JW Marriott Bonnet Creek or Grande Lakes?

catiesmom

Earning My Ears
Anyone have a preference?? We're going for spring break with 3 kids (13, 11, 10) and will mostly hang at the resort. Probably won't do parks. Which has a better pool and kid activities? And easy access to other restaurants and things to do? I think I'm leaning towards Bonnet Creek but would love to hear any other thoughts? Thanks!

I've stayed at both and would choose Bonnet Creek. It's very close to Disney Springs. You can see the park fireworks from certain rooms. The pool is a lazy river at both hotels. Bonnet Creek is next to the Waldorf Astoria (it has a common walkway ) which has the Bull and Bear Restaurant (expensive but worth it). Grande Lakes is attached to the Ritz Carlton. You can use the pool there also. I felt Grande Lakes was remote from other things.

I've stayed at both and would choose Bonnet Creek. It's very close to Disney Springs. You can see the park fireworks from certain rooms. The pool is a lazy river at both hotels. Bonnet Creek is next to the Waldorf Astoria (it has a common walkway ) which has the Bull and Bear Restaurant (expensive but worth it). Grande Lakes is attached to the Ritz Carlton. You can use the pool there also. I felt Grande Lakes was remote from other things.
The Hilton is connected to the Waldorf, the JW is further down the road. I would still pick the Bonnet Creek location, as it's BRAND NEW and gorgeous on the inside.

The Hilton is connected to the Waldorf, the JW is further down the road. I would still pick the Bonnet Creek location, as it's BRAND NEW and gorgeous on the inside.
My apologies, you are right and I stayed at the Hilton not the JW there. I would still choose Bonnet Creek for the location

I stayed at JW Bonnet Creek in May 21, I do not remember a lazy river there. We actually found the pool area there to be quite small and the hotel itself while brand new and quite luxurious, has more of a "business" feel. Thats not to say that we did not see children there of course! They did have kid zones and play areas (outside of the pool area) but we did not see many kids using them,(I think they were pay to play) and of course it is close to Springs. Grande Lakes is much more family friendly imho. There is a huge long lazy river, large pool area, all kinds of activities ...golf, tennis, sand volleyball, kayaking, kids activities, wonderful seasonal activities ..(in the past for holiday weekends they have done fireworks shows for example).
The vibe at each is very different...Bonnet Creek has *almost* a Miami-ish feel to it as it is very sleek and modern with lots of concrete, we also heard alot of road noise from I4 since that was what our room overlooked and I believe we were on the 14..? floor, so there I would request a pool view.
Grande Lakes has a more laid back "vacation-y" vibe to it..its tucked away among lush landscaping and really its only about 15 mins to springs from there. Good luck deciding both have great qualities just depends on what you're looking for!

I stayed at JW Bonnet Creek in May 21, I do not remember a lazy river there. We actually found the pool area there to be quite small and the hotel itself while brand new and quite luxurious, has more of a "business" feel. Thats not to say that we did not see children there of course! They did have kid zones and play areas (outside of the pool area) but we did not see many kids using them,(I think they were pay to play) and of course it is close to Springs. Grande Lakes is much more family friendly imho. There is a huge long lazy river, large pool area, all kinds of activities ...golf, tennis, sand volleyball, kayaking, kids activities, wonderful seasonal activities ..(in the past for holiday weekends they have done fireworks shows for example).
The vibe at each is very different...Bonnet Creek has *almost* a Miami-ish feel to it as it is very sleek and modern with lots of concrete, we also heard alot of road noise from I4 since that was what our room overlooked and I believe we were on the 14..? floor, so there I would request a pool view.
Grande Lakes has a more laid back "vacation-y" vibe to it..its tucked away among lush landscaping and really its only about 15 mins to springs from there. Good luck deciding both have great qualities just depends on what you're looking for!
Ok, I think we've decided to stay at Grande Lakes! Thanks for your review - very helpful :)

I was at the JW Marriott Bonnet Creek in November. We were there for a week, and it was perfect for my mother and me. Our room was super quiet and immaculate. If I were a child, I would have been bored to shreds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter