Kathy's journal (Comments welcome)

KathyFP

<font color=green>You mean there is more to the so
Today, I have recommitted (we won't count how many times) to eating right and exercising. I keep saying tomorrow, tomorrow, well tomorrow it will be.

I have asked my husband to drop me off and I am going to walk, while he takes my daughter to preschool and then pick me up on his way back. He will then drop me off at work. ( I can take a shower and get dressed there).

Wish me luck:Pinkbounc

I am soooo frustrated!!!!:mad:

I had a plan about walking and my husband forgot my walkman. I was already upset because he was yelling at my daughter this am (I do not believe in yelling at children - a whole different topic).

I guess I could have walked with out the walkman, but knowing myself, I would have just got more frustrated playing out the morning over and over again in my head.

I am so edgy today. It is seems like it is just sabatoge to my starting to exercise and eat right. I am such a stress eater. I want to eat right now. Hopefully journaling will help take the compulsion to eat away.

I know three post in one day, but I have to keep focused or else I will not be successful.

It is 6:20 pm.

So good so far. Had a salad for lunch and have drank 4 liters of crystal light ice tea. I think I may have to switch to decaf (yuck no rsasberry or peach). Maybe I will do a combination.

I have been obsessing today about food. I guess that is normal at the beginning again.

I am going to try and walk after work today.

Wish me luck!:bounce: :Pinkbounc

Well, I am home. Did not get to walk after work. Too dark and not safe.

I do feel good about today. I drank 5 liters of Crystal Light and only ate once. I am starting to get hungry. I knew I should have ate earlier, but I did not have time.

What do I do????

Eat now right before bed or wait until the morning and I will be starving.

I will weigh myself in the am so that I have a baseline to begin with.

April 29 Day Two

I can't believe that I made it to the second day.

I did walk five laps before work this mornng. I have to find out the distance.

Hopefully today will be as successful:jester:

I am soooo excited :Pinkbounc

I just got off the phone with the Parks and Recreation Department. I walked 2 1/2 miles today!!:bounce:

I really didn't think it was that far. I walked it in 45 minutes. Not bad for the first time.

Day Three April 30, 2003

I hate my scales. They said I gained five pounds since yesterday :confused:

Well, I know I didn't. I feel really good this morning. Two successful days and on my way to the third.

I woke up late, so I am going to have to walk later in the day, but I know that I will.

My DH is so supportive, he will make sure I get there.

I have decided that the best way to journal will be list my goals and the daily progress. The following are my goals for the next month (April 28 – May 27).

1. Take in calories twice a day. (This is prescribed by my Dr.)
2. Drink 3 liters of water/crystal light.
3. Walk 2 miles (5 days a week).
4. Take the steps at work.
5. Read my dieters journal.
6. Post in my online journal.

Each day I will post my progress on my goals. Weekly, I will post my weight loss.

Just read your journal. WOW! Love those goals!!!! You can do it! I was so happy to read that you had walked 2 1/2 miles!!! That is awesome! 45 minutes is a GREAT time to cover that distance.

Keep up the great work! :)

Day 3 April 30, 2002

Yes. Had part of a BLT salad from Wendy's, spaghetti

3 1/2 liters

2 1/2 miles in 45 minutes. DH accompanied me:bounce:

Only at work for a few hours. Two time up and down the stairs (only one floor, but about 30 steps)

Focused on Job' patience. It really rings true. I am impatient when it comes to myself. Prayer today for the patience of Job so that I am perserve through this challanging journey.

here I am.

Three days down looking forward to tomorrow.

:Pinkbounc

Day Four

I was not perfect with this today. I had a hand full of fritos. Good Thing, I didn't give up when I relapsed. I stopped and then regained my focus.

5 1/2 liters today.

No walking today. I was at the office from 8:30 am until 11:00 pm. Too late, too dark, too tired I am thinking about adding crunches every other day. Not sure yet. I don't want to over committ and be unsuccessful.

Perfect. I think I am going to start counting how many times a day.

Excellent. It was a great today. The focus was believing in yourself and that Gid believes in you. It emphasied the importance of faith and turning to God when you start doubting yourself.

I have been great about this. Posting on the boards in excellent for my focus.

Day Four

Good today. I had a salad at 1:30. Now I am eating another salad with chicken breast.

6 liters

Better. I was so excited I walked 3 miles today. I walked at a little quicker pace. I have to check how long (I go according to the number of songs on the CD and add up the time). I felt great. It was a beautiful peaceful morning, listening to my worship together cd. Unbelievable the serenity I felt.

Absolutely. I counted, depending which set of steps there are 23-26 steps. I think today I was up and down them about 6 times.

Always keeps me feeling good. Today's thought for the day was that "my diet today may have been God's best idea all day."

Here I am again.

Today I bought a Tanita scale. I will strat checking weight and body fat with it tomorrow am. I also bought my vitamins. I know that I have to take them, but haven't been very good at it.

I am really feeling good today. I am feeling successful
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I am starting to get myself in the right mind set. I woke up this morning and weighed myself on my new scales. Terrible terrible. They weigh 12 pounds more than my old scales and the body fat is terrible. Embarrassing!!

Oh well! I guess I will start tracking my weight and body fat from today. I actually stated on Monday eating right, so I know that I have lost something, but I can't use two different scales. I will bite the bullet and start from here. At least I will be able to get my custom challenge clippie from Alex in a few days.

Here is goes (eyes closing)

Date................. Weight.................Body Fat
5/3 .................... 252.5 ..................45

Yestrday didn't go as well as I had hoped. I know that the biggest issues was not planning. This is my first weekend and I wasn't at wrok. My routine was really thrown off.

No too good. I had a boccoli salad with chicken. Then I was tempted and ate some teriyaki chicken. Then at night I ate some chips. (My DH eats chips every night and it is sooo tempting)

3 liters

I had thought of several different times to walk about then it seems as though my timing was off and I really didn't have time to walk.
9:15 Dropped DD off at a friends to take her to Fiddlesticks (kids symphony)
10:00 - 12:00 Classes at the church
1:00 - 3:00 Birthday party
4:00 - 5:00 Shopped for FIL presebt
6:00 - 7:30 church
8:00 home. Too late to walk

I think I am going to have to plan for a walking alternative that I can do in the home.

No work today.

It talked about that faith has to be in Christ not any diet.

I posted my weight and body fat.

Hopefully I will have a more successful day.

I did this today. It was a struggle and I am hungry, but I did it:p

3 1/2 liters

3 miles in 50 - 55 mminutes.

Perfect

5. Read my dieters devotions.
Focused on the importance of faith. I really do have to have faith in God that he will help me through this. The thought for the day "I don't have to face my diet by myself"

Here I am.

I was really having a blue day. Walking helped to perk me up. Listening to my Worship together CD also helps. I am thinking about adding crunches to my goals.

Date................. Weight.................Body Fat
5/3 .................... 252.5 ..................45
5/7..................... 252.0 ..................45

Day Nine, May 6, 2003

I did really well today. I have such an easier time when I am working. I am always so busy; I don’t have time to eat. One regular salad and one broccoli with chicken breat.

5 ½ liters. This is never a problem.

3 miles in about 50 minutes. It is definitely getting easier. My legs didn’t hurt today at all. I walk was great. I really enjoy my walking time. I forgot to mention earlier DH bought me new tennis shoes.

Perfect. I forgot to count how many times.

I have been reading it in the mornings before going to work. Today focused on how preserving through challenges just makes you stronger. That is so true for me. If I can eat healthy and exercise on a consistent basis, there isn’t anything I can’t do.

Here I am.

7. Take my vitamins.
I really hate taking pills, but I know that I need my vitamins, especially now that I have decreased caloric intake and increased exercise. I am taking Weight Smart one a day and L-Carnitine 500 mg once a day. It has been three days. I am not sure if it is helping, but I know it is not hurting.

Kathy, that is awesome! Just read your last journal entry and it sounds so positive! You are doing GREAT and you are really holding yourself accountable! I hope you are feeling proud. Glad to hear the walking is enjoyable and that you are finding it easier. I love walking!!!

Keep up the great job! YOU ARE DOING IT!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Day Ten, May 7, 2003

This has been OK today. I ate twice, but I am hungry. I don’t know if I can ward these urges off. I am really craving something sweet.

I am at 4 liters thus far.

I did 3 miles this am in 50 minutes. This is going well thus far.

Perfect!

Today focused on

This is so helpful.

7. Take my vitamins.
I almost forgot until I started to post. I just took them. Lucky for this journal.

Except for this craving this moment, I have had a good day. I am feeling pretty good today. Even if I do give in to this craving, I will eat something small and low in calories. I am thinking about doing crunches tonight.

I did it!!!! I started my crunches today. 25 front and 25 to each side. I will now set that as a goal for me.

I am also pleased. I weighed tonight and of course weight is higher than am (1/2) pound, but body fat was down (3%). I am going to have to research this body fat issue. The book said you should get weighed at least three hours after waking up. Some explained that body fat is more accurately measured when you are hydrated. I might weigh in morning for pounds and night for body fat. OK I am a little obsessive. I just need to see some progress to keep motivated.

Good for you on starting the abs :) They are hard to do at first, and I was sore, but you can do it!!! I am proud of you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter