Just watched Tangled, Blu-Ray--Amazing!

dpic

DIS Veteran
To put it succinctly, Tangled is the best animated film not produced by Pixar in years. In fact, I'd put it as the best animated movie of any studio since The Incredibles (which I just received, btw). It stands out with an amazing story with excellent character development (Max, cracked me UP!). The music by the fabulous Alan Menken was excellent, too. Then, there's the animation--it just blew me away.

If you can possibly see it in blu-ray, do so. The detail, color, and clairty are THE best of any animated movie I've seen. I'd didn't see it in 3D--not a fan of that. But, I am a huge (!) fan of Tangled! Excellent work, Disney. Hopefully, with Lasseter at the helm, Disney animation is in for another "golden period."

Love Tangled, it was awesome in 3D Dan. The best part was the lantern scene, almost makes me want to buy one of those new fangled 3D TV's. :laughing:

To put it succinctly, Tangled is the best animated film not produced by Pixar in years. In fact, I'd put it as the best animated movie of any studio since The Incredibles (which I just received, btw). It stands out with an amazing story with excellent character development (Max, cracked me UP!). The music by the fabulous Alan Menken was excellent, too. Then, there's the animation--it just blew me away.

If you can possibly see it in blu-ray, do so. The detail, color, and clairty are THE best of any animated movie I've seen. I'd didn't see it in 3D--not a fan of that. But, I am a huge (!) fan of Tangled! Excellent work, Disney. Hopefully, with Lasseter at the helm, Disney animation is in for another "golden period."

I've watched it 4 times since I got it. And plan to watch it again tomorrow while I do the filing at work.

We watched it for the first time this week and I loved it. Especially Maximus. I have to say I was actually disappointed in the songs - I didn't think this was Alan Menken's finest - but I really enjoyed the movie.

Love Tangled, it was awesome in 3D Dan. The best part was the lantern scene, almost makes me want to buy one of those new fangled 3D TV's. :laughing:

yes, that lantern scene had me crying like a baby in the theater....it was just so beautiful!!!!
i knew it was coming.....the movie builds to it...but when i saw it, it was just beautiful beyond words...

that was in the movie theater 3D version...i wonder if it's as beautiful in the home version...

my "kids" (both married, ages 26 and 24) went to see it twice on their own (with their spouses) and then went a third time to take us to see it...

if there's anything you should make a point of seeing in a movie theater, it's a disney animated film....

Love Tangled, it was awesome in 3D Dan. The best part was the lantern scene, almost makes me want to buy one of those new fangled 3D TV's.
If it ever comes back in 3D, I'll go see it. I bet I'd love it even more.
We watched it for the first time this week and I loved it. Especially Maximus. I have to say I was actually disappointed in the songs - I didn't think this was Alan Menken's finest - but I really enjoyed the movie.
I didn't consider this one a musical like Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, so I'll cut him slack. I did love the music, though, and thought the tune in the "thug" bar was a hoot!

yes, that lantern scene had me crying like a baby in the theater....it was just so beautiful!!!!
i knew it was coming.....the movie builds to it...but when i saw it, it was just beautiful beyond words...

that was in the movie theater 3D version...i wonder if it's as beautiful in the home version...

my "kids" (both married, ages 26 and 24) went to see it twice on their own (with their spouses) and then went a third time to take us to see it...

if there's anything you should make a point of seeing in a movie theater, it's a disney animated film....

I went and saw Tangled twice in the theatre, I almost never do that, the last time I did was Enchanted which I went to see 3 times and then I think before that The Incredibles.

If it ever comes back in 3D, I'll go see it. I bet I'd love it even more.
I didn't consider this one a musical like Little Mermaid or Beauty and the Beast, so I'll cut him slack. I did love the music, though, and thought the tune in the "thug" bar was a hoot!

i didn't actually notice the music, i was so taken by the story and the look of the movie..
but when DD married last month, she and DSIL danced their big slow dance to the song played during the lantern scene....and it turns out i really love the music/song...i hadn't noticed it when i first saw the movie, but it makes that scene even better....she had the clip of the lantern scene played on the overhead screens where her wedding reception was....it played in the background while the two of them danced on the dance floor.....that's when i finally noticed how pretty the song is...

I went and saw Tangled twice in the theatre, I almost never do that, the last time I did was Enchanted which I went to see 3 times and then I think before that The Incredibles.

it's a hard rule in the family - every single disney/pixar animated movie must be seen at least once in the movie theater (and that includes enchanted)....
it's just so embarrassing when i cry though (like during toy story 3 and Up)....i hate crying in movie theaters and i always forget to bring kleenex....you'd think i'd learn by now..

We saw it theatres and we purchased Tangled the day it came out and my dd has watched it almost every day since!:scared1:

I just loved it too, I cry at the end when Flynn cuts her hair!! Best movie ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed it when it came out, but I'll have to grab it. It looked good on the trailers -I just never got there and it wasn't making much "noise."

I agree almost. I think Tangled was very well done. Very very good. But. I liked Princess and the Frog more. I thought there were more good songs and the colors used in this movie were just incredible. It was different yet just so good. Just my two cents.

i didn't actually notice the music, i was so taken by the story and the look of the movie..
but when DD married last month, she and DSIL danced their big slow dance to the song played during the lantern scene....and it turns out i really love the music/song...i hadn't noticed it when i first saw the movie, but it makes that scene even better....she had the clip of the lantern scene played on the overhead screens where her wedding reception was....it played in the background while the two of them danced on the dance floor.....that's when i finally noticed how pretty the song is...

it's a hard rule in the family - every single disney/pixar animated movie must be seen at least once in the movie theater (and that includes enchanted)....
it's just so embarrassing when i cry though (like during toy story 3 and Up)....i hate crying in movie theaters and i always forget to bring kleenex....you'd think i'd learn by now..

I just saw TS3 and I couldn't believe how much I cried at the end. I'm talking eyes swollen, my goldfish died and dog ran away on the same day crying. I think that is in large part due to the fact that my DS who is now 16, loved Toy Story so much as a little boy and has all of those toys boxed up now himself.

I agree almost. I think Tangled was very well done. Very very good. But. I liked Princess and the Frog more. I thought there were more good songs and the colors used in this movie were just incredible. It was different yet just so good. Just my two cents.

I just saw Tangled-thought it was great. Maximus is hillarious. I have to agree with KCmike though. I think that it has to be my very favorite non-Pixar Disney movie as of late. The story is just beautiful and the songs are so fun.

I'm a big fan of Tangled and I've seen it four times so far. I just keep coming across more people who haven't watched it yet, so I take it upon myself to show them. ;)

I really love the first song, "When Will My Life Begin." Mandy Moore has a gorgeous voice and the animation is perfect!

My niece just turned 3 and she just watches Tangled mesmerized. She loves Cinderella and Little Mermaid too, but she will play and do other things while they are on, but when you put Tangled in she just sits and watches.

Love tangled!! however, i think the songs were quite good....i love when will my life begin as well as the "lantern song" i think they are very memorable. i have to put tangled up there story line wise with beauty and the beast as best disney animated flick......room for debate, but i just love it!

AMAZING. (Yes, it's caps lock worthy.)

The last Disney movie I saw before this was Princess & the Frog, and so far Disney is two for two on great animated movies. Makes me sooo happy! And Maximus totally stole the show.

LOVE TANGLED!!!! Watched it 4 times since we got the DVD! Probably will watch it again tomorrow when DD6 comes home at noon. I LOVE "I SEE THE LIGHT!!!" Who knew "Chuck" could sing????!!!! Listening to that song right now!! BEAUTIFUL!!!

oh my god... last week we watched tangled with my brother in law's family...
we were ready to shoot them...

they kept talking and then couldn't follow the story so kept asking questions because they couldn't understand what was going on (because they wouldn't shut up).

i'm talking about people who are all over 20 years old.....not little kids..

ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

and then, during the lantern scene, one of them says, "cornball"...

and then again at the end...

thank god i didn't have a gun with me!!! :eek:

although about halfway through i turned in frustration and said "geez, you guys need to take lessons in how to watch an animated movie"..

i mean - it's not rocket science people...

one things for sure, we will NEVER ever ever ever watch another disney flick with them....never ever ever ever!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter