Keep it friendly, please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebmasterKathy

Administrator
Administrator
Because we've had some less-than-welcoming responses to posts here recently, I think this is a good time for reminder of our rules and purpose.

Our members have a wealth of knowledge about WDW, and our mission here is to welcome questions and help each other plan vacations in a fun and friendly environment.

If a poster cannot answer questions in a friendly and welcoming manner, that poster should refrain from responding! What you may think of as "friendly ribbing" may be taken as rude or sarcastic in the context of a post to someone who does not know you. Please keep this in mind and avoid making comments that may be seen as rude.

For anyone with questions about our guidelines, you can review them here: DISboards Guidelines

If you notice a post that is rude or otherwise violates our guidelines, please use the little red triangle you'll see on each post to report that post to our moderators.

If you have questions or problems with the guidelines, please address those to our team of webmasters at admin@wdwinfo.com. Arguments or complaints about the rules on the forums will be seen as disruptive and be deleted.

Thanks for keeping the DISboards a helpful and friendly place where we can all talk about and plan our Disney vacations! :thumbsup2

If a poster cannot answer questions in a friendly and welcoming manner, that poster should refrain from responding! What you may think of as "friendly ribbing" may be taken as rude or sarcastic in the context of a post to someone who does not know you. Please keep this in mind and avoid making comments that may be seen as rude.

If that expectation was applied to everyone equally it would have meaning. As long as the pets get to be rude, then report anyone else for the same thing, then don't expect things to change much.

Does this also apply to those who tattle after editing their rude, obnoxious and condescending posts?

I am with Rob. Until the rules are applied EQUALLY to all, including those who tattle regularly, there will be little here that changes. This part of the board is the closest to a family atmosphere your will get on the DIS. I dare say that there is not another place on the boards where people are more like family. However, I will add that there are people that will purposely come over here from the community board or resorts board and pick a fight, run back to their boards and tattle to y'all just to get their jollies. How fun it must be to be them, not.

Dear Ms Webmaster Kathy,

Since you're not the regular moderator here and the only time we see you here is when this little red triangle must appear.

IMHO you should visit more often to see what get's hese kinda things going in the first place. You have your people who come in and post questions and troll to get things stirred up. Where were you when one of the nicest family's on here were looking for some advice on how to raise $300 extra bucks to make a camping trip and people from an entirely different board came to the camping thread to bash this woman to pieces. Where are you when people post something only to edit it before you get the chance to see it?

Obviously we have a resident tattletale who likes to drop a bomb in the crown and run away saying what did I do? FYI, there's about 25 people here who are regulars who also are Fort Wilderness regulars who have given some great advice and been thanked many times for making someones trip a better one. I guess I need to start trolling around other areas and make sure everybody is in line and be sure to pm you with all the info I can find. I would love to see your presence here daily to let us know you're being fair to us "regulars" as well.

Some people on this board seem to think that this board exists only for them and anyone else is trashed when they post an opinion or speak their mind. :worship:

I do not know what "tattlers" you speak of, and I do not know who the regulars are.

I do know that I checked in on a thread where a brand new poster asked sincere questions about camping at Ft. Wilderness and saw some established posters responding with sarcastic and unwelcoming comments, and this is not acceptable.

Anyone who finds posts that are in violation of our guidelines (rude, profane, etc.) should use the red triangle to bring them to the attention of the moderators. This is not "tattling"; this is how we expect our posters and members to let us know when something needs our attention.

Some forums are "fully moderated", meaning that every submission must be read and approved by a moderator before it is posted. That is not the model here on the DISboards. Here, moderators do not review every post and we rely on our members to help us keep the tone friendly and appropriate by alerting us to problems that we may not see.

Some people on this board seem to think that this board exists only for them and anyone else is trashed when they post an opinion or speak their mind. :worship:

I dare say you have not been here long enough to know what Donnie was referring to. I will take your opinion as just that, an opinion.

However, the FACT that people, the same people, keep tattling over and over is a problem that is getting worse, not better.

No one thinks that this board exists for them. However, what you fail to see is that a great number of us have found something more than a virtual existence. We have found a true friendship in that we ACTUALLY GO AND MEET EACH OTHER and quite often. This brings a family aspect to it that you fail to comprehend and sometimes despise. Maybe one day you will come and join our fun in person, or like others in the past, present and future, watch from a distance and then come talk about it here.

Here, moderators do not review every post and we rely on our members to help us keep the tone friendly and appropriate by alerting us to problems that we may not see.

Yes, we fully understand this. However, what we have an issue is with what you are not seeing. Many times, and recently I might add, things are reported to you and their own posts are edited, yet they complain about how horrible and rude we are.

Plus, you mentioned this instance. Why is it that a whole thread must be made of it? Can we just not take care of the infraction via PM? You have now made this a very public issue. You have opened a can of worms I don't think you intended on opening and they aren't intent on staying in the can.

It's called a discussion board and that's what most people do here. Why we're at it why don't we call a spade a spade here. One of the biggest arguements here is with LarryJ. He posts his opinions, many without looking at a complete thread before he types his IMO. If someone calls him out he edits his post to make it look as though he's being picked on. By the time a mod comes in everybody looks bad. A good example is when someone asks a towing question. God forbid anyone else knows anything. His answer is go to rv.net. That shows disrespect to me because I've towed everything but a semi trailer and yes I know a few things and had some experiences that I think would be valuable to someone but it's Larry's opinion or ILO as some call it he ain't having it. I'm sure there have been some unneccessary replies posted but in all fairness the good outweighs anything bad.

I dare say you have not been here long enough to know what Donnie was referring to. I will take your opinion as just that, an opinion.

However, the FACT that people, the same people, keep tattling over and over is a problem that is getting worse, not better.

No one thinks that this board exists for them. However, what you fail to see is that a great number of us have found something more than a virtual existence. We have found a true friendship in that we ACTUALLY GO AND MEET EACH OTHER and quite often. This brings a family aspect to it that you fail to comprehend and sometimes despise. Maybe one day you will come and join our fun in person, or like others in the past, present and future, watch from a distance and then come talk about it here.

:thumbsup2

Kathy, thank you for being considerate and letting us know that you know what is going on and letting our opinions be respectfully submitted.

please, all this anger and hurt isn't going to bring back Jack Lalanne.

please, all this anger and hurt isn't going to bring back Jack Lalanne.

That Jack was one healthy dude. Probably never had a cupcake or a piece of fudge his whole life. And he was better off without them.

Jen I wasn't referring to anything that Stacktester said. I don't know where you got that from. I was just referring to those of us that haven't had the opportunity to hang out with those of you that do get together in person and foster personal friendships with each other. I hope one day to meet some of you guys but sometimes I feel like an outsider because I haven't been able to meet each one of you guys.

I think this is a great board and I'd hate to see it get destroyed by infighting and snarkyness.

Thanks for the future invite.

If there is some back story that we need to know about to be able to moderate this forum, please explain in detail (including usernames) in an email to admin@wdwinfo.com.

If there are posters you disagree with, keep it in private messages or add them to your ignore list so you do not see their posts.

If there is a problem, report it to the moderators using the red triangle.

Do not engage in arguments, insults or name calling in your posts.

I feel like an outsider because I haven't been able to meet each one of you guys.

I think this is a great board and I'd hate to see it get destroyed by infighting and snarkyness.

You have met me, just not in person. Very much like the others, I am exactly, and I mean exactly like I am here, in person. This is why when we all get together, it is like a block party of those who meet for a weekly party. We all know each other here, so stop being an outsider and start being yourself. Once you let some of your guard down, you will find that the only person that was preventing yourself from having fun was you. ;)

Like on the news and at work, much too much is said about nothing. People would rather make each other miserable than get a laugh. I spent too much of my life adhering to their practices until recently in my life. I choose not to subscribe to it. I choose not to be miserable here. If that involves me being snarky and funny, that is my personality. There are too many people who come here wanting rv.net service. This board used to be like that. I am very glad that I was and am a part of the reason it is no longer subscribing to that boring existence.

JOIN THE FUN!

Jen I wasn't referring to anything that Stacktester said. I don't know where you got that from. I was just referring to those of us that haven't had the opportunity to hang out with those of you that do get together in person and foster personal friendships with each other. I hope one day to meet some of you guys but sometimes I feel like an outsider because I haven't been able to meet each one of you guys.

Nice try, but it doesn't do anything for your street cred. I have met exactly 3 of the regulars on here, though I converse daily with dozens. I am hardly an outsider.

If there is some back story that we need to know about to be able to moderate this forum, please explain in detail (including usernames) in an email to admin@wdwinfo.com.

If there are posters you disagree with, keep it in private messages or add them to your ignore list so you do not see their posts.

If there is a problem, report it to the moderators using the red triangle.

Do not engage in arguments, insults or name calling in your posts.

That has been explained many times, regarding many different threads. I know that because I have been the one trying to explain it. In the end my posts will get deleted, and the same few pets will roll on undisturbed.

btw, I'd like to see the mods here deal with reviewing every submission before it gets posted.

Nice try, but it doesn't do anything for your street cred. I have met exactly 3 of the regulars on here, though I converse daily with dozens. I am hardly an outsider.

Only because you have the cool avatar that makes the girls giggle. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter