Just off the Dream

Hope you made a Placeholder before disembarking. Would help ease the pain a bit!

Unfortunately for us we were not able to. My son just made a AAA hockey team for the 2019-2020 year. Which means a lot of travel for hockey. Since DH and I both want to take a longer cruise (hopefully to Alaska or on one of the new ships) it's going to be more than two years before we are able to set aside enough money for our next cruise so the $250 for a placeholder is going towards this years hockey season.

Off Dream on Friday as well. Gorgeous most perfect weather ever. Ship looks great and was smooth with no noticeable vibration.

Some notes -

Still fireworks at 10:30ish. Followed by Pirate buffet. A new bucaneer blast show for us, sort of a sing along.... Didn't care for it as much as the old "Pirates IN the Carribean" show.

Navigators at GS only... usually after 8 or 9pm for the next day. Still provided at the port check-in.

Had a 4 top assignment for 3 of us for first time. Seemed like they had more smaller party tables but could just be where we sat. Saw lots of smaller parties of 4.

Food and service were awesome. Good as ever. Pirates menu seemed a bit different to me.

Bathroom had H20+ Pumps. It was fine, earth friendly and more economical, tho i will say the product seemed a little less concentrated.

3 shows on 4 days with no repeats.

Overall i didn't witness or feel that service was declined. It was all still very top notch and as good as our first cruise 15 yrs ago.

I agree this trip was amazing. It was even better than our first cruise two years ago, which is why I miss being on board so much. Luckily I have my photos so I can get to work on my scrap book and start saving for the next cruise. We're hoping to do Alaska or maybe even one of the new ships in three years.

on our last disney dream cruise my son SOBBED the last night. I had to let him sleep with me (I very rarely do this) because he was sooooo upset. It is an emotional thing because it is so anticipated for people. Not everyone can afford to go on cruise after cruise and have it become old hat or no big deal... for some people it is the trip of a lifetime and it is very sad when it is done. I am fortunate to have another to look forward to (we are going on the Fantasy 2 years later, last cruise to use onboard discount!) but when I rebooked onboard and even booking opening day I wasn't sure financially I could swing it.

Disney does a great job with the nostalgia and sentimentality, add to the fact that we all live such busy lives and a luxury vacation like this is such a truly amazing thing - it's sad when it's over. Honestly I think it's weirder to not be emotional than it is to be emotional!

I agree this trip was amazing. It was even better than our first cruise two years ago, which is why I miss being on board so much. Luckily I have my photos so I can get to work on my scrap book and start saving for the next cruise. We're hoping to do Alaska or maybe even one of the new ships in three years.

Alaska is amazing. We did it 2 years ago. PM me if you want any info from our experience!

Unfortunately for us we were not able to. My son just made a AAA hockey team for the 2019-2020 year. Which means a lot of travel for hockey. Since DH and I both want to take a longer cruise (hopefully to Alaska or on one of the new ships) it's going to be more than two years before we are able to set aside enough money for our next cruise so the $250 for a placeholder is going towards this years hockey season.

Congratulations to your son! I totally understand. My oldest daughter did travel soccer and it was hard to get a in a cruise every 18 months with that. Now she is off to college to play soccer so it's just me and the little one.

Can someone please explain the details of the placeholder? I see it is $250, is that per person? And what is the onboard discount @Lisa F mentioned? Is it the placeholder fee? Anything Else I need to know about this before we cruise?

Can someone please explain the details of the placeholder? I see it is $250, is that per person? And what is the onboard discount @Lisa F mentioned? Is it the placeholder fee? Anything Else I need to know about this before we cruise?
It's $250 per placeholder(room).

If you book an actual reservation, or placeholder, for a future cruise while onboard, there are perks.

10% discount on cruise fare (not including taxes and fees). 10% deposit on cruises 7 nights and longer (10% calculated including taxes and fees). Onboard Credit (for future cruise) - $200 for cruises 7 nights and longer, $100 for cruises less than 7 nights.

It's $250 per placeholder(room).

If you book an actual reservation, or placeholder, for a future cruise while onboard, there are perks.

10% discount on cruise fare (not including taxes and fees). 10% deposit on cruises 7 nights and longer (10% calculated including taxes and fees). Onboard Credit (for future cruise) - $200 for cruises 7 nights and longer, $100 for cruises less than 7 nights.

Did the place holder plan change? I thought it was 10% off the deposite 7 nights or less and 20% of the deposite of 7 nights or more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter