Just off the Fantasy, 1st dcl cruise :-)

mama2mickeyfans

Mouseketeer
We had a great trip. Travelled with ds4 and dd1.5, dh, my mom and mil and fil. Everything was great! Only disappointment was the obb policy change and DS being 1/8" too short for aquaduck :-(
Oh and being "held up" at the restaurant at friars bay. Lol. Lesson learned- check prices AND currency and ask if they take credit beforehand... whoops :-)

Any questions let me know!

We sail on the Fantasy on Saturday. Can you tell me about the holiday events, please? How was the water temp at CC? Thanks!

We head out on the Fantasy on Dec 7 ! :cheer2:
Although I am super excited....lately I have been having anxiety over possible seasickness. I know there is no way to tell until the time comes, but how was your family's experience? Any seasick issues? Our party is myself, DH, (2) DS, & DD. Just curious. Sounds like you had a fantastic trip, I am very intrigued about the "held up" part :confused3

Holiday events- not too sure. Tree lighting ceremony was on day 1 I think. There may have been more but I wasn't noticing. Cc water temp was cool but not cold. Air was warm so water was hard to get in at first due to the difference but then felt great once you were in. I'm from michigan for reference so I swim in cold water though :-)

Seasickness- we had aft cabins so were prepared. We had decent swells for most of the trip, so bonine or similar was a must for all adults. Dh insisted he was fine until he got totally seasick all of a sudden. One tablet and an hour later he was fine. Kids were fine the whole time. Bonine 1-1.5 tabs / day kept us all happy.

The holdup- it was $91 usd for 2 sandwiches, a lunch plate, and 6 beers! Omg! And we were $10 short, (my mom didn't understand the pricing or the no cc when she ordered) so fortunately a nice couple on the beach leant us ten bucks! We got their address so will send something nice. Lol its funny now but wasn't at the time. :-)

Thanks for sharing your experiences. My wife, DS7 and DD3 will be going on our first DCL (or any cruise for that matter) on Nov 30th on the Fantasy. Any tips or advice that you think you can offer? I've read a lot already, but since you just left this particular ship, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. My wife, DS7 and DD3 will be going on our first DCL (or any cruise for that matter) on Nov 30th on the Fantasy. Any tips or advice that you think you can offer? I've read a lot already, but since you just left this particular ship, your input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Dont worry, relax, let the kids sleep when they're tired and you'll have a great time. Looks like we're on the same cruise this is our third our first was a 4 day on the Dream 3 years ago. Just remember the Bonine and start taking it the day before and hopefully you'll be great. We'll probably pass by each other on the ship at one time or another so just make sure to say hi. ;)

If you are really prone tosea sickness the patch works really well. I recommend trying the patch out at home to test for side effects. DH has extreme motion problems and the patch was wonderful.

daddyargue said:

What pp said- and set your expectations to your kids personalities. My dd1.5 is a huge handful so it was not relaxing for us, but I knew that going in. It was incredibly fun though! I can sleep when she's older lol.
Also, we prepared ds4 that he may be too short for the aquaduck, so he really was ok with not being allowed on it, I was shocked actually at how well he took it. Basically just try to prepare the kids and be easy going.
There is so much to do, you will never be bored and you will not get to everything! If the kiddo wanted to watch Dinosaur in the stateroom for the 5th time and he needs to hav some downtime, we let him :-)
One thing I did fail to factor in was dh's travel anxiety. I should've skipped the st maarten driving tour because that was too much stress.
Disney really does family travel right. They think of everything!

If you think of anything specific let me know :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter