Just off the wish

upbeatred

Mouseketeer
I just got off the Wish and here are my impressions. The ship is absolutely gorgeous and all the details and art work are amazing. The hallway to Arendelle is almost worth the cruise alone. It seems that most people I heard who were disappointed with the ship were people who were very attached to another boat. I did not think it was difficult to navigate. It is a little weird there is not one deck to walk all the way around, but other than that the layout seemed fine to me. (It has been 15 years since I cruised with Disney, so I did not have a bias based on another boat.) The staterooms were very comfortable and we did have smooth sailing. I have never been on another cruise that had no boat movement at all. Usually when I get off the boat, I tend to get some land sickness and there was absolutely none. This is by far the smoothest sailing boat ever, and I have been on NCL, RCCL, and Seabourn. My biggest negative was the crowds, it seemed very crowded especially on the deck areas. The adults only space on the deck is way to small, on the sea day there were probably 35 people literally just standing up in the infinity adult pool shoulder to shoulder. The elevators were also pretty much constantly crowded except early morning or late nights. The fast food up top was really good, but I was not blown-away by the other dinning rooms. I felt like our servers had too many tables, (maybe they were short staffed) I never even got the name of our head server and the food took forever to come out. Usually we sat down at 8:00 and it was past 9:00 before we got any food. We were never out of dinner until 10:00 pm. It was also very hard to order wine, or get a drink because they seemed so busy. Of the adult bars, I liked Bayou the best, the others were just okay including Star Wars. We were able to get dinner reservations at Palio on the first day of the cruise, the information about it was in the navigator and the dinner there was fantastic. Palio was the highlight of the cruise for us. Our party consists of two adults no children. Overall a very good cruise and I would return to the Wish. I can't imagine not having a good time, so I wouldn't worry about the negative reviews. There are going to be pros and cons of every cruise ship. I did feel like this boat was more geared toward families, but Disney is very upfront about their targeted audience. If you are going on the boat without kids, you pretty much have to be a Disney fan.

Thanks for your review. Be on this ship next month.

We are a couple too going without kids. Didn’t cancel because we wanted to see it for ourselves. I’m sure somethings we will miss but if It truly bothers us we well just go back to our favourite.

This will also be our first cruise after cancelling so many times so that excitement just getting back on will there….lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter