Key West Family Resort

We went to Casa Marina in Key West with the whole family this summer - grandparents, adults, teenagers and kids. It was pricey - grandma paid for it - but the hotel and its sister resort were very nice, the pool and the beach were great. We had been to Key West many times with just the adults, and so were leery about taking the kids, but we found many kid-friendly activities to do with them. I know a family that has been to Hawks Cay resort in Marathon a lot with their young children, they love it and were bummed when Hurricane Irma damaged it. I've heard it's been fixed and reopened this August.

I'm actually in Key West right now but I know nothing about children. There is a KW forum on TripAdvisor that would be helpful.

I'm actually in Key West right now but I know nothing about children. There is a KW forum on TripAdvisor that would be helpful.
I was just thinking about Glazed Donuts in Key West this morning. Mmmmmm...

I was also going to recommend TripAdvisor. FWIW, I took my kids (10 and 13) to Key West last year for 4 days, and we found plenty to do.

check out hawks Cay Resort on Duck Cay, I have not yet been there but I have multiple friends who have and everyone I talk to love it there.

With my DD, when she turned 16, we stayed at the Pier House right in heart of KW. Picked it because has its own small beach, and we could walk to everything. Not cheap, and says Hotel, but we saw most rooms, including ours had outside hallways. Paid parking. We would definitely stay there again. We liked that part of the island more than the Southern part. Only long walk was the State Park, but hey, cheaper to enter by foot than a car, and we went by some really pricey houses that were cool to see. And the walk to the Ferry to Dry Tortola was a little walk. We enjoyed that trip, but our favorite was a catamaran afternoon trip, we booked that included some sea kayaking.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone! Hawks Cay looks really nice!

I heard the drive gets boring? Would you recommend flying into Key West or Miami and doing the whole drive? It's a couple hours?

Thanks everyone! Hawks Cay looks really nice!

I heard the drive gets boring? Would you recommend flying into Key West or Miami and doing the whole drive? It's a couple hours?

I flew into Ft L, not a bad drive, and was cheaper than Miami for us. When we went the end of August, there was times on the oversea highway, I was the only car. I had made a list of all the bridges we would go over, and a list of all things along the mile markers, that I had my DD decide where to stop on way down and back, and yell out the name of each bridge. Stop one time to feed the tarpon. Awesome.

6C1DDC5F-1AA0-46BD-A11F-FF9ADDF81178.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter