Just Moved Our June Trip to Spring Break.... AAHH BOG

jsanders82

Mouseketeer
Due to my husbands PTO restrictions, we had to move our June trip to Spring Break, March 16 - 23. To say I'm kinda freaked, yep, that would be my feeling. I know it will be busy but I just told myself, at least the weather will be great.

I'm behind the ball on ADR's. It actually wasn't too hard getting exactly what I wanted. I booked PP BOG at 8:25. Thinking this will be great for a quick start. Anyone gone during Spring Break and if so, was this a good advantage? Also, can all 5 of us order from the kids meal?

Don't have a place yet but we will be staying offsite. Now to find a place to sleep :)

This is not Easter Spring Break so I don't think crowds will be bad. We have to go during Easter spring break and crowds are busy but planning ahead let's us have a great trip! Go for rope drop...leave after lunch to swim...go back 6ish and close it down! With smart planning we ride all the favorite rides with minimal waits. We get the touring plans lines app for wait times and just enjoy. If it gets too busy...pool time.

I would encourage staying on site. Look/Google agency exclusives for Disney and get quotes. Saved us $500.

I hope you're correct. I kind of took it as a good sign that every restaurant was available for the time I wanted. I was surprised that BOG was PPO.

We have 5 of us so it's harder to stay onsite. Plus we want a full kitchen. I'll look in to it though.

BOG is a signature with a set menu and I’m pretty sure adults have to order adult meals (for dinner at least) breakfast and lunch are quick serve and everyone can order kids meals

If you want a kitchen....yes better off site.

I hope you're correct. I kind of took it as a good sign that every restaurant was available for the time I wanted. I was surprised that BOG was PPO.

We have 5 of us so it's harder to stay onsite. Plus we want a full kitchen. I'll look in to it though.

DS and I shared a kids meal at BOG breakfast. We aren’t huge breakfast eaters and with the tray of pastry we had more than enough to eat. We were on the first train when SDMT opened.

We went spring break last year and loved it. It was crowded but it didn’t stop us from enjoying ourselves. We arrived pretty early and did our fast passes, booked a table service lunch for a break and then headed back to the resort early afternoon to rest and have pool time. I think it’s all in your expectations and we went with the mindset of having fun and just seeing how it went. We’re not park commandos and never feel like we have “to do it all.” I think that helped us just shrug and go back to the hotel when the crowds were too much.

I appreciate the feedback. Before with June, I was on schedule. Now, I'm a little overwhelmed with March. It'll be a great trip though.

I feel so lost on where to stay. WBC was my choice for June but now with moving it up, trying to save a few dollars.

We have mostly gone during Spring Break in Mid March. I prefer this to June anytime. The times we have gone in the summer it was very humid and rainy. We have always have great weather in March and the crowds seem to be the same to me as summer time.

Thanks for the encouragement. In my head, Spring Break is the second busiest time of the year which is why we had originally nixed that time frame.

My brother and his family are going to be able to go with us. We lost a few family members with the date change but the kids are excited.

Spring break will be more crowded than June. The past couple of years, summer has become significantly less busy, with much lower crowds than in the past. However, even though March will be more crowded, not having to deal with the summer heat can make up for it. If you're smart and have a plan, you can navigate the crowds, but there's not too much you can do about the heat. Plus, you'll have Flower and Garden in Epcot, which is a great time to be there.

If you haven't booked a room somewhere yet, join the Mousesavers newsletter. There are some GREAT deals to be had through them on suites with full kitchens at resorts right outside WDW. We used it to book a great deal on a 1 BR full kitchen suite at Sheraton Vistana Resort a few years ago.

We stay at Windsor Hills and love it and it's only 5 minutes from Animal Kingdom. The houses and townhouses each have their own pools. We love staying on property, but love having a kitchen and the extra space that the small rooms onsite don't have.

Due to my husbands PTO restrictions, we had to move our June trip to Spring Break, March 16 - 23. To say I'm kinda freaked, yep, that would be my feeling. I know it will be busy but I just told myself, at least the weather will be great.

I'm behind the ball on ADR's. It actually wasn't too hard getting exactly what I wanted. I booked PP BOG at 8:25. Thinking this will be great for a quick start. Anyone gone during Spring Break and if so, was this a good advantage? Also, can all 5 of us order from the kids meal?

Don't have a place yet but we will be staying offsite. Now to find a place to sleep :)
Yes, adults can order kids meals at breakfast. Everyone doesn’t have to order something as long as someone does. You can just get a coffee. You can just get a cupcake. Order anything from any menu.

Also be aware what is PPO now may not be in March. They can and will change hours based on attendance so unless it is already an Extra Morning Magic (not Magic Hour for on-site guests) you are not guaranteed it will stay PPO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter