Just Hold On, We're Going Home...All 11 of Us Are Going to Mickeystoontown's Home! Update 10/27

I know it's an adventure with going into the parks with eleven people but it can be so much fun. We usually travel with between thirteen and fifteen us of.

It's nice seeing you and your daughter back together.

Great update and I hope they found the answers for you mom.

I constantly have issues with Dis. Ever since they changed the format it only works error free about 30% of the time for me.
I love how excited all the newbies were. I am glad they had a good time.

It sounds like y'all had an amazing trip! Big groups like that are challenging, but fun. We travelled with a group of 13 (ranging from age 2 to 72) in 2012--a completely different experience from traveling with 3 or 4! Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip :)

Not seeing a Mickeystoontown TR post for awhile can get me worried.
Hope all is okay with your mom and that you are just being a busy gal.
I've followed you for years and have always enjoyed that you'd have the next year's trip done while finishing the last TR:laughing:
It was a continuous adventure with you.
Was anxious to see what the veteran Lisa will do with her newbies and now I'm wondering if you did anything special for Hunters grad trip in 2016?

Doing this must take some work and time that sometime there just isn't enough to go around
Just wanted you to know I do check in here and will be here when and if you do come back.:hug:

Hi Lisa, Just getting back to the boards after a long absence. Your planning and trip reports were the first thing I looked for. There isn't much that is current. I'm hoping you and your family are ok!

Lisa posted on the CBR page that her boss suddenly passed away and her husbands company closed it doors so they were having a time of it. Not heard from her since. Hope you get back soon Lisa and praying for you and family x

I just got in touch with Lisa to let her know that some of her friends are concerned that she hasn't posted to this thread lately. Thing have been super busy for her and her family since getting back from her trip last year. As was mentioned above, Lisa's boss passed away suddenly just as she returned from this trip and she has been working two jobs PLUS starting up a travel agency since then. Family is doing well, Mama keeps on keeping on. Lisa said she would try to come by to say hello tomorrow.

Thank you all for thinking of Lisa and her family!

Dee

:grouphug:

Last edited:
Hello humans! Can I just say that I absolutely love love love my Dis friends?!?! Y'all are so very sweet to be thinking about me and wondering why in the world I have disappeared. Thank you so much Dee for letting everybody know that we are still alive and kicking.

Let me give y'all a rundown on my life since June, 2016. It's gonna read like a dang Lifetime Channel movie but it's my real life.

1) We went to Walt Disney World for two weeks and the day we returned home (Sunday), I received the call that my boss had been found dead. To say that it was a blow is an understatement. Not only had a lost one of my best friends of 30+ years, I had lost a job.

2) On Wednesday at lunch, I was on the phone with John to let him know that my boss's family had asked me to stay on and help close out the office however long that took. It was temporary but it was better than having no job at all. When I said the word "temporary" John said "me too". I thought that he was playing one of his jokes on me but he wasn't joking. He had a job until Thursday. The next day! His boss hadn't let any of them know that he was shutting the doors until that same week. He gave them less than a week's notice. John didn't tell me about his job loss until Wednesday because I was already so stressed out. He got a job working with his boss's brother (he had worked for them before) and started the very next week. But, he and his boss had a couple of knock down-drag out fights which caused a lot of stress. Instead of acting like a boss, his boss was acting like a bully and it ruined their 20+ year friendship.

3) Two months after my boss died, one of his friends (and mine as well) asked me to come to work for him. I can't tell you how much of a relief that was. I was kinda sorta afraid that I'd have problems finding a job. Why? Well, my former boss had a reputation of being an A hole. A big one. And, while I know that shouldn't matter when it came to me looking for a job, it would have. I know! I know! Why? This is a semi-small town. People either loved my boss dearly or they absolutely hated him. I was associated with that and it mattered to some, actually to a lot of potential employers. Thankfully, my new boss is well like by most and he and I get along great. I'm still learning his way of doing things and this place is busy all day long but I like it.

4)
My boss has been dead for 8 months and I am STILL doing odds and ends over at the other office. His family was very very dependent upon my former boss and they expected me to take his place. Last week, I pretty much told them that I am done. Stick a fork in me done. All that I am going to be doing now on is the monthly billing to clients and the occasional picking up of files if a prior client wants their file that is in storage. I'm just too tired to keep doing two jobs.Now if I were getting paid two salaries, the tiredness would be worth it. Nope the income has dwindled down to a measly $100 a month from the old job which is NOT what we agreed to.

5) A month or so before going on vacation, I became a travel agent! I was determined to come back from vacation and go full steam ahead on getting my Facebook page all set up and start booking clients. Then, freaking life happened and that got put on the side burner. But, I've been booking clients for a while now and am loving it! I can book anything Disney, anything Universal, have clients honeymooning in Jamaica, and folks going to Alaska and Vegas. Y'all need a vacation booked, just call a sista up!

6) Mama fell around Thanksgiving and we still haven't figured out what is causing her dizziness. She has just about stopped driving herself anywhere. As a matter of fact, I can probably count on one hand the times that she has driven since then. You all can probably guess who the responsibility falls to.

7) John's insurance has been stressing us out because they want to change up his meds. They don't like paying almost $3000 a month for medications that he has to have. So, we've changed up a few things and, as a matter of fact, I literally had to stop typing this to talk to the pharmacy administrator with the insurance to get two of his meds filled.

Let's see is there a #8? Probably but I can't think of it right now. Oh wait, yes I can. I have had two people near to me pass away within the last few months.

So, there you have it. Those are the reasons that I haven't been on the Dis much. I have three clients waiting on quotes right now but I think that I'll try to get back on here...minus the reasons for my absence.....and pick up where I left off. All of my pictures were on my old office computer and I put them on my home computer so I need to get them on a flash drive so I can write during my lunch hour.

If you are still here and reading, thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Last edited:
Oh wow Lisa bless your heart you have had a year to say the least! I have always enjoyed reading your trip reports, but understand your absence. Life happens girl and you gotta keep on swimming ;) I think a trip back to your Disney home is exactly what you need :goodvibes

Wow. Hang in there, Lisa. That's a lot of crap to be dumped on you all at once. I hope life settles down and you and John can find some peace soon!

So glad to see you back, Wow, you have had so much going on, hope it slows down for you sometime soon. Sorry your mom is still having dizziness issues. Glad you are liking your new job at least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter