Kali River Rapids...will we really get soaked?

They removed the center stowage area all together? I didn't know... I think too many ppl may have put their cell phones in there with less than desirable outcomes.

The last time i went on pre-cold weather refurb the center had no cover. Ill see if i can get out there soon to check what it is now.

I didnt get soaked but my rear end was soaked. The people across me got drenched with a water wave coming right up from behind them and down their back.

The last time i went on pre-cold weather refurb the center had no cover. Ill see if i can get out there soon to check what it is now.
I asked the CM member why they removed the center piece where you were able to put your stuff and in they he said it was taking too long to load and off load people off the ride..

If you go backwards down the big drop, you will be the ones getting soaked. Usually 2-3 people. The ones across from you just end up damp typically.

We got soaked but that made it even more fun. I still have my Mickey beach towel we purchased to dry off with. Luckily, we rode it last at the end of the day so we could go back to the hotel and dry off before dinner.
photo.php

I have a theory. It could be wrong but the heavier side of the raft will get wet. When we go as multi family trips if it is generally every other for kid and adult it is random. But if three adults sit on one side then in the "drink" we go. Splash mountain last year was the wettest I have ever been on any ride. We were so soaked the cast member gave us a free photo. ie I fell in the ocean.

I think the 4 or 5 times I can only recall twice being soaked...I recall right around where it has the big dip I pointed my finger at the people who was going down backwards knowing they would get drenched..then the the raft suddenly roated 90deg...yeah..shame on me!!.

That's the best way to know you'll get soaked, to predict that someone else will get soaked. ;)

Works on Grizzly, too.

We are riding it with an early evening Fastpass and then going to Sanaa for dinner...but I can't imagine enjoying dinner if we are all soggy.

Bring different clothes (down to understand and socks), flipflops to ride in, and a microfiber towel for hair.

I didnt get soaked but my rear end was soaked. The people across me got drenched with a water wave coming right up from behind them and down their back.

Classic.

I asked the CM member why they removed the center piece where you were able to put your stuff and in they he said it was taking too long to load and off load people off the ride..

Makes sense. I imagine there was a contingent of people who would forget items as well.

I wear a poncho on Kali and grizzly so I don't have to change bra and shirt. I know the rest of me is likely to get soaked though. Just don't want the wet tshirt look.

You have to know how to use the poncho....tuck, tuck, tuck, it around and under you. Be sure you sit on it because the seat is often wet. Even the cheapest dollar store one is useful if you know how to employ it. Flip flops...lightweight enough to carry in your purse or backpack. Don't wear flip flops all day in the park...ouch! Just have really cheap light weight ones for kali. About drying off, sure it's hot, but it's often also humid...not much drying off in that type of weather.

As to who gets wet: A few years ago when the park was empty we stayed on and rode kali three times in a row. We didn't move seats. Totally random who got wet and who didn't each ride. No way to predict unless you have ALL the factors including the wake made by the boats ahead of you, etc., etc.

Have fun! (also put your cell phone in a small ziplock bag and tuck your purse under your poncho).

Have you never been on one of these raft rides at a theme park? (Six Flags, Cedar Fair, etc.)

Usually one half the boat gets soaked .. and the other half stays relatively dry. It just depends how the boat spins.

If YOU don't want to get wet .. that means you probably will be the one that gets soaked. If anything your rear and your feet will probably get wet no matter wet. Sometimes just HALF your body gets a splash and gets wet.

Long story short ... prepare to get wet.

We just came back yesterday and I guarantee that you will get soaked 100%. It doesn't help to lift you feet up. I refused to ride it but my kids did and they were soaked from top to bottom (shoes/socks!)

My sister and I still laugh about how drenched we got when we rode this a few months ago. I'm pretty sure the water went completely over our heads, leaving us soaked for several hours.
We had a full raft and only one person didn't get drenched, but still got wet.
It was fun and we made great memories, but if you don't want to get wet I would definitely recommend wearing a poncho.

My luck on this ride has always been getting soaked,lol.. doesn't matter where I sit, the water will find me!! I plan on a poncho and flip flops this next go around! :thumbsup2

I have never gotten off this ride, and not looked like I just fell in a pool with my clothes on. I get SOAKED every single time!

Rode it Saturday and I made it through nearly dry as a bone. I wanted to get wet. Left everything behind. My son was wearing a poncho, I was not.

I had a FP+, but am I the only one who thought the ride was super short. I would have been very disapointed if I had waited in a line for that.

Well, we did go on the ride and only got pretty wet...but not soaked. Our raft wasn't full and we were heading towards the small drop backwards and I figured that was it, we were soaked...and then the raft shifted slightly and the people across from us were the ones who went down backwards and got completely soaked...and they were not at all happy. My family was wet and definitely had a good time on the ride!

We were wearing ponchos and my husband and daughter still got soaked and were miserable after. We won't ever be going on it again. Assume you'll get very wet no matter what and if that's ok, go for it. If not, skip it. It's not much fun anyway. L sat favorite ride ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter