Just off the Wish - Enchante brunch menu is no more!

BlovesC

home is where the Yeti is
My apologies if this isn't news to you all, but I didn't remember reading it anywhere here.

We just disembarked this morning from the Wish, and had Enchante brunch reservations on Saturday.

They warned us in advance on day 1 that they are no longer serving a brunch menu for Enchante, and we would be presented the dinner menu at our 11:30 reservation.

This was in fact the case when we got to the restaurant, but I was pleased by it; what I'd seen of the brunch menu online previously wasn't super appealing to me, but DH had really wanted to try it.

For our brunch, DH wound up going with the collection menu while I had the passion; food and service were absolutely fantastic, definitely the highlight of our cruise!

Wow, I had not heard this. That's surprising, I wonder why they went that route (was brunch not that popular?).

That's a shame. They seem to be cutting specialty meals on the Wish. I haven't heard of the dessert experience at Enchante being offered in months. It wasn't on my friends' early December cruise or on our xmas cruise.

That's a shame. They seem to be cutting specialty meals on the Wish. I haven't heard of the dessert experience at Enchante being offered in months. It wasn't on my friends' early December cruise or on our xmas cruise.
Oh that's a bummer. I did the Enchante dessert experience last April, and it was fantastic.

Interesting, the dessert experience is showing as an option for our 4-day Wish itinerary in April, but every time I've checked it's said there are no times available (even though it lets me try to book it).

Interesting, the dessert experience is showing as an option for our 4-day Wish itinerary in April, but every time I've checked it's said there are no times available (even though it lets me try to book it).
Maybe your party size doesn't match what's available. It didn't even show up as an option on our 4 day during xmas, not even for Pearls or Platinums.

Maybe your party size doesn't match what's available. It didn't even show up as an option on our 4 day during xmas, not even for Pearls or Platinums.
We're only a party of 2 so I'd be surprised if that was the issue. I know that for things like beverage tastings sometimes there's only single openings left, but for the dessert experience where you're seated at a table I'd think if there were any openings they'd be able to accommodate a party of 2.

I am wondering if they're just not getting the number of people that they want to warrant having it open that whole time. I have to say that the menu and vlogs I've seen left me underwhelmed and kind of going "meh" but we've done Remy brunch several times and loved it each time (as well as dinner and the dessert experience). It just seems to very blah compared to the Remy menus and very limited selection.

We're only a party of 2 so I'd be surprised if that was the issue. I know that for things like beverage tastings sometimes there's only single openings left, but for the dessert experience where you're seated at a table I'd think if there were any openings they'd be able to accommodate a party of 2.
It's a known glitch with the specialty dining. If your party size doesn't exactly match the table size, you'll get that message. The system isn't set up (apparently) to be able to put two people at a table for four. You can check when you get onboard, a human in dining services will be able to override that for you.

I am wondering if they're just not getting the number of people that they want to warrant having it open that whole time. I have to say that the menu and vlogs I've seen left me underwhelmed and kind of going "meh" but we've done Remy brunch several times and loved it each time (as well as dinner and the dessert experience). It just seems to very blah compared to the Remy menus and very limited selection.

DH and I assumed it was a move made to maximize profits. If we'd been given the brunch menu as booked, our total for the 2 of us would have been what, $150? $200 at most? before tip. Instead, it was closer to $500. They know what they're doing. :laughing:

DH and I assumed it was a move made to maximize profits. If we'd been given the brunch menu as booked, our total for the 2 of us would have been what, $150? $200 at most? before tip. Instead, it was closer to $500. They know what they're doing. :laughing:
The prices at Palo and Remy's are getting ridiculous. Cruising's draw at one time was it all inclusiveness then they started adding specialty restaurants and people don't seem to care. I just don't get it. We only use Palo because it's comped otherwise we would never pay for it. A little off topic, sorry.

Sad. I’d already become disillusioned with Enchanté dinner, which I’ve found in three visits to simply not be as enjoyable as Remy. For me, it came down to less variety of choices, as well as the more experimental nature of the menus (confirmed for me by staff) being more hit or miss. I still very much enjoyed brunch, though, along with the champagne pairings. But if it’s going to just be the dinner experience during the day then count me out. ☹️

The prices at Palo and Remy's are getting ridiculous. Cruising's draw at one time was it all inclusiveness then they started adding specialty restaurants and people don't seem to care. I just don't get it. We only use Palo because it's comped otherwise we would never pay for it. A little off topic, sorry.
You are not alone... heck, we just wish they'd open Cabanas/MM back open for dinner service...

Agree

We have dinner reserved. Glad to hear you can each choose a menu as I think my husband will go for the bigger one and I’ll stick to the set one

It's a known glitch with the specialty dining. If your party size doesn't exactly match the table size, you'll get that message. The system isn't set up (apparently) to be able to put two people at a table for four. You can check when you get onboard, a human in dining services will be able to override that for you.
This if I cruised my original dates on a the Wish I couldn’t book. But by April 2023 I guess parties of 2 weren’t booking Palo brunch and dinner, because I got table for 2 easily

The Enchantee dinner was $500 ? Wow!

I thought the specialty experience is supposed to be “a nominal charge” per person? Or is this a $400 bottle of wine?

The Enchantee dinner was $500 ? Wow!

I thought the specialty experience is supposed to be “a nominal charge” per person? Or is this a $400 bottle of wine?

No wine - actually quite the opposite, we each got a mocktail. :laughing: The menu option my DH went with was $205 alone. Just really glad we knew in advance we'd be served the dinner menu so we had time to review the menu and determine if we'd go through with it!

As far as the 'nominal charge' I know from reading these boards that certain Castaway Club members (Pearl? idk) get specialty meals at discounted prices, so maybe you're referring to that? But we don't cruise much so I can't speak to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter