Keep 50's Prime Time or Hunt down Fantasmic Package (at MM/H&V)

MrVargas

Earning My Ears
I'm planning my first trip to Disney with my family of 4 (kids ages 6 & 8) for July.

Today was my ADR day for my 10 day trip. I got everything I wanted except that on my Hollywood Studio's day I wanted to do the Fantasmic Package for Dinner at either Mama Melrose or Hollywood & Vine. It seems like there hasn't been any availability made for the day I will be there. At some point it looks like the package will be up for Reservation.

As a backup I booked 50's Prime Time. Honestly, if it wasn't for the Fantasmic seating 50's Prime Time was my preferred place to eat. It sounds like a fun atmosphere that I think my family would enjoy. We already have 3 other character meals (CRT, Chip n Dale Harvest Feast, Tusker House) so I don't think Hollywood Vine's character buffet is necessary and we already have an Italian place booked (Festival of Fantasy Dining Package at Tony's Town Square) and though Mama Melrose is probably better than Tony's I don't feel particularly inclined to dine there. I'm much more interested in 50's PT.

I'm considering leaving it alone and stick with my 50's Prime Time reservation. How difficult will it be to secure seating at Fantasmic with no priority? What are your thoughts?

I made this in the wrong forum. Can a mod please move to Restaurants

Last edited:
Fantasmic is easy to see without a FP, and it is even easy to get as a FP later in the day. I would eat where you want to eat.

I'm planning my first trip to Disney with my family of 4 (kids ages 6 & 8) for July.

Today was my ADR day for my 10 day trip. I got everything I wanted except that on my Hollywood Studio's day I wanted to do the Fantasmic Package for Dinner at either Mama Melrose or Hollywood & Vine. It seems like there hasn't been any availability made for the day I will be there. At some point it looks like the package will be up for Reservation.

As a backup I booked 50's Prime Time. Honestly, if it wasn't for the Fantasmic seating 50's Prime Time was my preferred place to eat. It sounds like a fun atmosphere that I think my family would enjoy. We already have 3 other character meals (CRT, Chip n Dale Harvest Feast, Tusker House) so I don't think Hollywood Vine's character buffet is necessary and we already have an Italian place booked (Festival of Fantasy Dining Package at Tony's Town Square) and though Mama Melrose is probably better than Tony's I don't feel particularly inclined to dine there. I'm much more interested in 50's PT.

I'm considering leaving it alone and stick with my 50's Prime Time reservation. How difficult will it be to secure seating at Fantasmic with no priority? What are your thoughts?

This is better asked on the Restaurants Forum rather than here on the Resort Forum

You could eat at 50s prime time and book the fantasmic dessert party. It's the same seating as the dining package.

More money, but you do get exactly what you prefer.

We LOVE 50s Prime Time. It’s a must do for us. I say keep it! I’ve only done Fantasmic at DLR, but I’ve heard it’s pretty easy to see at WDW without a special package.

The stadium to see fantasmic is so big and angled well enough that you really can see from anywhere. I enjoyed 50s prime time. Since you already are seeing most of the H&V characters I don’t think it’s worth paying more for H&V or mama melrose package.

Keep your ADR for Prime Time.
We did the Fantasmic package and were told to be lined up at Fantasmic 30 minutes before the show. We walked by an hour ahead and a line already formed- for the dining package entry, not the regular entry. Not worth the upcharge as we didn’t save any time and the seating area was nothing special.
Book it as a FP if you’re really worried, otherwise line up a little early and go with regular entry.

Since you're right at 180-days, the likelihood is that Fantasmic! packages are not yet 'loaded' into the Disney system.

Regardless, I'm gonna' potentially burst a bubble here.....

The theming of 50's Prime Time is 'lost' on many children - they do not understand black & white TV's or formica. But you can always grab a hand-made margarita to-go from the Lounge.

Your 8 y.o. may be able to stay awake for Fantasmic! after a day in the Parks, harder to plan for the 6 y.o.

Since you're asking - and because I like the convenience of any dinner show ticket combo - in order to give your 6 y.o. a chance to stay awake for the show - arrive to the Park as late as possible. Start at dinner (late lunch)....then use your FP after dinner....maybe even save one for after Fantasmic! to keep the 6 y.o. excited.

Sorry to burst your planning bubble, but we traveled too many times with a young child and those evening plans required a bit of extra planning from her parents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter