Kerri's Atkins Journal (posts welcome)

PAdisMOM

Mouseketeer
Today was day 1 of my induction phase. So far I feel fine, but I hear day 2,3 &4 can be rough.

Treadmill: 2 miles

BF: 2 egg muffins (sausage and egg cooked in a muffin tin)

Lunch: 2 slices of turkey breat rolled up with 2 slices of swiss cheese, 1 cup cucumbers

Dinner: roast beef, 1 c. cauliflower w/ butter, 1 c. salad with Italian dressing

Snack: 1 slice of turkey breat rolled up with 1 slice of swiss cheese

Evening outdoor walk: 1.5 miles

Day 2 of induction: I've been feeling fine!! I had been expecting the worst, but so far so good. I felt a little queazy for about 10 minutes this morning, but that's it!:D

Breakfast: 1 egg muffin (didn't feel good and couldn't eat the second one)

Lunch: 2 slices of turkey breast rolled with swiss cheese and 1 c. cucumbers

Snack: 1 slice tukey breast rolled with swiss cheese

Dinner: roast beef, 1c. cauliflower with butter, 1 cup salad (no dressing)

Hope I feel as good tomorrow!!

Day 3: I still feel good today, but today was full of temptations. I was hungrier than I had been the 1st 2 days, but not overly hungry. It was my DDs preschool graduation. We ate out at a pizza place. Pizza is my favorite and everybody else was eating it. It was so hard, but I made it!!! Then there was cake after the graduation. But again, I made it. So I did OK.

BF: 2 egg and sausage muffins

Lunch: 2 slices of turkey rolled with swiss cheese, 1 c. cucumbers

snack: 10 slices of pepperoni, 1 mozzerella cheese stick

Dinner: 6 garlic and butter chicken wings, 1 c. chefs salad with french dressing (about 1/2 tbsp)

Day 4 (I don't know how long I'll keep numbering the days. Probably until I've made it 2 weeks)

BF: 1 egg and sausage muffin

Lunch: 2 slices of turkey rolled with swiss cheese, 1 c. cucumbers

snack: SF jello with whipped cream

Dinner: 2 hot sausages, 2 c. brocolli w/ butter

Evening walk: 3 miles (outdoors)

I fell great. Not hungry at all!!! I didn't think I'd feel that this soon. My biggest fear these four days is that I'd "accidently" eat something forbidden. Like pick up a cracker my daughter was eating and eat it. This has made me realize how mindlessly I was eating.

Day 5 : Another challenge- memorial day picnic with the in-laws. But I DID IT!!

Walked 4 miles outdoors

BF: Ham, egg and mushroom muffin w/ cheese

Snack: 2 oz. cheddar cheese cubes

Lunch: 8 oz. BS chicken breast, Cheeseburger (w/ swiss cheese, no bun) 1/2 c. cucumbers

Dinner: 1 hot dog (no bun), 4 oz. BS chicken breast

I ate more than usual today. I think it was because there were so many treats that I couldn't eat, that I kept eating what I could eat even though I wasn't hungry. This kept me away from the strawberry shortcake (which I brought BTW, how stupid can I be!!)

Day 6: After facing the temptations of the cook out yesterday, I was glad for today. I was staying home and knew what I was going to eat for every meal. Well, my SILs and MIL decided to visit and bring their kids. Still no big deal. Sounded like fun. Then they called and said that they had ordered 2 large pizzas and were bringing them for lunch.

OH NO!!! Facing pizza twice in one week!:( I didn't think I could take it. I knew I wouldn't cheat, but I knew I'd be so miserable with it in the house. They brought it anyway. Nobody in my family knows that I'm doing Atkins (outside a select few). The hardest part was making up an excuse as to why I wasn't eating. But I survived. I'm taking the last 3 slices to my sister's house now.

Treadmill: 2.2 miles

BF: ham, mushroom, & egg muffin

Lunch: 2 slices of Virginia Brand ham , like a sandwich with 2 slices of swiss cheese in between, 3 slices of tomato and a sprinkle of Italian seasoning. Grilled it in a frying pan like a grilled cheese sanwich (Delicious!!!!) & 1 c. brocolli

Dinner: 1 cheeseburger (no bun) 4 oz. BS chicken breat, 1 c. green beans, 1 c. cucumbers & tomaotes

I'm hoping that if I post early it will keep me from eating anything else. It should work because I'm really not hungry.

Day 7: I have made it a whole week. It hasn't been bad at all!!! Today I even made cheddar mashed potatoes and corn for my family and I wasn't even tempted. (Now pizza is another story)

Treadmill: 2.3 miles

BF: ham, mushroom, and egg muffin w/ 1/2 slice swiss cheese

Lunch: 2 slices of ham with 2 slices of swiss cheese, 3 slices of tomato, and a sprinkle of italian seasoning, grilled like a sandwhich

Snack: hot dog, no bun

Dinner: 4 oz. BS chicken breast w/ a little BBQ sauce (I couldn't resist, the chicken has been dry for 3 days),1/2 a link hot Italian sausage, 1 1/1 c. cucumbers & tomatoes, 1/2 c. green beans

Outdoor walk: 4 miles

Tomorrow is my first official Atkins weigh in (although I do weigh every day)

Day 8: starting week 2

My official weigh in started this morning off: 5 lbs. lost in one week! How exciting.

I ttok my students on a feild trip to Six Flags Darien Lake today. Some moments were tempting, but I was surprised at what things weren't tempting.

treadmill: 2 miles

BF: ham, mushroom and egg muffin with 1/2 slice swiss cheese

Lunch: 1 hot dog (no bun), 1 Italian sausage (no bun), 1/2 c. tossed salad with italian dressing

Snack: 1 mozzerella cheese stick

Dinner: 1/2 c. tuna and egg salad, chicken & brocolli soup. I got bored eating the left over chicken, and my family was eating soup. So I heated a can of chicken broth with some cut up chicken and a cup of brocolli. It was really good, and I didn't feel left out of the family meal.

Day 9 (I really am losing count. I had to check on this one)

No exercise today. I took my students on another field trip (to the nuclear reactor at Penn State) . I was just sore this morning and decided to take a day off.

BF: ham, mushroom, & egg muffin w/ cheese

Lunch: Ate at Arby's. Italian Beef w/ Provolone sandwhich (no bun) and cheese sticks (peeled off the coating) I only ate about 3/4 of the sandwhich meat and only 2 of the 4 cheese sticks.:D

Dinner: 3/4 c. tuna & egg salad, 1 c. brocolli w/ butter, 1/2 tomato slices

Day 10: This is becoming routine. I guess that's the point, huh?

BF: ham, mushroom, & egg muffin (no cheese today)

Lunch: 1 c. tuna & egg salad

Dinner: 1 pork chop (grilled with butter & garlic: YUMMY), tomato slices, 1 c. brocolli

Day 11 (5/30)

BF: ham, mushroom, & egg muffin w/ 1/2 slice provolone

Lunch: 2 slices of ham rolled up with 2 slices of provolone cheese

Dinner: Garlic & butter pork chop, 1 c. green beans, fried zucchini
(I was getting a little bored and needed to try something new. I dipped the slices in egg white, then put them in a mixture of parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and italian seasoning & fried them. They tasted wonderful!!:D )

Tonight we're going to the drive-in. Everybody will have snacks & junk food. I bought some pork rinds to take with me just in case I can't take it. I'm hoping that I just continue to be not hungry.

Monday (6/2) Today is my 14th day of induction!! Yea!!! I'll post today's journal tonight, but I've went away for the weekend to Niagara Falls and I want ot catch up on my missed journals.

This weekend was a challenge to find things I could eat, but I did it!

Sat: Treadmill: 1 mile

BF: 1 ham, mushroom, and egg muffin w/ 1/2 slice provolone cheese.

Lunch: 2 slices of ham rolled with provolone cheese and a tsp. of hoagie sauce.

Dinner: Hot wings (6), topping of 2 slices of pizza, 2 c. cucumbers & cherry tomatoes

Sun: Bf: 1 turkey sausage link, 2 slices of bacon

Lunch : turkey from a turkey sandwich, 2 c. cucumbers

Dinner: Ate at Ponderosa (Finally!! Real food!) Sirloin tips w/ mushrooms and onions, salad (no dressing). 1 c. green beans, 2 grilled shrimp

Day 14!!! I made it through induction!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

BF: Fried egg w/ 1/2 slice provolone cheese

Lunch: 6 grilled shrimp & 4 sirloin tips (left overs)

Dinner: Rotisserie chicken, 1 1/2 c. brussel sprouts, 1 1/2 c. tossed salad w/ italian dressing

I do think that I'm going to try moving off induction and onto OWL. If it doesn't work as I'd like, I'll go back. I'm going to start adding a few carbs this week. Actually, I'd like to shoot for 20 carbs a day this week. We'll see how it goes.

I weigh in tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Congratulations on making it through induction!!:D Sounds like your hard work is paying off since I see you have a 10lb award. I am on day 3 of induction and am hoping if I stick to it, I will see some good results! Again, great job! Keep up the good work!!

Wow! Great job! You are so committed to the exercise. That is really helpin you, I bet. Congratulations! I can't wait to see your menu on OWL.

Week 3 (I've decided to post weekly)

This was my first week off of induction. I added 5 grams of carbs a day. I mostly did this by adding cantelope during breakfast. Two days I had cottage cheese during lunch.

On my birthday I baked a low carb flourless chocolate torte. It was awful (threw it away). I also had sugar free ice cream with SF choc syrup. The ice cream was good, the syrup was the worst thing I've tasted.

This week I go away to Mommy and Me church camp with my 2 DDs. I'm taking a cooler of food with me so I know I have something to eat no matter what is served. I called ahead and explained my situation.

I lost 2 pounds this week. Got my 15 lb. clippie (11 of that on Atkins). My total since 1/1/03 is now 20 lbs. It is really showing and I've had many compliments. That makes is so much easier to stay on program.

I forgot my exercise!

I didn't miss a single day on the treadmill. Yesterday I up'ed my daily walk to 3 miles since I'm off for the summer and have the time. I wasn't able to get in an evening outdoor walk. The one day I started, my husband came to pick me up because his uncle passed away. My schedule hasn't permitted any other walks. This week and next week don't look good either, but after that should be OK. At least I have the treadmill for sure. Anything above that is bonus!:D

Kerri, Sorry about your DH's uncle.

You are doing amazingly well!!! I just couldn't help but comment. You are very committed (sp?) to your diet AND your exercise. That's impressive. Great job!!

I need to take a page out of your book & bump up the exercise.:rolleyes:

Week 4

I lost 1 pound this week. That seems low, but I'm just happy with any loss. I've lost 12 pounds total in 4 weeks on Atkins. I'm at a very comfortable weight right now so I'm OK if the rest comes off slowly. I still have 24 pounds to go though.

I have stayed in the 25 - 30 g of carbs range. That is as far as I can tell. I went away to a mommy and me church cmp with my 2 DDs for 4 days this week. I was so worried about the food that would be served, so I took a lot of my own food. The lodge had a small kitchen so it worked out great. I have not cheated once in 4 weeks, but I did eat one breaded chicken breast this week. But I don't even count that as a cheat.

I could exercise regulary at camp, but we did plenty of hiking!! Up mountains none the less. Pushing my DD in a stroller!!!

This week starts a big challenge for me, so I can use some pixie dust and prayers. My relatives are coming to visit. Some are staying a week, others are staying 4 weeks. I have a great time when they are here, but I lose my focus.

Last spring I lost 25 pounds. The day they came, I stopped walking and started eating everything in sight. By the end of the summer I had put all 25 pounds back on. I have lost 21 of those pounds again, but it took me a year.

I am determined to stick to this while they are here!! Absolutely determined!!!:mad: Then as soon as the first ones leave, we leave for WDW. So these next 4 weeks are make it or break it time for me. Please send me strength!!:p

Week 5 : I lost 3 pounds this week. I have only missed one day on the treadmill. I knew this was going to be a tough couple of weeks, but so far I'm doing fine. I never expected to lose 3 pounds, I was hoping to maintain!!

It has been a challenge because I'm eating at my mom's every night. A different family cooks dinner each night. So far I have been lucky with their choices (roast beef, wings, turkey breast).

Tonight I am eating cake. My aunt is making a new pecan cake and I have decided to try it. I was hoping to keep up my cheat free streak, but I will not. But hopefully this will be my only cheat. And I go into it knowing that I made this decision ahead of time and didn't impulsively give in. We'll see next week when I weigh in.

The day after weigh in next week, we go to WDW!!! I'm getting so excited!!!:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter