• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just need to talk

booh

Earning My Ears
I don't post much, but I am on here every day reading. Anyway, I just need to talk, and there is nobody home to listen, so I figured I'd turn to my Dis family (and I truly feel that you are family). In 2001, I lost my best friend to ovarian cancer. She was diagnosed in March and passed in April. I thought it was the hardest thing I would ever have to face, until I came home from the hospital and called my mother to tell her my friend was gone. My mother then told me she had just found out she had lung cancer.

The following May, my mother passed, although the doctors had sworn she was cured - she was of the cancer in her lungs, they just missed that it had gone to her bones and brain. Part of me died with her, but my dear husband and family helped me hold it together. Then, last January. my dear brother-in-law lost his battle with esophogeal cancer. A few months later my father was diagnosed with the same thing, and, thankfully, only suffered a week before we lost him.

Two days ago I got an email from someone that I care very deeply for. All he said was that he had been to the doctor and was given morphine, and sees the oncologist tomorrow. He had not even told me he was sick, and now I cannot get in touch with him - he lives in Alabama and I am in SC.. I cannot lose someone else I love to this stupid cancer!!!! Please, if it is not too much trouble, say a prayer for Michael, and, if you don't mind, maybe say one for me that I can hold myself together. We leave Sunday for a week at Disney which I really need, but I am so worried about my friend that I don't know if I can have a good time or not.

Thank you for reading, and for any prayers you can give.

Please know you are in my prayers as well as your friend Michael.

The losses we go through can be so draining and painful. I wish you peace and the gentle blessings of God.

Colleen

That is an awful lot to deal with. :hug:I will certainly pray for Michael and your family.

Please know we are here for you anytime you need :grouphug: Sometimes just writing it out, and knowing others are there helps a great deal. I believe so.

:hug: Prayers for your friend Michael and praying Gods peace and comfort for you.

Way too much to deal with, hopefully you are doing ok and trying to just live your life with all that around you.. hugs.

Thank you, everyone! Your kind words and prayers mean a lot! I am doing better today - just going to take one day at a time. We leave for a week at Disney on Sunday, so I will be able to escape for a little while! Michael won't get his test results back until next week sometime, so until then all I can do is pray and wait.

Thanks again - Dis folks are a wonderful group of people that I am proud to call friends!

I hope you have a wonderful trip to Disney. Please know my thoughts and prayers continue with you.

Peace.
Colleen

I am so sorry for your losses. :hug: I will keep you and your friend in my prayers. Have a wonderful trip to Disney!

Lots for you to deal with. Know how you feel. Lost my 28 year old son-in-law in March and my heart is breaking too. Can't stand to see my precious baby girl going through this PLUS all the medical bills we're facing. He had insurance but after a year of "out of pocket"; "non-covered charges" and "out of network providers", the bills have really piled up. I would LOVE to take my "baby girl" to Disney World to just get away but we just can't afford it right now. I want to put a smile on her face again but know it's going to take time to do that. Also lost a good friend to breast cancer a few weeks ago. I, too, have turned to my DIS family to take my mind off of things. Sure makes the sleepless nights go by faster!
Hope your trip is a great one. My guess is, it will be. You can't help but smile at The Happiest Place On Earth! The only place in the world that you can truly forget your troubles!

Wow! That's so much for one person to have to go through! I'll definitely say a prayer for you and your friend. I can relate a little to how you're feeling. About four years ago, my grandmother, my step father, and my uncle were all diagnosed with cancer. Grandma had lung cancer, step dad had esophogeal cancer, and uncle had it in his kidney. The only one I still have is my uncle (the surgery was a success). Then within the last year my aunt was diagnosed with breast cancer and my other uncle was diagnosed with cancer in his kidney. They're both doing fine right now, but the fact that it was there and it could come back is so scary. I'm 38 years old and the only other person I had ever lost to cancer was my grandpa back in 1986. So, now I'm angry that all of this cancer is popping up in my loved ones. It's such a horrible disease and a sneaky disease! Anyway, just wanted to let you know, you're not alone....there are many others who can relate to what you're going through. Not that it makes it any easier, but just so you know you have people to talk to about it who understand.

I'm praying for you and your friend. Know that we're here for you because at some point in time, we all have or will face multiple illnesses with family and friends. It's just good to have a shoulder to lean on and know that others hold us in prayer during these difficult times.

Your story reminds me of the time that we had a WDW trip planned and my Dad died suddenly three weeks before. My first instinct was to cancel but the rest of the family said not to, particularly since my kids had been looking forward to it for so long. I found it was just the escape we all needed. I hope that your vacation had the same results.

Please let us know how your friend is doing. You've had some tragic losses to cope with. I'll be praying that this latest cancer victim in your life is able to beat this dreaded disease. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter