Keto Eating

mamacatnv

That be a Mum Y'all - a Texas Mum
I eat carnivore but for our upcoming DL trip, I am thinking that Keto - Low carb will be my best options.
We are not planning any dining reservations and will be doing all casual dining throughout our weeklong stay.
Would love to hear about others who have managed low carb while at DL/DCA. Ideas and suggestions of food offerings are welcomed.

A few of my go-to low carb choices are the skewers at Bengal BBQ, roasted Endorian chicken salad at Docking Bay 7, and the poke and seared salmon salads at Craftsman Grill. Most of the quick service places have a chicken salad but they're all pretty mundane.

I eat LCHF style and sticking to it at DL/DCA has been tricky but not impossible. Main thing that gets me by is bringing in my own food/snacks. I'll pack in a bunch of LC protein bars, jerky, meat/cheese sticks, packs of nuts, etc. Can also bring in a little lunch size cooler to keep fresher food refrigerated for lunch/dinner. I'll rent a locker and offload most of that stuff when I first get there so I'm not hauling it all around. As for foods in the parks I've stuck with burgers w/ side of mandarins (chuck the buns), turkey legs (they are gigantic!), and the Bengal BBQ skewers (easy on the sauce). Best thing about LCHF for me is that I can go for ages without getting very hungry. So I will load up on the breakfast buffet at the hotel (eggs, bacon, sausage, omelets, etc), then use the snacks I brought throughout day, and have one meal in the parks for a late lunch or early dinner and call it good.

I eat LCHF style and sticking to it at DL/DCA has been tricky but not impossible. Main thing that gets me by is bringing in my own food/snacks. I'll pack in a bunch of LC protein bars, jerky, meat/cheese sticks, packs of nuts, etc. Can also bring in a little lunch size cooler to keep fresher food refrigerated for lunch/dinner. I'll rent a locker and offload most of that stuff when I first get there so I'm not hauling it all around. As for foods in the parks I've stuck with burgers w/ side of mandarins (chuck the buns), turkey legs (they are gigantic!), and the Bengal BBQ skewers (easy on the sauce). Best thing about LCHF for me is that I can go for ages without getting very hungry. So I will load up on the breakfast buffet at the hotel (eggs, bacon, sausage, omelets, etc), then use the snacks I brought throughout day, and have one meal in the parks for a late lunch or early dinner and call it good.
We are flying in but I was seriously thinking about making up a whole bunch of burger patties, freezing them, packing in a cooler (3 hour direct flight) and stashing in hotel fridge, along with snack items you mentioned. Ohhhh turkey legs, yummmmm and thanks for the tips on the BBQ Skewers. I am accustomed to eating once maybe twice during a 6 hour eating window. Its amazing how long I can go in a tbsp of butter in my morning coffee.

A few of my go-to low carb choices are the skewers at Bengal BBQ, roasted Endorian chicken salad at Docking Bay 7, and the poke and seared salmon salads at Craftsman Grill. Most of the quick service places have a chicken salad but they're all pretty mundane.
The Endorian chicken looks good, thanks for the tips!

My go-to low carb is Bengal BBQ. I used to sometimes get the chicken at Rancho Del Zocolo, but I haven't been there for a while and I'm not sure if their menu has changed. Alot of restaurants have chicken with some kind of sauce. You can get eggs for breakfast at Jolly Holiday. They come in a croissant sandwich, but I bet you could ask for it without the croissant, or take them out.

In DTD, Black Tap Craft Burgers & Shakes make a very good burger salad. You can add different items (I added a fried egg) and it was so delicious, I had it a few times during our stay last week. You can check the menu at the Disney site (and on the app). The salad is large, the burger is tasty and it is big enough to split and eat half and have the other half later. If you drink coffee, you may need to bring heavy whipping cream, or get butter to put into your coffee.

There used to be jerky in Star Wars land and I was devastated when they got rid of it. It was such an easy snack and worked with my specialized diet.

If you're looking to follow a low-carb diet while visiting DL or DCA, there are several options available to you.
1.Look for low-carb options on menus: Many restaurants and food stands at both parks offer low-carb options. Look for items that are high in protein and healthy fats, such as grilled chicken or salmon, salads with avocado or nuts, and vegetable sides.
2.Bring your own snacks: If you have specific dietary needs, bringing your own snacks can be a good option. Consider bringing items like nuts, seeds, beef jerky, or protein bars.
3.Avoid sugary drinks: Both parks offer a variety of sugary drinks like soda, lemonade, and juice.
4.Plan ahead: Do some research ahead of time to find out what low-carb options are available at each park.
The ideal ketosis level for weight loss (https://betterme.world/articles/ideal-ketosis-level-for-weight-loss/) is anywhere between 0.5 to 3.0 milligrams per deciliter , so remember if u follow that suggestions u will definitely be on a right way to become
Thank you for posting the above link. Very interesting read!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter