Just thinking...

tc

<font color=blue>Miracles are amazing!<br><font co
If I had a dismeet, we could call it King-con, cute, huh? Not that I'd have one, but it would be called a cute name. I hesitate in inviting people to my house because we don't allow drinking alcohol, and I don't want anyone to think I'm thinking they are bad because they drink. We just don't want it at our house. So, I probably would never have a dismeet at my house, but, if I did, King-con would be fun!

You don't have to drink alcohol at a DIS meet. I think KINGCON is a very cute name.

I hope I make it out to your part of Colorado, some day, I'd love to meet you and I'm happy with a cup of coffee :)

I can serve coffee, but you may not want to drink it. I don't drink it myself, and have yet to figure out how to make it where Kimmi says it tastes good. There is a Starbucks just up the street though :D !

I hope I didn't sound pious or a prude. I don't mind of other drink, and certainly don't hold it against them, but just don't like it at my house. I have never been able to have a cast party at my house because when I say we won't allow alcohol, they choose somewhere else.

I do have a pool table, pin ball machine (star wars) and a 52" tv, so we could have other kinds of fun, really!

I like that name and it would be no big deal to not allow drinking at your house. That's not the purpose of a Dis Meet!;) It's to meet fellow Disney nuts like ourselves!:p

Kelli, don't worry. :) Alcohol, no alcohol, no big deal. We've had two meets at the mall and one at a restaurant for supper.

They aren't there for the alcohol anyway. :)

It's true Dismeets are not about alcohol. I guess I am comparing Disers to theater people, where most everything they do is about alcohol (at least the theater people I am in show with)

Maybe someday I will have a King-con, sans alcohol, but with lots of fun!!

I would love to go to King-Con. Too bad I'm on the wrong side of the map! ;)

And virgin margharitas can be just as good as the real thing. :)

Annie&Hallie'sMom, that's the main problem with having a Colorado Dismeet, the majority of Disers are east or way west of me.

At our first Memorial Day DISmeet picnic in 2001, we didn't offer any alcohol and nobody brought any. We had a marvelous time without it. At this year's picnic, I did make Guavaberry Coladas for a few people, but those who decided to try one only had one. I ended up making more non-alcoholic coladas than ones with the Guavaberry Rum. At TwinCon (yesterday), it was strictly soda (pop), iced tea, and juice boxes. I couldn't even get anyone to have a cup of coffee with me.

So if you decided to go ahead and have KingCON, just let everyone know the rules ahead of time. It won't be a problem. And everyone will have a great time. And I'd love an excuse to come visit my cousin. Just have to convince Sue that a trip to Colorado is a good idea.

TC, I definately think a trip to Colorado is a good idea. Thanks for the encouragement.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter