• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kevin does Morocco??

MODisFan

Mouseketeer
I was listening to the segment in today's podcast about the new restaurant that is coming to DTD and how it is owned/operated by the company that runs the restaurant in Morocco. Julie said she had heard some not-so-good things about Restaurant Marrakesh and John mentioned he hadn't been in a really long time. Wouldn't this be the perfect place for Kevin to do his next dining review? He and his dinner companions could talk talk about Adult Toy Story while watching the belly dancers. :)

Restaurant Marrakesh was a hands-down favorite five, six years ago but the past few years I've heard nothing good about it.

The Tangierine Cafe, while still good, has slid a bit, too. They took off their fresh baked bread and rotisserie chicken, for one thing.

I was listening to the segment in today's podcast about the new restaurant that is coming to DTD and how it is owned/operated by the company that runs the restaurant in Morocco. Julie said she had heard some not-so-good things about Restaurant Marrakesh and John mentioned he hadn't been in a really long time. Wouldn't this be the perfect place for Kevin to do his next dining review? He and his dinner companions could talk talk about Adult Toy Story while watching the belly dancers. :)

I was thinking the exact same thing!

We went there on our xmas trip and enjoyed it alot. The food was good, some things I didn't enjoy, but all well prepared. The kids loved the dancing and loud atmosphere and my 3 yo had a blast on the floor with the dancer.

This would definately be a good review. I;ve always wanted tr try it, but didnt know exactly what the food quality would be.

We enjoyed it a lot, though the food was good but not great. Our daughter liked it so much that she spent a week in Marrakech this summer.

We at in Morocco two years ago and it was one of our favorites. I'm so sad to hear that the quality of food may have slipped! Kevin you HAVE to go and try it for me so I know if we should go there again on our next trip in a few months. And your reviews are so hilarious that even if you don't like it I'll get some enjoyment out of the restaurant anyway.:laughing:

Restaurant Marrakesh was a family favorite many, many years ago; so much so that my son bought the cookbook. I make a couple of different Morroccan dishes based on dishes we've had there. The restuarant is not as good as it was once, but the food is still good, the dancer is entertaining and the tilework is beautiful. I would enjoy hearing a review by Kevin, even though I don't think he will be all that impressed with it. At this point we still go because of great family memories of eating there before we became empty nesters, AND we love vegetable couscous.

We ate there in 2005 right before my three week trip to Lebanon. Being Lebanese myself. I thought that I would enjoy this place. While the restaurant itself was beautiful and the entertainment was great, we didnt really like the food all that much, but our daughter loved the kids spagetti :-)

Via iPhone

My DW and I have dined at Marrakesh twice over the past two years. The first time was very good, the second just "so so". IMHO, you get a better deal and good food at the counter service restaurant, Tangierine Cafe, especially if you dine outside while Mo'Roccan is performimg. Their belly dancer is better than the one inside at Marrakesh. :)

We at at Marrakesh last December. My boyfriend loved the ethnic, "just good" food, but I found it to be horrible (and no, it had nothing to do with the belly dancer lol). I would most definitely not go back there, but he might.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter