• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just need to vent on lack of availability for my Nov trip

SuzGM84

Mouseketeer
Booked a 2BR Preferred at our home resort at SSR for the week of 11/6-11/13. Right at 7 months, tried to switch it to another resort - ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER 2BR AVAILABLE. And I mean nothing. Not even other SSR rooms! Waitlisted two resorts (CC and BLT Lake View) and check multiple times a day. Praying for a miracle! My parents were fortunate enough to get their Poly wait list come through for that week...

UGH - the gluttony of points is ruining my chances of staying near MK :(

That is why it is important to buy where you want to stay most often. I walked a two bedroom and Grand Villa at OKW for over a month just to be sure I had them for Thanksgiving Week this year. I've never walked reservations before, but it was obvious I probably needed to do so this year with the glut of points in the system. I'm going to walk a OKW one bedroom for June 2022 as well, and then try to change to a Kidani Savanah View at 7 months, but I'm not overly optomistic.

Last edited:
That is why it is important to buy where you want to stay most often. I walked a two bedroom and Grand Villa at OKW for over a month just to be sure I had them for Thanksgiving Week this year. I've never walked reservations before, but it was obvious I probably needed to do so this year with the glut of points in the system. I'm going to walk am OKW one bedroom for June 2022 as well, and then try to change to a Kidani Savanah View at 7 months, but I'm not overly optomistic.

May the odds ever be in your favor!

I totally get the buy where you want - and we're totally OK with SSR, we just want to also be able to try new things. And we're bringing friends - one who has never been to WDW - and was really hoping to be able to WOW them with seeking MK from BLT or the lobby of WL during the holidays!

Yeah, I'm not surprised. I had a DVC owner waitlist a few days in November for me originally. Nothing. I let him know to cancel the waitlist since we made other plans.

November is always tough but (after the January COVID peak) this year has been as difficult to book as I've seen.

I looked at November and saw for some strange reason that two beds are available at OKW except for every Thursday. Strange.

Availability is crazy - i'm hoping this trend subsides in 2022 a bit.... We have another group trip planned for next May and will be hoping to score a VGF 2BR at the 7mo mark....

May the odds ever be in your favor!

I totally get the buy where you want - and we're totally OK with SSR, we just want to also be able to try new things. And we're bringing friends - one who has never been to WDW - and was really hoping to be able to WOW them with seeking MK from BLT or the lobby of WL during the holidays!

Thanks. I love OKW, and I've stayed there more than 50 times over the last 29 years, so if I don't get Kidani. I'll still be happy...but I've always wanted to try a Savanah room.

After delaying our large family trip twice last year, I actually started walking for a our BWV Grand Villa reservations for Nov 2021 last fall, a few months before the 11-month mark. Don’t walk often, and it was real pain to move that reservation every 6 days for over 2 months but now am sure glad we did. Have never seen DVC availability this tight in over 20 years. Hope you have some magic and get what you want!

Keep trying. Keep the web page open on your phone and check every time you have a spare minute. And especially, make sure to check first thing when you wake up early; this is when I have had most success in snagging reservations. It's annoying but in my experience it is very likely that between now and November you will be able to switch into what you want.

Yeah we've been trying to switch the last 2 nights of our trip to another resort in December, and offerings are ...none, lol. Right now we're in a GV for 5 nights, switching back to a 2BR for the last 2. I'd rather stay at a 2BR at another resort so even if it's a space downgrade it's a change of scenery. Ah well, we'll keep searching!

That is why it is important to buy where you want to stay most often. I walked a two bedroom and Grand Villa at OKW for over a month just to be sure I had them for Thanksgiving Week this year. I've never walked reservations before, but it was obvious I probably needed to do so this year with the glut of points in the system. I'm going to walk am OKW one bedroom for June 2022 as well, and then try to change to a Kidani Savanah View at 7 months, but I'm not overly optomistic.

This is an extreme year. If EVERY year were like this I would have purchased a different home resort too. But normally at least, we book wherever we want just fine at 7 months(Always 1-bedroom never studios or GVs). Heck I switched 1 bedroom three times in the last 60 days for a 6 night June stay with waitlisting. This year is just nuts. OKW and SSTR are even mostly booked the rest of the year.

But yet, the last few weeks, for the night of Dec 4, I found no studios at all open. Then I started looking at one bedrooms too. A week ago a found a one bedroom VALUE at Jumbo. I booked it. This morning I found a value studio at Jumbo. Cancelled the one bedroom. I thought it was impossible for a non home resort owner to find a value room.

My main goal it to get one more night at BLT lake view studio.

Booked a 2BR Preferred at our home resort at SSR for the week of 11/6-11/13. Right at 7 months, tried to switch it to another resort - ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER 2BR AVAILABLE. And I mean nothing. Not even other SSR rooms! Waitlisted two resorts (CC and BLT Lake View) and check multiple times a day. Praying for a miracle! My parents were fortunate enough to get their Poly wait list come through for that week...

That particular week has always been difficult.

You put a waitlist in for an entire week?

We were going to go in November, around Thanksgiving, but there wasn't availability for all the dates we wanted and airfare was prohibitive, so we are going to do a road trip instead and just make our February trip a bit longer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter