• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just how bad is the "new" Garden Grill???

shoots

Earning My Ears
Hi,
On the posts many people are saying things like "I've heard Garden Grill is not as good...", but it never seems to be direct from the mouths of people who have actually tried it in the last few days or month.

I would love to hear what people who have JUST RECENTLY visited actually think. I mean, I love Chef Mickeys but it's more for the character interaction than for the food.

I was hoping to start our July 29th vacation with dinner at Garden Grill so we could visit with the characters right off the bat.

Any comments from recent diners would be appreciated (including how the character interaction is or what table area would be best to try for)

2 weeks and counting!!!! :cool1:

Thanks for posting that thread and it confirmed my worst fears. This was a favorite of my entire family, so much so that my mother asked if we could go there on this upcoming trip. She sounded so disappointed when I explained the changes. So off to LTT we go.

I too have been really concerned about this. But going to reserve judgement until I actually try it myself.

There are a lot who are not big fans of the luau and I kind of like it. So I guess when I come back in October I will find out how I really like it and how my opinions compare with others.

I liked the old GG...we dined there on a few trips but did not add it to our adr's for this upcoming October. The menu seems very "upscale" sounding, small, & rather expensive. I also don't like having one choice for dessert. What if you don't like chocolate fondue?????? :confused3

We will just avoid GG unless they re-do the menu. No ice cream social.. :sad2:

As annual passholders, my husband and I have visited WDW often in the last couple of years. One of our absolute favorites used to be Garden Grill, and we ALWAYS made a point to eat there each trip. We felt the food was always delicious and homey (consistantly one of the BEST meals we always had each visit), the atmosphere pleasant, and the character interaction fun. We would pick up at fast pass for Living With the Land ride before dining so that we could ride after our meal, allowing time for our food to settle.

We were skepical about the menu changes, but decided not to pass judgement until we'd had a chance to experience the new menu ourselves. We ate there on our May 2005 trip, and sadly, I think it was to be our last meal ever at the Garden Grill. In our opinion, the "upscale" menu changes were NOT to our liking. The food was less-than-homey, the vegetables nearly non-exisitant. Although the dessert platter was delicious and the character interaction was still wonderful, they just couldn't make up for the disappointing meal. I was so sad because we used to absolutely love our meals at Garden Grill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter