Just throw some clothes and my tiara in the car--I'm too tired to plan

lovetoscrap

Sees tag fairy posts that aren't there.
And I am probably too tired right now to write a Pre-Trip Report, but I am hoping that by writing one I may actually put some plans together! Not sure if I will end up writing a trip report when we get back, we aren't very exciting. When I have gone with my DISboard friends we end up with lots of excitement and fun:drinking1party: to report back, but not really that much to report back when it is family.

So the background of this trip:

Around the beginning of the year I started to feel a little sad :( My oldest, DD14, is starting High School this year. This means Band Camp and jobs and driving:drive: and more social time with friends:hyper2: and so the time for a family get away will be decreasing. And my "baby", DD10, is going into 5th grade which means middle school next year and she is already getting that tween attitude:rolleyes:. I feel old. My babies are growing up and growing away. :sad:

So I wanted to have one last big trip with the family while they are still okay with spending time with family! The girls and I talked and all wanted to go on a cruise:sail:. So I researched cruises and found a GREAT one! :woohoo: Great price, great schedule, great itinerary, great ship:boat:. We were very excited about it. But DH wasn't so excited :confused3. The price was more than we should spend--college is coming in 4 short years:scared:. He decided he didn't want to go on a cruise because he really hadn't enjoyed the other 2 we have been on (although he seemed like he was having fun??? :confused:. We were really disappointed but discussed going to Disney. None of us were really thrilled about that idea. :snooty:

:eek:I KNOW! Don't want to go to Disney? That is crazy talk! But we really wanted something relaxing and stress free. :beach: And let's face it, Disney isn't really a stress free trip. Especially for a cheapo control freak mother/Disney planner that uses a scooter to get around.

But then those 2 magic words were uttered on the DIS. . .

Free

Dining

:idea:Hmmmmm. . . Free Dining? So we don't have to worry about sharing meals because Dad hates it when food we bought gets thrown away? :headache: Don't have to worry about being frugal when someone wants a snack. That reduces a little stress. :thumbsup2

So I came up with a RADICAL plan and discussed it with the girls. What if we went to Disney and made it a Relaxing and stress free trip? What if we just did a few rides each day and then spent time at the pool? And we have about 12 Water Park and More tickets left from past trips, we can to the water parks every day if we want to. We can eat Mickey Bars :mickeybarfor breakfast if we want. Can we make this work?

So that is the plan. We have our reservation for All Star Movies with Free Quick Service Dining. We are pretty easy going with meals so don't mind doing the QS--we actually have quite a few places we really enjoy, including the ASMo food court-- and to keep with the stress free I don't want to deal with ADRs.

So there you have it. Our entire plan so far. One Dad:earsboy:, One Mom:earsgirl:, and 2 daughters princess:princess: going to Disney with no real plan except to spend time together and try to have fun and relax and enjoy time together.

If you are a betting person I wouldn't put money on that actually happening! :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter