• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just returned Disney Fantasy April 16, 2022

When we sailed on the Magic in December after the welcome show in the atrium, that was staggered, they guided us into a room where they had the CMS help us set up our phones. I never recalled this process on my other Sailings so I don’t know if this was part of the whole Covid thing. Did they still have the phone thing when you get on board they help you set your phone up? It really helped me with my mother. We are sailing next week and I hope they still have this
There was no help setting up your phone with the navigator once we got on board. However I did see people assist at the guest services desk.

There was no help setting up your phone with the navigator once we got on board. However I did see people assist at the guest services desk.
Oh that's too bad that stopped! I watched a video and I thought how smart for those who need the help. I hope this means they will be back to having someone manning the desk!

How was the evening entertainment outside of the main stage shows? Was it varied? Outside entertainers? Club hosts?

That is too bad because it was so much more efficient how they did it before where everyone was in that room, I forgot where it was. The guy did his spiel every 10 minutes and if someone needed one to one help they had people walking around. I’ll have to add this to my comment card at the end of the sailing That this wasn’t much smoother process

That is too bad because it was so much more efficient how they did it before where everyone was in that room, I forgot where it was. The guy did his spiel every 10 minutes and if someone needed one to one help they had people walking around. I’ll have to add this to my comment card at the end of the sailing That this wasn’t much smoother process

I can see both sides. It's nice that they have it for those who have no clue tech-wise. But I can also see how those who do know how to work the app would be annoyed that they had to sit through DCL App 101. It would be nice if they either made it optional for if you need it OR if they went back to the pre-covid tech help desk where you could go if you had an issue.

I can see both sides. It's nice that they have it for those who have no clue tech-wise. But I can also see how those who do know how to work the app would be annoyed that they had to sit through DCL App 101. It would be nice if they either made it optional for if you need it OR if they went back to the pre-covid tech help desk where you could go if you had an issue.
Agreed! I saw platinum cruisers saying they were herded there (when they just wanted to head to Cabanas) and forced to sit through that. Like I'm sure they know how the app works. lol If they still had it, it should be optional.

12. Rainforest room was available, you had to pay ~130 per person to use the rainforest room for the whole week at any time with a wrist bracelet..

Can you purchase day passes individually (how much?) or does it have to be entire trip?

Agreed! I saw platinum cruisers saying they were herded there (when they just wanted to head to Cabanas) and forced to sit through that. Like I'm sure they know how the app works. lol If they still had it, it should be optional.
I saw many that just kept walking... so it was optional in the end.

1. Families were still separated at each meal. No combined seating yet

Hang on, though. We've been on the Dream and the Magic since the re-start and there have been plenty of tables with 6, 8, or 10 people. Clearly, they are allowing families and friends traveling together to sit together at dinner by request.

Do you mean the Fantasy is still now allowing this? Or that you won't be seated with other groups/families that you do not know?

Yeah, before covid there was no little show in the atrium when you boarded. You would go watch the Sail Away on the pool deck once it was time to leave the port. Apparently the Sail Away show is returning soon as people have seen crews practicing the sail away show.

Yes, they were setting up for the Sail Away party on our last night on the 4/9 sailing, so the cruise after us, got to see it.

You won't be seated with people not connected to your reservation (i.e., people you don't know).

Absolutely 100% NOT a guarantee. Prior to COVID there were multi-party tables, and when things get back up to full capacity there will be no way to NOT have multi-party tables again. The dining rooms were not set up with 100% private party tables in mind and so there would literally not be enough space for the servers to get through to everyone if they were all separated.

Hang on, though. We've been on the Dream and the Magic since the re-start and there have been plenty of tables with 6, 8, or 10 people. Clearly, they are allowing families and friends traveling together to sit together at dinner by request.

Do you mean the Fantasy is still now allowing this? Or that you won't be seated with other groups/families that you do not know?

Absolutely 100% NOT a guarantee. Prior to COVID there were multi-party tables, and when things get back up to full capacity there will be no way to NOT have multi-party tables again. The dining rooms were not set up with 100% private party tables in mind and so there would literally not be enough space for the servers to get through to everyone if they were all separated.

Sorry, I didn't quote the entire question. I was responding to DisneyPiPhi thinking they wouldn't be allowed to be seated with their larger party.

We were on the Magic that disembarked April 16th and are still waiting for our placeholder confirmation email. I'm pretty nervous of a glitch. Where in the app are you able to see "placeholder pending"? When I log in, all I see is "Need to Add a Reservation"
Keep an eye on it. When I cruised in September, I tried to make a placeholder through the app and it didn't work, so I went to guest services and they had me fill out a form that they would send shoreside to finish the reservation. I waited a week for the email and didn't get it, so I had my travel agent call to find out what happened. They basically had us redo the whole process over the phone.

I've seen other reports on this forum of reservations not being confirmed, too. The system seems to be glitchy indeed.

Thanks for all of your information!! What about free drinks in the atrium on formal night? Pre-Covid yes, then it was a no. Has it returned?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter