I’m trying for and now the same thing for the next day. Something looks different to me that I’m thinking either dates haven’t been loaded or it’s just not being offered. Idk! Fingers crossed!

Here's the Disney number for Enchanted Extras if you want to call. They open phone lines at 6 a.m. EST: (407) 939-7529

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter