• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just need to vent on lack of availability for my Nov trip

It's nuts beginning late September. I subscribe to a service that alerts me to date availability (lags a bit because not real time searching) and I've gotten plenty of messages of availability opening and I've immediately checked the member site. I see the availability and in process of booking it goes away, snatched up by someone else. I've been doing this for other trips and I've never seen it so difficult to book. I'm currently on a OKW and SSRv split stay for studios. There's soooo much demand

But yet, the last few weeks, for the night of Dec 4, I found no studios at all open. Then I started looking at one bedrooms too. A week ago a found a one bedroom VALUE at Jumbo. I booked it. This morning I found a value studio at Jumbo. Cancelled the one bedroom. I thought it was impossible for a non home resort owner to find a value room.

My main goal it to get one more night at BLT lake view studio.
Not necessarily. You just have to have good timing. At some point, we may be cancelling a week-long November trip in an AKV value studio. Someone will be very happy if we do.

For anyone stalking Early Nov, I’m about to cancel a 7 night stay in a 1 bedroom at Jambo House (Standard view) Nov 9-16.

Done....And room is currently showing as available.

That’s why I stalk the website rather than totally trusting the waitlist. I got 3 nights at BLT at the end of September a couple weeks go. No availability after I booked it, so it had to be the only room. I suspect someone cancelled and the waitlist didn’t pick it up yet.

That is also Jersey week which is really popular anyway. Given the extra points and the ability for online learning, I have a feeling we have more people taking a longer trip than normal In larger rooms as well.

Actually Jersey week is the week before this year. I was originally going down for Jersey week, but then we changed to 11/7-11/12. As the original poster did, I waitlisted for a preferred studio at SSR (was at a standard studio at SSR) and it did come through.

As other posters have said, I was looking daily (multiple times, I confess) and for awhile all dates were available except for Thursday. It was very weird.

I think in addition to "Covid points" when you add in the 50th Anniversary, it is going to be a busy time!

Actually Jersey week is the week before this year. I was originally going down for Jersey week, but then we changed to 11/7-11/12. As the original poster did, I waitlisted for a preferred studio at SSR (was at a standard studio at SSR) and it did come through.

As other posters have said, I was looking daily (multiple times, I confess) and for awhile all dates were available except for Thursday. It was very weird.

I think in addition to "Covid points" when you add in the 50th Anniversary, it is going to be a busy time!

Oh that’s good! We are arriving Nov 6th for 10 days and I didn’t realize it was Jersey week, but sounds like we’ll miss it? 🤞

Not necessarily. You just have to have good timing. At some point, we may be cancelling a week-long November trip in an AKV value studio. Someone will be very happy if we do.
A bit back I had to cancel several days stay in akv value studio for the 50th (found out having another kid due in September after we had snagged it at 11 months). I assume I made someone’s day there too lol.

THursday is Veteran's Day

I had predicted getting a reservation at the 7 month window would be hard. I booked 5 different trips for 2021 all at the 11 month window and glad I did. Like others, we had a butt load of points this year. I did manage to add additional days to those reservations after booking too as booked cruises continue to get canceled forcing me to tweak my plans.

I believe there was at least one thread speculating on how the upcoming year or two or even maybe three would be tight on inventory as people were going to have a lot of points built up to use. It's also why the borrowing restrictions are in place.

Availability is crazy - i'm hoping this trend subsides in 2022 a bit.... We have another group trip planned for next May and will be hoping to score a VGF 2BR at the 7mo mark....
I think it will be tough next year too. As mentioned above, there are a lot of points that need to be used; we will be banking 500. We also walked a reservation at 7 months for the CCV cabins. If we hadn´t we would not have gotten all the days; I watched them disappear.

Check again--just saw on FB where people are seeing availablity in Oct and Nov where there was none before.

Appreciate everyone's thoughts here. I check multiple times a day. I'm just plain shocked the lack of 2BR - when some of them are PRICEY for this time period. Even with a gluttony of points, some of these rooms are pricey points wise....

Alas - I'll keep on keeping on. Hoping something will come through. My parents waitlist for that same week came through too (Poly Studio - lake view).

Appreciate everyone's thoughts here. I check multiple times a day. I'm just plain shocked the lack of 2BR - when some of them are PRICEY for this time period. Even with a gluttony of points, some of these rooms are pricey points wise....

Alas - I'll keep on keeping on. Hoping something will come through. My parents waitlist for that same week came through too (Poly Studio - lake view).
I believe at several resorts, all 2BRs are lock-offs. That means if all the studios are booked, there are no 2BRs available... only the "leftover" adjoining 1BRs.

There are some people with lots of points, like us, who had to use them or lose them, so we got bigger or better places

I believe at several resorts, all 2BRs are lock-offs. That means if all the studios are booked, there are no 2BRs available... only the "leftover" adjoining 1BRs.
What resorts have all lock-offs for a two bedroom? Wouldn't that put younger kids in the 2nd bedroom, with it's own entry door.. at risk?

At OKW all studios and one bedrooms are part of a lock-off, but there are also dedicated 2 bedroom units. There are no dedicated studios or one bedrooms.

You know with the over abundance of points because of this, it would be nice if Disney temporarily lowered the requirements of Adventures by Disney and Disney Collection. While I always prefer to stay at a DVC resort, I have often wanted to stay in a Boardwalk Inn bungalow or maybe a moderate. If moderates were like 10 points a night, you could burn up a lot of points.
Or maybe halve the points for a cruise or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter