Just off the Fantasy...

johnnyblz20

Mouseketeer
Wow sure would be nice if they mentioned the Aladdin show was cancelled for now. They put a few other shows in place that were well below avg to entertain for an entire hour. A magician who did card tricks and played with a rope for 5min and tap dancers. Really disappointed in the shows and they honestly need to bring out some new shows.

Can only see the same show so many times. Crazy they have yet to change up the Believe Show or Wishes

Wow sure would be nice if they mentioned the Aladdin show was cancelled for now. They put a few other shows in place that were well below avg to entertain for an entire hour. A magician who did card tricks and played with a rope for 5min and tap dancers. Really disappointed in the shows and they honestly need to bring out some new shows.

Can only see the same show so many times. Crazy they have yet to change up the Believe Show or Wishes

Would you mind if I copied your comments. We are on the fantasy soon and upset no Aladdin. They did this with a show on the October panama

They did announce the cancellation of Aladdin until the end of May, about a month ago. There was a thread about it, unfortunately you must have missed it. I'd have been disappointed also if I were you and didn't know it had been cancelled until after getting on the ship. I also agree that it would be nice if there were some new shows. We'll be on the Fantasy for the third time next Jan. I didn't care for Wishes or Believe the first time we saw them.

Yea, we booked last minute when our RC cruise got cancelled so I wasn't aware about Aladdin but I still would of expected way more to replace it than the poor entertainment they did. And yes feel free to use my comments.

They did announce the cancellation of Aladdin until the end of May, about a month ago. There was a thread about it, unfortunately you must have missed it. I'd have been disappointed also if I were you and didn't know it had been cancelled until after getting on the ship. I also agree that it would be nice if there were some new shows. We'll be on the Fantasy for the third time next Jan. I didn't care for Wishes or Believe the first time we saw them.

Yea we've been cruising with disney for the last 5 years and it blows my mind they haven't changed the shows around more. Only new show has been the Beauty and the Beast one last year. You'd think they would rotate them or something to give people something new who keep cruising with them.

Yea we've been cruising with disney for the last 5 years and it blows my mind they haven't changed the shows around more. Only new show has been the Beauty and the Beast one last year. You'd think they would rotate them or something to give people something new who keep cruising with them.

Maybe their target audience is mostly new cruisers (new to DCL or a particular ship)? With most DCL itineraries in such high demands during most times of the year, perhaps it doesn't really care whether some repeat cruisers have seen the shows already. Plus, they might feel there are enough of other entertainment options that they can't justify the associated costs of changing the shows?

LAX

We were on the first cruise that Aladdin was not performed. So was the cruise line blog. There was no DCL announcement prior to that. Even shoreside DCL cms did not know until the day of sailing.

I had a great conversation with the cruise director and the executive communication team when I got back.

The acknowledged that it was not communicated and at least heard me out that it was not the best experience for the guests (or the onboard crew who heard some complaints).

I get that shows need to be refurbished. Just tell me before I get onboard.

Wow, I hadn’t seen that news either. Aladdin is that ships “signature” show. We are on the Fantasy in August/September. They have some good entertainment normally, but lately it’s been lacking. We tried to watch a new act in February...a magician who did some card tricks, definitely not the standards I’ve seen on past cruises. We are cruising next month on the Dream...it will be #20 for us.

My worry is that they’re going to change the show based on the new live action movie. I’m a Will Smith fan, and it may not be fair to make this comment not having seen the new movie, but there’s just no way an “updated” Genie will ever be as special as the animated classic on which the original Fantasy show is based.

We are just off the fantasy as well. My young children enjoyed believe and wishes but we were disappointed there was no Aladdin as well. I only knew before hand because of this board. Disney did not openly tell their guests.

And that magician was just awful.

And that magician was just awful.

So, so bad. The only reason we stayed until the end was because the cruise director said beforehand that there was a surprise after the show. I wonder if she knew half of us would leave if she didn't say that.

I found out about Aladdin being cancelled before the cruise, but only from following these boards. I wrote to DCL about how upset I was and got a very unsatisfactory, canned response about all the great entertainment they'll still have on-board.

They are crazy if they think that magician was a decent replacement for Aladdin…and forgive me if I'm wrong, but they they were also showing Dumbo one night in the Walt Disney Theater…was THAT supposed to replace Aladdin?? It was playing all week in the Buena Vista theater, so I sure hope not.

The Great Dubois show was really excellent, and we actually really liked All That, the men's clogging dancers, but the rest of the entertainment was sorely lacking.

So, so bad. The only reason we stayed until the end was because the cruise director said beforehand that there was a surprise after the show. I wonder if she knew half of us would leave if she didn't say that.

I found out about Aladdin being cancelled before the cruise, but only from following these boards. I wrote to DCL about how upset I was and got a very unsatisfactory, canned response about all the great entertainment they'll still have on-board.

They are crazy if they think that magician was a decent replacement for Aladdin…and forgive me if I'm wrong, but they they were also showing Dumbo one night in the Walt Disney Theater…was THAT supposed to replace Aladdin?? It was playing all week in the Buena Vista theater, so I sure hope not.

The Great Dubois show was really excellent, and we actually really liked All That, the men's clogging dancers, but the rest of the entertainment was sorely lacking.

On the 7-night cruises, they often have a movie for the WDT show one night - even if it is also playing in the Buena Vista Theater. That is nothing new.

So then I guess the terrible magician WAS the replacement for Aladdin :crazy2:

Possibly. There is usually some kind of "variety" act on cruises longer than 3 nights. I never bother with them anyway. I've never seen a magician I liked, I find ventriloquists creepy as all get out (worse than clowns IMHO), and I don't find most comedians funny. (Of course, Aladdin is my least favorite Disney animated movie EVER, so I didn't bother with that show either.)

I have to agree with you all. I will be on the Fantasy for the 6th time this fall. They haven't changed the shows in 6 years. I know it is a big expense but the Dream and the Fantasy are sister ships so it would stand to reason that the theaters are the same size. Why not swap shows between the ships. I would love to cruise on the Dream but don't want to do shorter cruises. I sent Disney an email after my last cruise and they did respond that sometimes there are things happening we can't see so maybe that was the Aladdin "refresh" . BTW it was very surprising that the email didn't seem like a canned response. I put in several points in my email and they addressed them all.

And please don't get me wrong I love sailing with Disney but they really need to change some things or at least rotate. I'm gold castaway club and literally they have had the same menus in the restaurants since my first cruise.
So how was it other than that? I remember reading you had to rebook quickly after Oasis was damaged. What were the good things?

We're sailing the Fantasy in 2020 and I hope Aladdin is playing by then, lol. We didn't see it during our first Fantasy cruise. The Aladdin show is one of my reasons for booking and I would be beyond miffed if it was pulled from my sailing without an equivalent replacement.

I agree that DCL needs to change up the shows more often. After sailing the Fantasy, we'll have pretty much seen it all, so I guess we'll have to move on to the new ships for great new shows.

Maybe that's part of Disney's plan? :idea:

I guess I am the oddball....I am going on the Fantasy May 18th and it will be my 43rd DCL cruise. I have been on the Fantasy several times before. I enjoy seeing the shows time after time. It feels like coming home and is familiar. Usually we travel with new DCL cruisers so that may be part of it. I love seeing their reactions to the main stage shows.

I didn't even realize Aladdin was not onboard for the last few weeks until I happen to read that our cruise was going to be the first cruise to have the Aladdin stage show back. Plus the PremEAR of the live action Aladdin. I also hope that they do not incorporate any of the "live action" movie stuff into the show. I liked it the way it was.

MJ

Everyone keeps saying the replacement for Aladdin was a magician, or a movie. This is simply not true. Both of those entertainment options are available on any 7 night cruise. The replacement for Aladdin was the Broadway singer Josh Strickland.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter