• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kelsie's Journal! (Replies Welcome)

Kelsie

DIS Veteran
I have never been one to journal my progress however, I've never been as committed as I am now. My plan is to use this journal to post what I've eaten for the day, things I've learned and random thoughts (this is scary). :)

Oh Kelsie, you have been so innovative for all of us. You have electrified the DIS and I think it is marvelous!!

I've never been as committed as I am now
And it shows!!! Very proud of your accomplishments.

good luck and enjoy your journal. Just think how cool it will be too look back on your first posts, and then to see how far you will go.

Originally posted by Kelsie I've never been as committed as I am now. My plan is to use this journal to post what I've eaten for the day, things I've learned and random thoughts (this is scary). :)

The committment part I totally agree with, and think is wonderful.............

the random thoughts thing is indeed kind of scary!! ;)

I think seeing things in print help to put everything in perspective somehow. I think this is a great idea you have and I look forward to reading your progress (er, degress??!!?! is that a word?)

I want to be a LOSER! :)

<b>April 24, 2003
3rd day on 'Alex Challenge'
24th day of Diet (5 on WW, 19 on Atkins)
Total Loss to Date:14 Pounds

This day was a bit difficult for me. I'm not sure if it's those nasty hormoines or the rainy weather. But, I really wanted to EAT! I stayed with the challenge, although I had a bit more cream and cheese than I normally do.

Breakfast-Cheese slices (I'm not a big breakfast eater)
Lunch-1/2 Steak and cheese (I'm going to turn into a mouse soon :teeth: )
Dinner-I stir fryed some chicked strips with a little 0 carb taco sauce (1/4 tsp), garlic salt and onion salt. Smothered it in cheese and used sour cream as a dip. It was actually wonderful :)
Snack-Root Beer Cream, coffee w/cream

I am really hoping Friday will be a better day! :)

<b>April 25, 2003
4th day on 'Alex Challenge'
25th day of Diet (5 on WW, 20 on Atkins)
Total Loss to Date:15 Pounds (and a new clipart :) )

Friday was a good day, I felt much better than I did on Thursday. My DD has been sick and I caught it also so, that gave me another excuse to not start exercising :( I look for excuses you know!! :rolleyes: I have to do this!!

Breakfast: Cheese slices

Lunch: Double Quarter Pounder with Cheese and mustard (tossed the bun)

Dinner: Here's where I may have taken in a few more carbs than I wanted but I was craving pizza so, I took 10 pepperoni's, put a dab of zero carb pizza sauce on each and some shredded cheese and cooked them for 3 minutes. It really helped my craving and gave me that pizza taste.

Snack: Root Beer Cream (what can I say, I'm addicted!)

Weekends are so difficult for me, so here's hoping I can get through the next 2 days!<b>

Sounds ok to me Kelsie....I have eaten nothing yet, and am starti8ng to get hungry...think I will take the girls swimming and then have an early dinner...

I know that pepperoni has some carbs, but very little, so the cheese is it...Way to go...keep it up!

<b>April 26, 2003
5th day on 'Alex Challenge'
26th day of Diet (5 on WW, 21 on Atkins)
Total Loss to Date:16 Pounds

It was a very good day today. I wasn't hungry most of the day which felt great. I really tried to push the water but I'm still struggling with it. I weighed this morning about 4:30 AM (HEY, I was up getting rid of some of that water and thought, what the heck). I didn't show a loss so, I weighed again mid-morning ( I know, I'm weighing too much but, I plan to go back to once a week after the Alex Challenge) and showed a loss of another pound! (I will never understand this, but I'll take it :teeth: ).

Breakfast: Nothing
Lunch: 1 oz Cheese
Dinner: 2 Chicken Breasts cooked on the grill with onion salt.
Snack: Sugar Free Jello
2 or 3 diet cokes (in between)

The weekend is 1/2 over and 2 mores day's of the Alex Challenge. With the results I'm seeing, I may do this every other week.</b>

<b>April 27, 2003
6th day on 'Alex Challenge'
27th day of Diet (5 on WW, 22 on Atkins)

It seemed like I couldn't get enough to eat today, but I stayed on the 'Challenge.

Breakfast: 2 egg and cheese omelete
Lunch: Chunks of Chicken, melted cheese and sour cream
Dinner: Roast Turkey (I actually made one today) and cheese slices
Snack: Sugar Free Jello & Whipped Cream

One more day :) I am going to make it!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc </b>

<b>April 28, 2003
7th (AND LAST) day on 'Alex Challenge'
28th day of Diet (5 on WW, 23 on Atkins)

It looks like I'm going to make it!! :) I actually told Alex tonight, that I will make it even if I have to tape my mouth shut!!

Breakfast- Nothing
Lunch - Turkey and cheese slices
Dinner - Chicken strips cooked in 2 teaspoons Soy Sauce
Snack - Jello with Whipped Cream

This has been an interesting week. I thought more that a few times that I wouldn't make it. But, it just goes to show that I can do anything, if I make up my mind.

I am looking forward to a salad tomorrow though. I'm missed veggies.

My plan is to try and repeat the 'Alex Challenge every other week.</b>

And I remember when weekends were your biggest challenge. And NOW look at you!!!!! Kelsie, you need to give yourself a BIG pat on the back!!!! :) You are a true winner at the losing game!!!

Hugs, TigH. xo

<b>May 9, 2003
39th day of Diet (5 on WW, 34 on Atkins)
Total Loss to Date: 21 Pounds

OK, I know I took a break from this. Things have been a little emotional the past 2 weeks. But, I am on track and continue to stay on the program (even after my slip last Sunday).

Friday--
Breakfast-Nothing (I just find I'm not hungry)
Lunch-6 Hot Wings and Blue Cheese Dressing
Snack-2 RS Peppermint Patties (OMG!, these are awesome but did a number on my stomach. Worth it, I must say ;) )
Dinner-I tried the low carb pasta and really didn't like it, so I had a piece of chicken.

I'm on my laptop now, we had a ton of snow last night and are without power (my battery is going fast). I may just have to go shopping! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter