Just pushed up our trip by a day- Booked All Star but should i call DVC?

kniquy

DIS Veteran
We have a trip planned at Jambo for the end of November. We always book very early flights so that we can make use of our first day. So Tuesday was our arrival day because we have to work on Monday, but i got the bright idea to check flights. Of course i find a 9:30pm flight monday night putting us in at 12:30am. Certainly there are no DVC rooms and I am fresh out of points so I check for the cheapest room -- All Star for $113.

I guess now my question is should i have bothered calling DVC to see what they had for cash rooms? We are probably not going to get to the resort until at least 1:30am, so we are really only there to sleep and then will check out.

We have a trip planned at Jambo for the end of November. We always book very early flights so that we can make use of our first day. So Tuesday was our arrival day because we have to work on Monday, but i got the bright idea to check flights. Of course i find a 9:30pm flight monday night putting us in at 12:30am. Certainly there are no DVC rooms and I am fresh out of points so I check for the cheapest room -- All Star for $113.

I guess now my question is should i have bothered calling DVC to see what they had for cash rooms? We are probably not going to get to the resort until at least 1:30am, so we are really only there to sleep and then will check out.
If you're arriving that late I'd stick with your current plan or you could check with the Hyatt at MCO and catch DME in the morning. That's if you are using DME and want to stay at the airport.

If you're arriving that late I'd stick with your current plan or you could check with the Hyatt at MCO and catch DME in the morning. That's if you are using DME and want to stay at the airport.

I would second this. It would let you get to bed sooner and get on DME at your convenience. It would also avoid having to have your luggage transferred from All Star to your DVC resort.

The first time I got in after midnight I stayed at the Airport Hyatt and got the first DME bus to BCV the next morning. It was pretty relaxing to just get on an elevator at the airport and go to the room.

The last time, we did All Music for a night, because it was significantly cheaper than the Hyatt. We didn't use the luggage tags, and carted our own luggage to DME. By the time we got to All Music, we were pretty wiped out. After a night's sleep, we were eager to leave the value resort and get to BLT. Luggage transfer was very easy. We handed it over to bell services, and headed to the MK for rope drop at 9am. On the way there, we got our room text, so we did a short detour at MK to BLT to check out the room and drop off my wife's bulging purse.

If I'm ever in this circumstance again, I'll be paying the premium to stay at the Hyatt.

BTW, how did you get such a great price? ($113 a night?). Thx!

I’d stay near the airport. Let’s compare a comparable hotel

Fairfield Inn at the airport vs All star.
Time in room. The Fairfield shuttle will pick you up and you should be in your room within 30 to 45 minutes after you call then. All stars. First you wait on bus, then you make a couple of stops, then you have to check in and get to your room. I’ve done it in about an hour but I’ve also taken 90 minutes

Breakfast. You can get up and go deal with the overpriced and chaotic food court at All Stars or you can go get the free breakfast at the Fairfield (it can still be chaotic)

Beds. 2 queen vs 2 double advantage Fairfield

Theme advantage Disney.

Theme doesn’t do it for me. I’m staying at the Marriott by the airport in Oct. I’m at the full service one for $120 a night

For me the fact that I’m in bed probably an hour sooner by staying at the airport is a deal breaker

I’m staying at the Marriott by the airport in Oct. I’m at the full service one for $120 a night
So how does it work in the morning -- do they have a shuttle to take you back to the airport to catch the ME? That is what we were planning on taking vs a private transfer. I'd just be concerned that the shuttle back to the airport might be an issue or do they run frequently?

So how does it work in the morning -- do they have a shuttle to take you back to the airport to catch the ME?
Yes they do have a free shuttle. We've stayed there several times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter