• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Kathy's journal (Comments welcome)

Originally posted by KathyFP
I weighed tonight and of course weight is higher than am (1/2) pound, but body fat was down (3%). I am going to have to research this body fat issue. The book said you should get weighed at least three hours after waking up. Some explained that body fat is more accurately measured when you are hydrated. I might weigh in morning for pounds and night for body fat. OK I am a little obsessive. I just need to see some progress to keep motivated.

This is exactly what I do, Kathy! I do weight only in the morning and check body fat a couple of hours later. :) You are doing great!!! I am nowhere near adding crunches to my routine! :eek: Keep up the great work!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I have also will be checking my blood sugar level. Somehting that I am terrible at. I think the successful with keeping my diabetes under control will help me keep focused on the real reason for the change in eating and exercise - my health!!!! I have a five year old that I want to be active with.

I forgot to add that today it was 123. That is not a fasting. Starating tomorrow I will check it in the am.

B]Day Eleven, May 8, 2003 [/B]

1. Take in calories twice a day. (This is prescribed by my Dr.)
A little rough with this today. Really hungry. Cheat with some croutons and a little cookie thing. I will try harder tomorrow.

2. Drink 3 liters of water/crystal light.
3 liters today. Maybe that was part of my problem. I didn’t drink as much today as usual.

3. Walk 2 miles (5 days a week).
Excellent. I actually walked 4 miles in 67 minutes. DH was running late picking me up so I kept walking until he got there.

4. Take the steps at work.
Perfect!

5. Read my dieters journal.
Today’s focus was that you can’t rely on anything to help you get through but God. He will get you through if you believe in him and his power.

6. Post in my online journal.
Great

7. Take my vitamins.
Without a reminder.

8. Do 25 crunches each (front and sides).
I did 50 to the front and 25 each side this morning. I am trying to get motivated to do some tonight.

Date................. Weight.........Loss........Body Fat
5/3 .................... 252.5 .........Start…….....45
5/7..................... 252.0 ..........-.5……........45
5/9..................... 251.5 ..........-1.................45

Day Twelve, May 9, 2003

Although I was hungry, I did well today. I resisted muffins at my daughters preschool. I know if I eat in the am, I will never make it all day.

4 liters today. I have started drinking some that is decaffeinated.

Excellent. I walked three miles. Would have did more, but DH wanted to get home to watch Law & Order. Then he had the wrong time, I could have walked. He is being sooo supportive. He even walked the last mile with me.

4. Take the steps at work.
Perfect!

Today’s focus was we have to believe that God is there for us. References John 20:26.

6. Post in my online journal.
Great

7. Take my vitamins.
Without a reminder.

50 front and then 25 each side.

Date................. Weight.........Loss........Body Fat
5/3 .................... 252.5 .........Start…….....45
5/7..................... 252.0 ..........-.5……........45
5/9..................... 251.5 ..........-1.................45
5/10................... 251.0 ..........-1.5..............44

I am so happy that I am starting to see results. I am definitely feeling the results. Not by size, but energy and attitude. I think we are going to get a membership to the Y. DH wants to get in better shape. Although he is not overweight, his abs need so toning and he would like to build up his upper body. I just think he is motivated by my efforts.

We are all about family. We do almost everything together so I am glad we will begin to exercise together.

Saying my prayers this am. Last weekend was not very good. I will hopefully going to do better this weekend.

I have to work some so maybe that will help.

Rough Rough weekend. Stayed at mom's. Did not follow eating plan at all. Fuild intake was low and minimal exercise. Sister and I walked maybe a 1 - 1 1/2 miles on Sunday at a slower pace than I normally do. Did not read devotions, left them book at home. No crunches. Getting back on track in a challange today, but I am trying. Couldn't walk this am early morning meeting plus raining and freezing outside. Hopefully I will beable to walk later today.

I need pixie dust and prayers.

Day Sixteen, May 13, 2003

I have modified my goals. I have increased my walking goal from 2 miles to 3 miles. I have been consistent with 3. I decided that I could eliminate writing in my journal. That has been good. I am also going to eliminate taking the steps at work. I believe that I have mastered that. Two weeks and no relapse. I also want to try and have no more than five goals.

Still struggling with this. It has been so hard. I get so hungry. I am going to talk with the Dr. about this. Once in awhile if I am really busy and distracted then I can accomplish this goal.

4 ½ liters. I think I am going to cut my crystal light in half so that I am close to drinking water.

3. Walk 3 miles (5 days a week).
This was excellent. I actually walked 5 ½ miles. I am feeling it today.

4. Read my dieters journal.
I read my journal and covered the days that I missed over the weekend.

5. Take my vitamins.
I talked with one for my staff. He is extremely knowledgeable about vitamins and supplements. He told me to be careful about what brand I take. Many of them really don’t contain what they say they contain and have a lot of fillers. He is going to talk with me next Monday about what I should take.

Date................. Weight.........Loss…......Body Fat
5/3 .................... 252.5 ............….……........….45
5/7..................... 252.0 .......…-.5……..............45
5/9..................... 251.5 ..........-1...................45
5/10................... 251.0 ..........-1.5................44
5/13................... 248.5 ..........-4….................48
:bounce::Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Day Sixteen, May 14, 2003

A little better today although I didn’t quite make it to only twice. I had a couple nutty butter cookies.

4 ½ liters. I was successful at cut my crystal light in half so that I am close to drinking water. I still drank the same amount.

I had an early morning meeting so I had to walk this evening. Due to late night at the office, I could not walk at the track so I ….. Walked in my office. Based on the CD I was listening to and my pace, I believe I walked about 3 ½ miles. I also walked a mile earlier today (1/2 mile to and from a meeting I had). I can’t believe I actually walked. After I did, I though it takes me as long to drive. I feel good.

4. Read my dieters journal.
The journal focused on the fact that God is bigger than any craving my mind and stomach can come up with. I know that this is true. I am happy because I found the journal I had lost (the exact same one). I will be able to keep one at home and one at the office. I don’t write in it, I just read the verse, the short story and thought for the day. I also found my Food for Thought – daily meditations for overeater. I am going to also read this. I need as much encouragement and motivation as I can get. See what happens when you clean you office drawers.

5. Take my vitamins.
Yep!

5/3 ....................... 252.5 ...................….……….45
5/7........................ 252.0 .......…-.5….....…........45
5/9........................ 251.5 ..........-1..................45
5/10...................... 251.0 ..........-1.5...............44
5/13...................... 248.5 ..........-4…...............48

Day Seventeen, May 15, 2003

Not too bad. I noticed that I can not sit down and only eat the two times. When I did eat in between, it was just a taste of something.

4 liters today. I continue to cut the crystal light in half. I know the importance of water – maybe a later goal.

Excellent. I walked four miles. I am feeling soooo good about my walking.

Today’s focus was about how God is there to support us when we are too weak to continue.

7. Take my vitamins.
Without a reminder.

I am getting ready to do them soon.

5/13...................... 247.0 ..........-5.5...............44

I am so happy that I got my clippie!!!!!! Doesn't it look good on me.:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

Day Eighteen, May 16, 2003

Pretty good today except for a handful of chips.

4 ½ liters today. I am getting a little used to the water with a tint of tea flavor.

Off the hook!!! I think that I was possessed. Actually I made a really big mistake and was so upset. (Nothing to do with healthy eating). I left the office, and went to walk. Ended up doing 5 miles in 74 minutes. The first two miles in 24 minutes. Hopefully I will be able to walk tomorrow.

5. Read my dieters devotional journal.
Today’s focus was about how we have to confess our wrong doings and that the support of friends will help to keep you accountable as well as motivated. This is so true. I know that it is the support of this board that has helped to increase my motivation.

7. Take my vitamins.
Was going to take them when I went back to the office after walking, but looked myself out. I have to wait until the am when someone else is there.

100 front crunches. I think that I will do so sides ones shortly.

I am sooo motivated for my walking. I really feel driven. It has been wonderful. I can’t believe how much better I feel. I can feel a difference already. I am going to get a tape measure and have DH measure me. I can’t wait for the marathon.

5/16...................... 247.0 ..........-5.5...............43

I really do believe that my body fat is decreasing.

Day Twenty-five, May 22, 2003

Good except for a couple graham crackers. Much better than the last three days.
2:00 Broccoli salad (the package kind), with cheddar cheese, crotons and fat free dressing.
7:00 Green beans with tomatoes sauce and mozzarella cheese.
9:00 Two chocolate graham crackers.

I would like to switch to a low carb plan during my two caloric intakes. I have to learn more.

This is good again. 4 liters today. Dr said Crystal light is fine. I still cut it in half.

I feel great!!! I did four miles. It was really hard. After not walking for three days. I was a little slower than normal, but I still did it. I noticed that when I walk in the am, my whole day goes better.

4. Read my devotions for dieters journal.
Finally after skipping a few day. Doing my readings and praying make a big difference for me.

5. Take my vitamins.
Yep! I started a new supplement today. CLA (conjugated linoleic acid) one tablet with each meal.

6. Do 25 crunches.
I am planning on doing them as soon as I get changed. I am going to increase this to 100 front, 25 side.

5/3 .................... 252.5 ............….…….........….45
5/7..................... 252.0 .......…-.5……..............45
5/9..................... 251.5 ..........-1....................45
5/10................... 251.0 ..........-1.5.................44
5/13................... 248.5 ..........-4….................48
5/16................... 247.0 ..........-5.5…..............43

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter