Just watched the first episode of "The Mysterious Benedict Society". - its REALLY good !!

I'm relieved to have found this topic. I thought I was the only one! I'm 63 and this show has been my little secret! Love it!

Another one you might like if you are enjoying this si Secret of Sulpher Springs. It's not quite up to the level of Benedict since it is closet to a Disney Channel budget, but it has a similar vibe as a good, kid-led mystery. All episodes are on Disney+ now and there will be a season 2, so you might check it out.

Another one you might like if you are enjoying this si Secret of Sulpher Springs. It's not quite up to the level of Benedict since it is closet to a Disney Channel budget, but it has a similar vibe as a good, kid-led mystery. All episodes are on Disney+ now and there will be a season 2, so you might check it out.
Yes I've seen it and loved it. Also exciting was Locke and Key. Not sure if that was Disney. I've always loved youth mystery stories. Tuck Everlasting is another great story. My first detective story I can remember was Emil and the Detectives. We watched it at a school summer camp on a movie screen😁. Its here on D+

Yes I've seen it and loved it. Also exciting was Locke and Key. Not sure if that was Disney. I've always loved youth mystery stories. Tuck Everlasting is another great story. My first detective story I can remember was Emil and the Detectives. We watched it at a school summer camp on a movie screen😁. Its here on D+

Yeah, I've been wanting to watch Locke & Key - that one is Netflix but is based on a comic book. I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

So, the final episode is up tomorrow - I don't want it to end! Episode 7 was again brilliant, and I just love the characters and the strange world they have created. I hope there will be more, but I worry because I don't hear much buzz about the show. It deserves it!

Last edited:
So, the final episode is up tomorrow - I dont' want it to end! Episode 7 was again brilliant, and I just love the characters and the strange world they have created. I hope there will be more, but I worry because I don't hear much buzz about the show. It deserves it!

Same !! Its been soooo good !! Constance is my idol ! So deadpan --- love her !!!

Same !! Its been soooo good !! Constance is my idol ! So deadpan --- love her !!!

Oh, she's the best! Sometimes the other kids just look at her like what the...? The show is absolutely delightful in so many ways - they do the kinds of things I just wouldn't think of. Clever, you know?

Last edited:

I started this yesterday and watched 3 episodes! It’s well done. Good cast. I like Tony Hale. His performance of Mr Benedict reminded me of Gene Wilder.

Just finished episode 8. Wow! Love this show and sincerely hope for a Season 2.

I am almost certain they will make another--- I believe there are (3) more books--- have to admit, did do some googling about
the ending---

POSSIBLE SPOILER BELOW: (my apologies--- spoiler button never seems to work for me !!)

When Mr. Benedict was asked at the end what he planned on doing, he replied "I am going to keep searching" --
What is he still searching for? He had already found his brother --- is he still searching for the plant to cure his narcolepsy- ?
In the books, it says that Constance had cured it --

Really loved this series !!! So well done !!!

I just watched it - it was incredible! @tinkerhorn, you can do spoilers manually using the tag "ISPOILER" in brackets and end with "/ISPOILER" - this creates the blurry text as shown below:

I could never have predicted how this would go, but when I realized that they would defeat the Whisperer by hooking it up to Constance's demented little brain - I just loved it! It just couldn't handle her! "Let's pour the acid on his feet and hobble him." Gold. She's pure gold!

I think he means he would continue searching for his brtoehr who did get away - and apparantly has big plans.

They need to make more of this. The show was nothing but quality - clever, unique, and amazing. It's the best original show on Disney+ and one of the best things I haved watched in a while, Everyone needs to check this one out!

I enjoyed watching this, too! I am curious why Sticky still had highwaters when he finally got new, tailored clothes. That kind of bugged me, but the story was great!

I just watched it - it was incredible! @tinkerhorn, you can do spoilers manually using the tag "ISPOILER" in brackets and end with "/ISPOILER" - this creates the blurry text as shown below:

I could never have predicted how this would go, but when I realized that they would defeat the Whisperer by hooking it up to Constance's demented little brain - I just loved it! It just couldn't handle her! "Let's pour the acid on his feet and hobble him." Gold. She's pure gold!

I think he means he would continue searching for his brtoehr who did get away - and apparantly has big plans.

They need to make more of this. The show was nothing but quality - clever, unique, and amazing. It's the best original show on Disney+ and one of the best things I haved watched in a while, Everyone needs to check this one out!

Thanks so much !!! Totally agree !!! It was amazing---- not cheesy--- great storyline. It had it all !! Read a lot about the books online - lot of differences, (just for example-- in the books, Constance is only three) but it explained so much- these episodes were based on the first book, so there are three more to go. So hoping that they make more !!!

Thanks so much !!! Totally agree !!! It was amazing---- not cheesy--- great storyline. It had it all !! Read a lot about the books online - lot of differences, (just for example-- in the books, Constance is only three) but it explained so much- these episodes were based on the first book, so there are three more to go. So hoping that they make more !!!

I really do hope they do more. They should start now! I keep trying to tell all of my friends how good it is, but I don't think they are interested. I guess they just don't like things that are delightful!

The writers and producers of Loki should watch this for an example of how to present a final conflict with the villain that is resolved through mostly talking. They say Loki was not action-oriented and more of a drama, but that's no excuse for coming across as dull. The Mysterious Benedict Society shows how to do that right!"

We finally watched episode 8 and agree with what everyone said here. I did buy the books but was waiting until now to start. Got a boxed set of 5 or it might have been 6 on Amazon.

I started reading the books and they are really good. I was surprised by how much was changed on the Disney + series.

We only started streaming this year, I can say I found this show more compelling than any other I watched. So unique, such charming child actors. I may read the books, I'm not sure. I dont want them to "spoil" the show. I really hope there will be a season 2.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter