Keys to Kingdom Tour and ECVs

DaveT1

Ayup
Hi,

Thinking of booking this tour and would like my parents to join us, but i know they would have to rent a park ECV. Wondering how easy it is to maneuver on the tour not knowing where they go. I'm sure it can be done but they also aren't the best drivers and don't want to put them in a difficult situation. So maybe on a scale of 1-10 how hard to keep up/maneuver

Thanks

I have done it twice with a power wheelchair and found it very easy. There is no area that was difficult to manuever in. Your parents should have no problem. They may want to leave the ECVs downstairs at lunch but there is an elevator available if they cannot.

You might ask them to go and "practice" in a Walmart or large grocery store so they get used to them. HOWEVER, they should realize the ones in the stores are much larger and clunkier than the rentals because of the baskets.

My FIL finally rented an ecv at Epcot on the last day of our trip last March after talking about renting one for years. He was surprised to find it was easier to use than he thought it would be. Practicing by using one at a store is a great idea. After driving one of those, the park ones will be easy. If they decide to rent from off-site, those are smaller and more manouverable than the park ones.

Thanks for the info. They have rented in the parks before and aren't horrible, they just get a little dangerous with tight maneuvers and backing up, then you better watch out. I'm not sure where the tour goes and if there are any areas like that.

I have read the FAQ, but any personal recommendations for rentals, and how easy are they to get in rooms, and out, and charge. And why do i picture the room looking like a Frat Party gone bad when they finally leave? :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter