• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just took my DS16 driving for the first time in my car.....

Kteacher

<font color=660099>Not your average kindergarten t
Okay, so he almost rear ended someone, and then almost ran over a pedestrian in a crosswalk, but other than that he did okay. Now..... can some one fix me a really strong drink:rolleyes:

Ohhh....I remember those days.

The first time my son drove me, it was out of necessity (otherwise I let DH deal with it).
I had just had surgery and couldn't drive and we had an awards dinner to go to......scary. But he did good ;)

Hope this will do.

margaritas_sauzas.jpg

DD just got her license in December so I know what you are going through.

Your poor heart, you need that drink I'm sure!!!

I have twin sons turning 16 in August. I am just now almost relaxed over their 18yo sis driving. She has had one accident. Aack.

DD turned 14 in November, she has her learners permit and I try to have patience and take her out on the back roads every once in awhile. She had a party to go to last Saturday night, it was out in the country, so I let her drive. I just sit back and try to remember how it was when I learned to drive. I remember when my mother learned to drive, I was 4 at the time. My aunt (4 years older than myself) and I sat in the backseat and just laughed and laughed.

That's so ironic! I just came in from my first driving lesson with my dad... LOL! Supposedly I did fine, but I'm not so sure. Just remember- it's nerve-racking for the teenager whose learning too! :)

:wave:
sounds like fun..ugh;)

I can't tell you how much I dread that day for us.

DS James gets his learner's permit on May 15th. I am already having nightmares about it.

My DS informed me the other day that he will learn to drive, but because he has ADD, he will "let" his girlfriend and wife some day chaeffeur (sp) him around

I told him with that attitude, he won't ever have a girlfriend let alone a wife!

I remember those days...my son drives just like his father, they <b>both</b> scare me!

My son went for his Road Test today and actually passed......still in shock!!!!!;) :eek: :jester:

I'm taking my DD for her road test next week.

The first time I let her drive she almost ran into another car while making a turn into our road. Hopefully she has come a long way since then.

I know what you mean about needing that really strong drink. Now I need it when I think about letting her out on her own.

Why is it that when boys get to curves in the road they speed up?????????? I didn't get excited, scream, or faint, but the nail prints on the dash, and the foot print on the passenger side will be a reminder forever! That being said, he has driven for two years now, and has done really well. Just when I thought I was safe, second son signed up for drivers ed next year!

My DS turned 16 yesterday- I'm really, really afraid of this. I guess my turn will be next Thursday when he goes to get his learners permit. And I really want to know how it is that I became old enough to have a 16 yr old :mad:

My dd just got her permit. I haven't had the chance to take her out yet, and I'm in no hurry. lol

Some of you may remember that DS got his permit last month and that very day drove through our garage door. :rolleyes: He is doing much better now. He seems to have figured out which pedal is the brake. I still haven't got the nerve to take him out for a drive, but he is practicing a lot with his dad.

My daughter got her license in Feb. Here in NJ the permit period is a year long, so all of her 16th year she drove. You describe the situation perfectly, one day I would think "She is doing great" . The next day we would come in from a trip thanking God for our lives. It took until the last 3 months of her permit for the driving to be consistent. Have patience and Good Luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter