Just Off The Fantasy

How did you like the ruins and chocolate excursion in Cozumel? We are planning to do that in July!

We liked it. It was hot in April, so make sure you have hats, sunscreen, etc in July. If you have some of the "cooling towels (frog togs, etc), I recommend taking them on this excursion. The food at lunch was good too.

Magic Dave and Marcus Monroe are the two performers whose names I remember off the top of my head. The kids really enjoyed Magic Dave, and everybody loved Marcus Monroe's variety show.

I'm asking about comedians, magicians, etc

There was a ventriloquist Lynn Trefzger who did a family act in the Walt Disney Theater and an adult act in The Tube later that night. There was also a juggler Marcus Monroe and a musician Matt Jernigan. I cannot comment on how good these acts were since I did not see them.

My servers were Wayan and Edil. I also gave them an excellent rating. They were always very attentive, they remembered my wife's aversion to any kind of peppers from the first night on, they paid a lot of attention to my five year and 18 month grand-daughters, and they never asked us for an excellent rating. They simply gave us excellent service and trusted us to rate them as such. The head server, Faisal, also treated us very special, especially the grand-daughters. He even asked Savanna, the five year old, for her autograph on a couple of occasions which really thrilled her. I highly recommend this serving team.

Trying to figure out if we should do any excursions in Falmouth. Any suggestions?

Our cruise was a SWDAS cruise and had two sea days in a row in-between Grand Cayman and Castaway Cay. It did not go to Falmouth so I can't give you any suggestions here.

Marcus Monroe is hilarious. He was in our cruise in January 2015 and his show in the large theater was funny but his shows in the tube club were outstanding.

FigmentSpark, they had Pirate Night, but no Pirate Menu or fireworks. They did offer both Pirate Shows.
No Fireworks!!?? Was that weather related? I always look forward to that! I'm going on this cruise this weekend so hope hey have fireworks!

No Fireworks!!?? Was that weather related? I always look forward to that! I'm going on this cruise this weekend so hope hey have fireworks!
On the SWDAS cruises, the fireworks are on the Star Wars day. There is a Pirate night, but there's no Pirate menu either.

On the SWDAS cruises, the fireworks are on the Star Wars day. There is a Pirate night, but there's no Pirate menu either.
Ooooohh! Okay. That makes sense. I'm on a "regular" itinerary so have nothing to worry about. Thanks for clarifying!

We just booked the Fantasy for August but haven't sailed her since 2012. I recall that the Disney-specific evening shows weren't nearly as good as the Magic/Wonder's.
Can you tell me what Disney shows were which nights and which nights offered a variety show? I'm trying to decide which night to choose Palo.

Thanks!:goodvibes

The CD is now Natalie from England. Asst CD is Mike, also from England.
In Falmouth, we did the zip lining with CHUKKA .. amazing. Great bunch of guys, very funny, very safety conscious but the trip in the truck up the hill/mountain was pretty hard going on the bum! Booked through DCL, it was $110, book it privately and it will be around $70. Travel is around 30 mins to get there.

Our entertainers were a hypnotist whose name I now forget (very good though), JunnK (an English percussion group, very funny in adult show and great in the workshop for adults and children), a comedic juggler who was also very funny (try juggling on the stage in The Tube with those low ceilings). He had us in stitches, very good.
Tisa is the Entertainment Host and she is as good as ever.

We weren't keen on Cozumel and Grand Cayman was quite clearly a tax haven for hidden money, but nice. No excursions for these two, but we bimbled around for a bit then got back on the ship after a cocktail.

Our servers were Ronald and Elean. They were ok, nothing to write home about. We have been spoiled in the past seemingly!
Our server at Palo was Jenny (again from England) and she was great. Very personable with a lovely manner. She's going on vacation in 3 weeks (start of June).

Hope that helps someone.

Just off the Fantasy. Had Max Winfrey as juggler. Teesa as adult host. Michael Harrison ventriloquist and comedian. Junnk was awesome and a regular hypnotist.

Grand Cayman was the best as many excursions were canceled because of weather at Castaway Cay. Falmouth stayed inside the gates. Didn't care for it and in Mexico we did the Dolphinaris experience, booked directly with them as Disney only allows the adults as observers.

Natalie was cruise director and we had Captain Fabian.

JW

We just booked the Fantasy for August but haven't sailed her since 2012. I recall that the Disney-specific evening shows weren't nearly as good as the Magic/Wonder's.
Can you tell me what Disney shows were which nights and which nights offered a variety show? I'm trying to decide which night to choose Palo.

Thanks!:goodvibes

"Fantasy Come True" on night 1
"Aladdin" was on night 2.
Magic Dave on night 3
"Wishes" was on night 4
Star Wars The Force Awakens shown on night 5
"Believe" was on night 6.
"An Unforgetable Journey" on night 7

We really liked "Fantasy Come True", "Aladdin", and "Believe"; "Wishes" not so much. We did not see the show on the last night. We went to Palo on night 2 and still had plenty of time to make "Aladdin".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter