Just made my BOG lunch fp+. Whoo Hooo!! But, what to eat?

MsMagical

Mouseketeer
So, I was finally able to make our BOG lunch fp for our trip in late February and I got all excited! And...then I looked at the menu and realized, uh, I'm not sure what I'm gonna eat. Did the menu get smaller since September?

Anyway, my question for all you BOG lunch lovers is - what is your favorite on the menu and why do you love it?

We are going no matter what because my 5 year old daughter LOVES Belle and the theme inside makes her feel so special, like a princess (her words).

Thanks in advance!

I loved the steak sandwich last February but don't think it's on the menu anymore :( my children LOVED the Mickey meatloaf and ate every bit of it. The strawberry cupcake is so YUMMY!!
I have a question do you use 1 of your FP+ allotments for the lunch??

We just got our FP+ for Feb 7. Yeah!!

This was our favorite CS when we went in Oct. We had the braised pork, the turkey sandwich and 2 cupcakes (strawberry and the one with the gray stuff). We shared it between the 4 of us (kids were 7 and 2). We had plenty to eat and it was soooo good. My kids are not picky eaters and this meal was right up their alley.

I just went last week and honestly, struggled a bit with the menu. I'm trying to choose healthier choices, leaving off fried food, heavy creams and lots of starches. Not all day, but as much as possible. I was sorta perplexed when I saw the calories counts. Yikes..

BUT....I asked, once there, if I could change my choices (yes, they say!) and choose from the child's menu instead! The child's had a smaller portion of braised pork, string beans lightly sauteed, and mashed sweet potatoes. It was the perfect portion, I was totally full and it was much cheaper! I also got to choose a child's portion at Tony's. Again, I was FULL afterwards.

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

I loved the steak sandwich last February but don't think it's on the menu anymore :( my children LOVED the Mickey meatloaf and ate every bit of it. The strawberry cupcake is so YUMMY!!
I have a question do you use 1 of your FP+ allotments for the lunch??

I was thinking meatloaf for my kids too. Is it big enough to share between a 5 year old and and 2 year old or better to get each their own?

To answer your question: No, it is a different system from the attractions fast passes and it is still in "testing" so it doesn't show up on your MDE and is located at a completely different website.

I just went last week and honestly, struggled a bit with the menu. I'm trying to choose healthier choices, leaving off fried food, heavy creams and lots of starches. Not all day, but as much as possible. I was sorta perplexed when I saw the calories counts. Yikes..

BUT....I asked, once there, if I could change my choices (yes, they say!) and choose from the child's menu instead! The child's had a smaller portion of braised pork, string beans lightly sauteed, and mashed sweet potatoes. It was the perfect portion, I was totally full and it was much cheaper! I also got to choose a child's portion at Tony's. Again, I was FULL afterwards.

Just a thought. :rolleyes:

I was considering the kids menu. I can't eat diary and have to limit my carbs so when on vacation I try to make smart choices without limiting everything. Portion size is a great way to do this. I think the braised pork is top on the list right now for me. Thank you for your help!

Just ate there on Saturday and it was one of my favorite meals. My friend and I both had the turkey sandwich with fries and the strawberry cupcake! The turkey sandwich was SO good...it was real turkey meat (not deli style). I'm craving that sandwich right now!!

I was thinking meatloaf for my kids too. Is it big enough to share between a 5 year old and and 2 year old or better to get each their own? To answer your question: No, it is a different system from the attractions fast passes and it is still in "testing" so it doesn't show up on your MDE and is located at a completely different website.

My 5 and 2 year old shared the meatloaf with no problem plus they ate some of ours.

Just ate here on Monday...not very good we had the roast beef sandwich and braised pork...pork was very good, but I think they skimped on the roast beef all bread. Had the chocolate cupcake was good and the one with the grey stuff was very dry!!! We also had the potato leek soup. It is self order for lunch and they locate you to deliver the food it took 28 minutes for food delivery and the waiter/food delivery person come over 3 times to our table to see if we got food, had to be reordered...would not go here again..definitely not worth the money!!!

I get the childs pork with green beans and sweet potatoes and then either the strawberry or lemon cupcake, sooooo good! DH likes the croque Monsieur.

The grilled ham and cheese was really good! I think it is calle dthe Croque Monseure or something like that. We also got the turkey sandwich which was ok but kind of bland, just turkey, mayo, lettuce. The strawberry cheesecake cupcake is amazing! But honestly the atmosphere is worth it all by itself, especially at lunch with all three rooms open. We just sat at the first table we saw when we went, but, make sure you look around in all three rooms and find which one you like best. We also don't count calories or worry about carbs on vacation because we are on vacation. So your choices may vary based on that. Either way enjoy it, it is a great place to eat.

I, too, recommend the braised pork and chocolate cream puff. So good!
I also tried the child's braised pork with the sweet potatoes. It was good, but not nearly enough food for me. The serving size they gave me was truly child size--young child. I know others said it filled them up, so they must have had a more generous serving size.
Go with the adult braised pork.

I think I'm going to have to go with the braised pork next month! I have my FP+ for BOG lunch, but didn't pre-order our food yet because I wanted to hear what everyone liked there. Thanks for the input!

I have been trying for weeks to make a FP+ res for BOG lunch. Am I using the right website? It keeps telling me "Error: Thank you for participating. Please try again later. If you continue to encounter this message, you can seek further assistance at the Lobby Concierge desk at your Walt Disney World resort or upon arrival at the Be Our Guest restaurant."

I am using this site:
https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com

I am trying from a MAC, using both Firefox and Safari browsers. :confused3

I had the Croquette monsieur and it was awesome. Wife had the runs salad and wished she had something else. Kids had the peek and it was moist and flavorful. Shared the French onion soup and would skip that as outback has a better one.

I had the quiche and French onion soup. Quiche was flavorless, soup was watery and flavorless. I would not order either again. Hubby and daughter each had the Croque Monsieur. They liked it, but said it was just a glorified ham and cheese sandwich. Grey stuff cupcake was ok ... just a cupcake to us. :confused3

It's a beautiful place, and the ordering system was interesting. Having the staff find you with GPS or whatever was cool. Regardless, we won't soon be back. I will probably never cheat on my beloved Columbia Harbor House again.

I have been trying for weeks to make a FP+ res for BOG lunch. Am I using the right website? It keeps telling me "Error: Thank you for participating. Please try again later. If you continue to encounter this message, you can seek further assistance at the Lobby Concierge desk at your Walt Disney World resort or upon arrival at the Be Our Guest restaurant." I am using this site: https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com I am trying from a MAC, using both Firefox and Safari browsers. :confused3

I'm having a similar experience. Until Thursday, I was able to login and see openings 7 days out. Then on Thursday, I started getting "invalid email or password" errors. Others I am traveling with get the same message. I've created a new account and then got the message you quote above. I've tried Macs, pc's, IE, Safari, Google Chrome & Firefox --- no luck with any. VERY frustrating. With others able to access & book for February except for my family, I feel like Disney's blocking us!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter