Just how busy is Universal on Thanksgiving Day?

Babs1975

Loves Eeyore
So are we talking Disney busy on Thanksgiving Day? Is it doable? Or should we avoid? We usually have done Universal on a day the week after Thanksgiving when crowds are historically low. What is it like on Thanksgiving Day? It is unfortunately the only day we can fit it in this trip. Not sure if we should try it or if it would just be too busy?? For reference, I would not do a Disney park on Thanksgiving. I just don't like those type of crowds. Is it the same at Universal? Thanks for your insight!

I don't know yet. I will tell you when we do it this year:D According to Touring Plans, it's supposed to be a 9 out of 10. However, crowds may feel different at Universal than some of the WDW parks due to the actual park sizes.

I don't know about Thanksgiving day but by the Tues before the crowds were starting to ramp up last year. They put out extended queue ropes at Minions Tues morning so clearly they were expecting the crowds to increase considerably.

We were there in 2015 for the week of Thanksgiving. During this week we did 1 day at MK on Monday of that week. MK was soooooo crazy crowded I can't even describe it. Universal was crowded but nowhere near MK crowds. We will be back this year again and I am expecting more crowds but not as crazy as I saw at MK that one day.

Also, the Touring Plans rating is relative to the crowds that the park usually sees. So, it's not based upon the capacity of the park, but based upon the most crowded that it's ever seen. So, if Universal parks don't get close to capacity, then a 9 or 10 at them is way better than a 9 or 10 at WDW. Also, I suspect Thanksgiving, xmas, and NYE are actually an 11 at MK, but TP only gives them a 10. I don't think I have ever heard of Universal closing due to capacity. Even when the Wizarding World of Harry Potter sections have opened, they kept most people outside of the park in Citywalk while waiting in line to get into those lands, kind of like how Pandora affected AK but most of the rest of AK was tolerable.

It is pretty crowded, but not horrible. Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving seemed way worse to me the past two years. I think Friday and Saturday get more day trippers. Don't get me wrong - it is still plenty crowded. But it never seemed ridiculous.

To be honest, thinking back I always find Hogsmeade to be the most crowded area. My mom was a month out from having a double knee replacement when we went in 2015 and had a scooter to help her out with the walking. The only area we had issues with was Hogsmead but I think that is honestly just because of how it is laid out. I guess we will see this year how the crowds compare.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter