• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Keep an eye on your charges at the Swan

FLVacationGirl

Mouseketeer
I booked my stay at the Swan through Air Miles (Canadian rewards program) and paid a combination of points plus cash in early November. Then 4 or 5 days before my Dec 15th stay I called the Swan and prepaid my resort fees.
The Swan somehow double-charged me both the room charge and the resort fees when I checked in even though all I authorized was a hold for incidentals of $100 USD. I talked to front desk in person on Dec 16th and the person I spoke to expressed doubt that I had prepaid either charge as she couldn't see it on her end. She kind of brushed me off and said accounting would look into it. The issue didn't get fixed, no one ever contacted me, and I had to email the Swan on Dec 20th after my stay to have someone actually look into the issue.

The Swan is now reversing both of the double charges but 15 days after I originally spoke to front desk, I'm still waiting for the correction. They are giving me 20,000 Bonvoy points as an apology. Just want to give others a heads up that they might get charged after the fact for a prepaid stay.

(We had a 2 week vacation and this was the only issue. The Swan was otherwise great. We had zero issues with the portion of our trip that was at POFQ.)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing this - I also actually booked a stay with Airmiles (for February, just one night). (Although I booked completely with Airmiles, not a cash/points stay) Hopefully will have no issues but still have to pay the resort fee and parking fee and will just do that when I get there. (Unrelated but related - neither of the numbers I got from Airmiles were actually the actual confirmation number from the hotel - I had to call WDW and speak to two different people, second of which phoned somewhere to get the actual number and link up my reservation so I could book fast passes this week. Thankfully that got fixed up but the numbers they gave me were no where close to what the actual one was....)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter