• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just returned-things that helped the most

We just got back and there were several things that really helped make the trip more enjoyable;

- We loved our waterproof backpack, it was the perfect size for us and had the drink holders on both sides. http://www.amazon.com/Ultralight-Li...d=1436755575&sr=8-1&keywords=hikepro+backpack

- Brita water bottles, we froze one each night and put the other in the fridge so we started the day off with water but still had cold water through the morning. Once it started to get warm we asked for a free cup of water and refilled it. http://www.amazon.com/Brita-Filter-...8&qid=1436755748&sr=8-9&keywords=brita+bottle

- Ponchos from Amazon (better than dollar store), http://www.amazon.com/Wealers-displ...e=UTF8&qid=1436755859&sr=8-1&keywords=ponchos

-Took a screen grab of our schedule from MDE each night for the next day then made that my lock screen on my phone so we weren't killing the battery connecting each time we wanted to double check.

-Rope drop (or close to it) and get as much done in the morning then nice, cool, relaxing TS for lunch followed by 3 FP+ when the lines start backing up. We were there for 4th of July and never waited in any line for more than 20 minutes.

I am sure there were others but those are the ones that stick out the most after just returning. Thank you to everyone here who gave me these tips which made our trip that much more enjoyable.

Great ideas! I actually started a thread looking for a light weight back pack...but never really came up with anything conclusive :) The one you suggested looks great! I just ordered. Been debating the Brita Water bottles, we've always just brought bottled water. Ordered those too, so I'll see if that's easier.

Anyone have any idea how long the filters last?

Anyone have any idea how long the filters last?
According to the info on Amazon:

• 1 water filter can replace 300 standard 16.9 ounce water bottles
  • Filter sits inside water bottle, reducing particulates and chlorine taste and odor, often found in tap water
  • For best performance change filter every 40 gallons or 2 months
  • BPA-free replacement water filters
A lot of this, of course, will depend up on the quality of water that goes INTO the bottle to begin with too. It's a good place to start though.

My advice, keep a spare filter around. They are not that expensive. $6.49 for 2 of them. That's 80 gallons worth or a little over 500 of the 20 ounce bottles that WDW sells. Doing that math (at older prices of $2.00 a bottle) that would be over $1000 of savings.

I activated our filters just before the trip (definitely make sure you do this!!) and did not bring any extra filters but I did purchase new ones to replace them when we got back.

Ponchos vs. rain jackets....is it just to go with something lighter, more packable? I found some really slim rain jackets at Costco for our family but wonder if something disposable would just be better....do we really even need these in December? Does it rain much then? Seems to be the most dry month but coming from CA where it never rains I am uncertain. Help!
I like that the ponchos were long enough to cover the backpack (yes, it is water resistant but still was more comfortable with it being a bit protected) and yes, when we were done we just tossed them as opposed to carrying them around. I also really liked that they start folded up real compact so they don't take much room in the bag. Completely personal preference!

I like that the ponchos were long enough to cover the backpack (yes, it is water resistant but still was more comfortable with it being a bit protected) and yes, when we were done we just tossed them as opposed to carrying them around. I also really liked that they start folded up real compact so they don't take much room in the bag. Completely personal preference!
Thanks! great advice...have used ponchos when traveling abroad for the very same reasons...for some reason was just not thinking of the park this way but makes perfect sense...especially if kids drag us onto a water ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter