Just returned from Dream's first Miami sailing (and first sailing with new Covid testing protocols)!

Any recommendations for what to do in Nassau? 5 adults and 3 kids (11, 9 and 7).
A lot of people seem to do Atlantis or don't get off at all. When I was there with DS (who was almost 7) in January, we went to the chocolate factory. Definitely not a beach day, but a fun little excursion if you like chocolate. He was a little bored during the 'talking' parts, but he loved making his own bar of chocolate. They let you pick your own mix-ins.

We have a friend Thst just got back a few weeks ago They had to do the testing but said it was dropped a short time after they got back. Yet I’m reading here about person doing tests. I’m won’t cruise until no more testing. By the sounds of this I guess I won’t be cruising for a long time yet
I'm thinking there was a little confusion....the Disney Cruise Line testing requirements have not gone away just the method of testing has changed. Instead of everyone testing at the port on Disney's dime there is now an option for fully vaxed to test up to 48 hours prior on their own and just upload the results. They can still test at the port (if they don't do it before hand) but at the cruiser's expense.

We just booked for October 6th sail date and it's our first Disney cruise. Any recommendations for what to do in Nassau? 5 adults and 3 kids (11, 9 and 7).
We went to Blue Lagoon to do the dolphin swim. The dolphin swim itself was fantastic....the rest of the day was just ehhh for us. We would have preferred doing the dolphins at Atlantis but that excursion was not an option for our cruise.

Was yours a 4 night? Where did you go? We are going on our first Disney cruise and it is a 4 night to Nassau/CC. Which night was dressy night and which night was Pirate Night? what shows did you see? Which restaurant did you like the best? I am trying to decide which one to request twice for our rotation.
Yes, 4 nights going to Nassau and Castaway. We personally didn't do any dressy night, sorry! We did have Pirate night and it was our 3rd night. We saw The Golden Mickeys, Beauty & The Beast and Believe. Gosh...I don't know that I had a favorite but just know you won't get the same menu twice on the 4 night because your repeat night will be the Pirate menu. You repeat in location only, not food.

Nice! I’d be so much more relived being able to test at home a few days before.
Yes, I felt a huge burden lifted by being able to do it on our own before, especially since I had randomly ordered some eMed tests months prior when we needed to spend some of our FSA money and I was just holding onto them in the off chance we needed them. They worked perfectly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter