JW Marriott

HM

My tag from the Tag Fairy is now too long to use.
Have you stayed at the JW Marriott? Can you give any advice about the pool, food, what rooms might be good, etc?

We stayed at Marriott Lakeshore Reserve which part of the JW complex. The pool at the JW was really nice! We ate at the restaurant on the lower level, I forget the name, but it was good. We also ate at the restaurant over at the Ritz-Carlton, which was also good. Can't say much about the rooms, but it's a beautiful property, feels secluded and the pool is really nice.

Our stay starts on Thursday night. Anyone else with experience?

My sister and I stayed at the JW last year. Wonderful experience. It is a beautiful hotel with an attentive staff. We had no issues with the hotel or getting to the parks. The pool area is very nice. I would definitely stay there again.

The Grande Lakes is a gorgeous property. Self Parking is easy and convenient. The Pool at the JW with the lazy river is very nice. Restaurants are OK in the JW. The breakfast buffet is good so if you get on a package with B'fast that can be a good deal. On average it takes 20 minutes from the resort to Disney. The route is fast and easy. You are also very close to Sand Lake road restaurants, The Mall, Outlet stores etc.
As far as rooms at the JW for us it's been a bit of hit and miss. The end suites are nicer than the Ritz standard rooms but can have elevator noise. As far as Lake View Vs Lake front book the less costly. The only difference is how high you are as all rooms face the Lake except the end suites. There also doesn't seem to be a succinct break off in room category so at peak times (read over booked) you can end up paying for a higher category and be on a lower floor.
I always suggest at least considering the Ritz as well. Parking is the same set up with both Valet and self parking available. Even the lowest category rooms at the Ritz are very nice. The room cost between the two hotels can be very close if you watch the specials.
Norman's in the Ritz is one of the better restaurants in Orlando and priced accordingly. I'd have to toss a coin to decide if I'd rather eat at Normans or Bull & Bear @ the Waldorf.
The Lobby bar/restaurant with Sushi at the JW is OK. Prices are a bit steep, portions small and service spotty. The only complaint we had about the JW was the Marriott club hawkers, which can be annoying.
In the Shops section of the JW heading towards the conference center you will find a Starbucks and a sandwich shop. Both are awesome. How good? We return on average every six months and they remember our names and what we drink!
There is a Fedex shipping office as well. I could go on but suffice it to say we feel this complex is the single best Disney value resort when looking for a deluxe hotel.

The Grande Lakes is a gorgeous property. Self Parking is easy and convenient. The Pool at the JW with the lazy river is very nice. Restaurants are OK in the JW. The breakfast buffet is good so if you get on a package with B'fast that can be a good deal. On average it takes 20 minutes from the resort to Disney. The route is fast and easy. You are also very close to Sand Lake road restaurants, The Mall, Outlet stores etc.
As far as rooms at the JW for us it's been a bit of hit and miss. The end suites are nicer than the Ritz standard rooms but can have elevator noise. As far as Lake View Vs Lake front book the less costly. The only difference is how high you are as all rooms face the Lake except the end suites. There also doesn't seem to be a succinct break off in room category so at peak times (read over booked) you can end up paying for a higher category and be on a lower floor.
I always suggest at least considering the Ritz as well. Parking is the same set up with both Valet and self parking available. Even the lowest category rooms at the Ritz are very nice. The room cost between the two hotels can be very close if you watch the specials.
Norman's in the Ritz is one of the better restaurants in Orlando and priced accordingly. I'd have to toss a coin to decide if I'd rather eat at Normans or Bull & Bear @ the Waldorf.
The Lobby bar/restaurant with Sushi at the JW is OK. Prices are a bit steep, portions small and service spotty. The only complaint we had about the JW was the Marriott club hawkers, which can be annoying.
In the Shops section of the JW heading towards the conference center you will find a Starbucks and a sandwich shop. Both are awesome. How good? We return on average every six months and they remember our names and what we drink!
There is a Fedex shipping office as well. I could go on but suffice it to say we feel this complex is the single best Disney value resort when looking for a deluxe hotel.
Ditto - you just saved me a bunch of typing. We have DVC - but as we tend to go on short notice sometimes we are missing a night or two of DVC availability. We love to stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter