Just returned-things that helped the most

Yes, the Brita bottle was the best thing we brought on our last trip. We only brought one to share between us (me and DH), but being able to fill it at any water fountain was great. In the morning, we'd fill it with ice from the hotel and occasionally get a cup of ice from a QS if we needed it. This next trip, I am looking forward to bringing Frogg Toggs as well!

How large are these backpacks when you have them on? I am pooh sized and afraid it will look Tinkerbell size on my back!! LOL

Thanks for the tips! We usually bring water bottles, but love the idea of the brita bottles. Also, such a great suggestion to screenshot MDE for the day! So simple, yet so smart. I'm always stressed out about using all my battery life too soon in the parks, every bit helps!

Thanks for the great tips! We used the Brita bottles on our last trip and will do so from here on out!
I'm in the process of figuring out our FP/touring strategy. I like your idea of scheduling those after lunch. For our family, that would then be time to head to our rooms for a midday break with the little one. Thanks for that idea :)

How large are these backpacks when you have them on? I am pooh sized and afraid it will look Tinkerbell size on my back!! LOL
Hmm I am really bad at size descriptions but I too am pooh sized and I was comfortable with it. I have 13 year olds who were also comfortable with it, we all took shifts. I don't have any pics of us with it on, we always intentionally took it off for pics but it is not tiny but it is light weight and comfortable to wear.

Glad to hear this is helping others. Such little details but sometimes they can make a world of difference!

The backpack I have is on sale today for $9.99 through 1saleaday. That's the lowest I have ever seen it. The deal takes you to Amazon where there is a shipping charge unless your order total is over $35 but might be a good time to snag up some trip stuff if you have been thinking about it!

The backpack I have is on sale today for $9.99 through 1saleaday. That's the lowest I have ever seen it. The deal takes you to Amazon where there is a shipping charge unless your order total is over $35 but might be a good time to snag up some trip stuff if you have been thinking about it!
Thanks for the tip! I just ordered 2!! And learned about a new website!!

I check the site every day and sometimes I find something I can't live without. I actually bought a backpack today too (and some Brita bottles and filters) for a friend who is planning a Disney trip with her daughter's dancing group next summer. I brought mine to a festival last month and she loved how light it was and how much it held. Her bday is next month so I thought these would be a practical gift that could help her out (unplanned how can you tell dancing daughter no type of trip). Her favorite color is purple and I just know she is going to love the purple bag!

I check the site every day and sometimes I find something I can't live without. I actually bought a backpack today too (and some Brita bottles and filters) for a friend who is planning a Disney trip with her daughter's dancing group next summer. I brought mine to a festival last month and she loved how light it was and how much it held. Her bday is next month so I thought these would be a practical gift that could help her out (unplanned how can you tell dancing daughter no type of trip). Her favorite color is purple and I just know she is going to love the purple bag!
Where there brita bottles for sale on there somewhere? It is a great site and what a nice friend you are to get one for your friend! Great idea!!

No, not on sale today. I just got them from Amazon to bump up my order enough so that I didn't pay for shipping. Not the most exciting birthday gift ever but sometimes practical is the most useful and I know she will appreciate it. I still have a month or so before her birthday so maybe I will think of some other things to add to her bag and make it a Disney survival kit type thing. I do have a bunch of extra ponchos so I might toss a few of them in there.

We love our Brita water bottles. You can also get them at Wal Mart and Target if you're in a hurry and don't have Amazon Prime (or a desire to pay for shipping). In our WM they are back by the sporting goods (why, I have no idea!).

Thanks so much for the tips! I also bought the backpack for my DH, two Brita water bottles and a 16 pack of adult ponchos from Amazon. I am so thankful for these boards and all the tips that have helped us plan an awesome trip.

We leave for 10 days at the kingdom tomorrow!! I've been to Disneyland 100 times, but this is my first time to WDW and I'm excited beyond belief!

I got some of the Brita bottles from Amazon. I got to use them last weekend at a (mostly) local Amusement park to us. Knoebels in Elysburg. An awesome park with no admission fee, no parking fee. You can get all day hand stamps or tickets (reasonably priced) for the rides. Anyway, their fountain water is HORRIBLE. I just hate paying $2+ for bottles of water. So I tried out the Brita here. All I can say is that it's AWESOME. Took the nasty taste out of their water without issue. Even the DW who is fussy about it didn't have an issue with it.

In our WM they are back by the sporting goods (why, I have no idea!).
The probably put them there because "Hikers" want filters for their water while on the trail. While I wouldn't use this type of filter, I have a hand pump filter that I can pump from a dirty puddle of water and it makes it safe, if I have too. (but you should always try the cleanest/clearest water available). That's probably why it's in the sporting goods though.

We had brought several bottles of flavoring for the water but we ended up not using any of them until the very last day. The family we were traveling with did not have Brita bottles, they were drinking their free water from the Lunching Pad and said it tasted horrible. We offered up our flavoring which they gladly took. We just put the water in our bottle and went on our way. I was very happy with the filtered water and had no problem at all getting my children to drink water consistently through out the day which was the key (we were there in July and it was mid 90's & humid every day so I was pretty strict on the water) and they happily obliged. We always froze one and kept the other in the fridge so we had water to start but also had real cold water for the majority of the morning. I brought medium sized coozies from Dunkin Donuts and put one in each pocket of my backpack to try to keep the water as cold as possible and to limit the condensation. Worked perfectly!

Anyone heading out soon, have a great trip!!

Thanks so much for the tips! Needed a new backpack and was putting off getting one! Bought the backpack and the ponchos! Eight of us going and I so hate to buy stuff I don't want or need in the parks! Anyway I appreciate the tips!

Ponchos vs. rain jackets....is it just to go with something lighter, more packable? I found some really slim rain jackets at Costco for our family but wonder if something disposable would just be better....do we really even need these in December? Does it rain much then? Seems to be the most dry month but coming from CA where it never rains I am uncertain. Help!

It really doesn't rain in December but there is a ride in Animal kingdom that gets u very wet and two that I can think of in Universal. I have 4 older sons so they always want to go on those rides even in December

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter