Kayaks on Castaway Cay

meliscan

Mouseketeer
Can you rent kayaks on castaway cay? I did the excursion last year and it was fine but I don't want to be on a time schedule and the walking part isn't interesting enough to do it two years in a row. Thanks in advance!

Can you rent kayaks on castaway cay? I did the excursion last year and it was fine but I don't want to be on a time schedule and the walking part isn't interesting enough to do it two years in a row. Thanks in advance!
I believe the kayaks are only a part of an excursion. But the website says:
Boat Rentals
Set sail in the boat of your choice and embark on a breezy excursion atop the crystal-blue waters of Castaway Cay. Choose a sleek 1-person sea kayak, a charming 4-person paddleboat, a fun 2-person aqua trike or an active stand-up paddleboard for your water adventure!

Makes it sound like it's part of an excursion, but also that it could be an individual rental....sorry, don't know for sure.

You can rent kayaks at the boat rental area of the lagoon, but I believe you have to use them in that area rather than on the other side of the island where the excursion goes.
Disney-Dream-Castaway-Cay1.jpg

You can rent kayaks at the boat rental area of the lagoon, but I believe you have to use them in that area rather than on the other side of the island where the excursion goes.
Disney-Dream-Castaway-Cay1.jpg
This is correct. You are in the controlled area vs left to float out to sea.

Also, note the rentals can be cancelled just like the other excursions if it is too windy, rough seas, etc. We had planned to rent on our Thanksgiving cruise and the excursion we were going to go on, plus all the "boat" rentals were cancelled for the day.

Thanks, good information. Our son rented a kayak and had a blast, nice waters and views.

Do you have to make a reservation for a specific time or can you just walk up and do it anytime? We've been to CC 5 times and have never done these, looks like something fun for our next cruise.

This is correct. You are in the controlled area vs left to float out to sea.

That is wonderful news. I am fine with not going where the excursion goes. Let's face it my son just wants to get back on the ship so getting him for a few minutes on the island will be amazing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter