Just made reservations at Blue Bayou

carmel

<font color=blue>Kept thinking it was 'Snow White'
I'm getting excited. We are going on a cruise in December but decided to do a 'quick and dirty' visit to DL the day before we sail. We are hitting the highlights. DH, me and 2DDs have been there before but my parents haven't. We are taking them to see the highlights.

They wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou so I just got reservations! Yipee :banana:

I have a few questions. I made the reservations for 3pm (although we will probably be there at around 2:30). What time do they go off of the lunch menu?

My dad has a sensitive stomach (I know, lots of cajun spice there but it was their choice :confused3 ). I think he would love the chowder in the sourdough bowl. I don't see that on the menu as a main course. Is it? Is it only an appetizer?

I haven't been really excited yet because we are only going to be at the park for about 10 hrs (and that is if we stay until closing which will be 3am our time!) I have to have my expectations low because I know we can't do everything we want to do.

We will be there on 12/9 (Saturday). I know this is during the 'low' season but it will be a Saturday. I'm hoping the locals decide to go to the beach that day and not come to DL :joker:

I havent been to DL yet but i just wanted to say have a great time when you go :santa: :santa:

Dying to know what a "quick and dirty" visit entails...if you can discuss it on a family board!!! :rotfl:

You are right to keep your expectations realistic. As much as we love BB, you will lose about 2 touring hours to that meal! From my memory, the clam chowder is served in a soup bowl, not a breadbowl, and is an appetizer.

In my experience, Saturdays are always busy. However, at the holidays, there is so much ambience to take in, you may not even mind!

carmel said:
I made the reservations for 3pm (although we will probably be there at around 2:30). What time do they go off of the lunch menu?

We will be there on 12/9 (Saturday). I know this is during the 'low' season but it will be a Saturday. I'm hoping the locals decide to go to the beach that day and not come to DL :joker:

Hey Carmel...Dinner menu doesnt come on till 4pm so your fine there...but as far as the crowds..your going on a saturday which is busy all year round no matter what season we're in...so go expecting large crowds :confused3

Yeah, I kinda thought the crowds would be bad. This started out as a fly-into-LAX-stay-in-LA-county and then board the ship on Sunday. Then, my mom started saying that she would give anything to visit DL. We thought, 'why not?'

We are not even getting tix to DCA as we are going to concentrate on Fantasyland and NOS.

To make matters worse, the airline pushed our original flight ahead about 45 minutes so we lose time there.

Oh well, it will be fun even if we only get to eat there, ride POC, IASW and HM.

carmel said:
. . . I'm hoping the locals decide to go to the beach that day and not come to DL
Okay, I'll go to the beach.

Woody

Is there a place where I can see the menu for BB? Where in the park is BB located?

BB is 'inside' the Pirates of the Caribbean. There are lots of menus floating around. I got mine here
http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/drrnos.htm
Prices may vary slightly but you can get a good idea of what is offered and how much it is.

Oops, I'm not sure I can link to an outside website. If that is not allowed, I'm sorry! Feel free to take it off my post!

Thanks!

carmel said:
BB is 'inside' the Pirates of the Caribbean. There are lots of menus floating around. I got mine here
http://www.mouseplanet.com/drr/drrnos.htm
Prices may vary slightly but you can get a good idea of what is offered and how much it is.
Thanks!

That menu is outdated. They redid the menu earlier this year and changed some things and raised the prices. Here's the current lunch menu: http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DisneylandMenus/bluebayou/bluebayoulunch.html
Here's the current dinner menu: http://www.dlresortinfo.com/DisneylandMenus/bluebayou/bluebayoudinner.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter