Just off the Dream on 4/5

bwolfe

Mouseketeer
This was our first sailing on the larger ship. Honestly, it didn't seem crowded at all. DCL does everything so well. Our servers (Berny & Mahli) were some of the best we've ever had. Out stateroom attendant (Sighit) was incredible too.

We were nervous about the inside stateroom, having previously stayed in veranda rooms. We had no issues at all. It was smaller. However that was only inconvenient when we were getting ready for shows and dinner.

Finally, people's selfishness continues to disappoint me...however, I can only control me!

Looking at booking the 5 night double dip at Castaway Cay in 2020!

Watching people with no regard for others. For example:

A cast member reminded a parent that her kids needed to have shoes on while in Cabanas...the parents response, "yeah, I really don't care".
Watching people snap their fingers at cast members to get their attention.
Complaining to life guards about breaks.
AND...at least once a day the pools were closed to be cleaned as a result of an accident in the pool.

A cast member reminded a parent that her kids needed to have shoes on while in Cabanas...the parents response, "yeah, I really don't care".
AND...at least once a day the pools were closed to be cleaned as a result of an accident in the pool.

Gotcha, that would be crazy to watch. People should appreciate and be as polite as possible in my opinion.

"Watching people snap their fingers at cast members to get their attention."

Might be a cultural thing, but I don't see why this wrong.

(I totally agree with the other points mentioned though)

Why were you nervous about the inside stateroom? Nothing to be nervous about 18 out of my 22 has been in a inside stateroom.

(I totally agree with the other points mentioned though)

Definitely a cultural thing - wouldn't dream of doing it here in the US, but when I lived overseas it was the expected way to get someone's attention in that country. In another country I lived in you basically hissed at them to get their attention - another thing I would/could never do here in the US.

Why were you nervous about the inside stateroom? Nothing to be nervous about 18 out of my 22 has been in a inside stateroom.

I have some claustrophobic issues. I was worried that the lack of a true window would bother me.

We're doing the double dip in June and almost regretting we didn't go with and in$ide $tateroom!

This was our first sailing on the larger ship. Honestly, it didn't seem crowded at all. DCL does everything so well. Our servers (Berny & Mahli) were some of the best we've ever had. Out stateroom attendant (Sighit) was incredible too.

We were nervous about the inside stateroom, having previously stayed in veranda rooms. We had no issues at all. It was smaller. However that was only inconvenient when we were getting ready for shows and dinner.

Finally, people's selfishness continues to disappoint me...however, I can only control me!

Looking at booking the 5 night double dip at Castaway Cay in 2020!

EDIT: Nevermind... I see someone asked already. :)

Ewwww...

...and those are some of my pet peeves. Cast members are humans and deserve respect.

I saw parents refusing to have their kids wash their hands at the buffet during flu season. I stopped going to the buffet.

Snapping fingers at someone is absolutely rude. It implies that they do not deserve to be spoken to, instead.

Some cultures do not value treating all humans with respect. So in those cultures it could be socially acceptable to treat some people that way. That doesn't make it right.

Definitely a cultural thing - wouldn't dream of doing it here in the US, but when I lived overseas it was the expected way to get someone's attention in that country. In another country I lived in you basically hissed at them to get their attention - another thing I would/could never do here in the US.

I agree.

My husband and I were just talking about this the other night while we were dining out. He travels all over the world for his job and was comparing the dining experience in the US vs other countries - particularly in Europe. In the US, restaurants expect to turn a table over multiple times in the same night, and therefore your servers are going to be coming around, checking on you etc. It's partially to assure you are being taken care of, but also to speed you up and get you out the door. Usually just catching their eye as they walk by is enough to let them know you need something.

Other countries view dining as an entire evening's experience. Many restaurants assume you will be keeping that table for the evening, lingering over wine and conversation, etc. In a lot of places it's considered quite rude for the wait staff to be hovering and checking on you, as that is perceived as hurrying the guests up which is not appreciated. He noted that when you do need something from your server, you often have to be quite vocal about it as otherwise they just assume you're ok and leave you alone.

While I'd never snap my fingers at a server in the US, I wouldn't necessarily assume someone was just being a jerk if they did. While we all should take the time to research cultural differences before we travel to another a country, I think it's pretty natural that a lot of people are going to miss a few things here and there.

Last edited:
I saw parents refusing to have their kids wash their hands at the buffet during flu season. I stopped going to the buffet.

I lost count of the number of guests that I have seen that were refusing to clean their hands before entering the buffet.

Hey! How was the water at Castaway Cay? Warming up yet?

I was there last Friday. It was cool, but comfortable enough. The day itself was overcast and not very hot, which was just right when you were hanging out on the beach, but made the water seem just slightly too cold at times. But, we still swam for hours and weren't bothered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter