Just rode Pirates of the Caribbean!

Meh, sorry to hear there's still so much water getting in the boats. That's a real bummer. The refurbed sets and costumes do look really nice, though. Gorgeous!

What would REALLY tickle my Pirates-loving heart is if they'd tinker with the Jack Sparrrow and Barbossa AA's, and redo their faces in the Marc Davis/Blaine Gibson artistic style so they'd blend in better with the other figures. They don't look like they belong in the same fictional universe with all the other characters. It's like playing with Barbie dolls and Bratz dolls together - they don't look like the same species, and it's harder to suspend disbelief. Oh, well, maybe next time! ;)

I bet you were right next to us! I chatted just a tiny bit with the woman next to me. Thin, blond, 30's, I think? I was with my DH. I'm tall, a little chubby, with brown hair. I also had the look of an exhausted woman who'd been rained on an hour earlier, and was on the last night of Day 6 of a trip with a 3 & 5 year old. Haha!

Wasn't it such a fun experience to ride that night? Definitely a great memory!

Maybe we sat behind you. My wife is thin, 30 something (32 but she would kill me if she knew I told. :tongue:) but she is not blonde. She is a brunette. I guess that would mean we were behind you then.. :) My MIL and SIL are both brunette also.. We were on the ride at 9:30 pm though. I swear it. I actually have some pictures of the lady with the pirate flag leading the way and then some of the walking through the line to the ride. Didn't take any of who we were with unfortunately. I do have some of the people in front of us leading to the ride though. lol.

I rode it 3 times on 9/26. It did not open with the park. We sat in the front one time with the kids on the end. Thought that a little bit of water wouldn't hurt. My husband and I got a lap full of water. I wave came over the front of the boat and we were soaked from the waist down. Water in the shoes, yuk. I did notice a few changes. No mermaids at the beginning. More light, not as dark at the beginning. The dog looked scruffy'er and there was loose hair (big ball) by his tail. The last time we rode the ride the audio had lots of static. Still loved the ride though!

Sorry we have sticky at top of page "Looking For Live Reports and About Just Back Threads, Danny

We rode PotC Friday, 10/2, morning about 10:30am with a 10 minute wait. We sat in the 4th row and didn't get wet. The back row got splashed with with one of the cannon ball effects. I agree with a previous poster that overall the ride looks a bit... cleaner. The entry scene in the fog changed. Otherwise the major difference I noted were some added animal noises in some of the scenes. But then my memory is not as good as it once was. I felt that there were a number of small changes/improvements scattered through the ride.

If I REALLY didn't want to get wet (honestly, my daughter will complain all day if her shoes are wet!) can we ask not to be in the front row when we are seated? Even if it means waiting until the next boat?

If I REALLY didn't want to get wet (honestly, my daughter will complain all day if her shoes are wet!) can we ask not to be in the front row when we are seated? Even if it means waiting until the next boat?

Yes, I have always been able to ask for a particular seating location. On Friday we asked for something further back and accepted row 4.

Just back and we loved it, it looked really good! I was really impressed with how great everything looked. I had not seen it looking that good since the 90's. We did not get wet, but we did not sit in the front row. I made sure to tell them that we did not want to be in the front, and they had no problem with that. I did see some really wet people getting off the boats.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter