Just had to post this....

Scoootch

DIS Veteran
Okay...for fun, I was looking through the "want it now" posts on ebay. For anyone not familiar, it's this new option ebay has now where people rather than searching for themselves for items can just post what items they're looking for and have sellers repond to them that they will post those particular items for sale for the searcher.

Anyway....ended up looking in the travel and lodging section as I was curious to see if just as many people look for DVC rentals there as sellers post rentals on ebay and saw posts for people looking for refill mugs for BWV's and DVC points that people want for next to absolutely nothing...I saw someone asking for a points rental for a 2bdrm or a GV and they want to pay no more than $400 for the entire stay! Are these people serious?? :earseek: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I know my reaction to that one was a big ol' YEAH RIGHT!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Is that board a secret place for the brazen askers?? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

I will speculate that the person who wants a unit for $400 max is a timeshare owner who is accustomed to staying in very nice places for this amount, and hence values DVC for the same amount.

If I use II to trade into DVC, my effective cost for 7 nights will be under $400, plus the cost of the exchange fees. It is a very hard trade to get, so I do not expect to be successful. I own DVC to make it easy to get the reservations that I desire at WDW.

/Jim

Scoootch said:
Okay...for fun, I was looking through the "want it now" posts on ebay. For anyone not familiar, it's this new option ebay has now where people rather than searching for themselves for items can just post what items they're looking for and have sellers repond to them that they will post those particular items for sale for the searcher.

Anyway....ended up looking in the travel and lodging section as I was curious to see if just as many people look for DVC rentals there as sellers post rentals on ebay and saw posts for people looking for refill mugs for BWV's and DVC points that people want for next to absolutely nothing...I saw someone asking for a points rental for a 2bdrm or a GV and they want to pay no more than $400 for the entire stay! Are these people serious?? :earseek: :rotfl2: :rotfl:

I know my reaction to that one was a big ol' YEAH RIGHT!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Is that board a secret place for the brazen askers?? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

It's amazing what people will ask for. Annmarie

is there a place or could we just respond with one of these :rotfl2: or maybe one of these :rotfl: maybe :yo-yo: & :laughing: or we could just send them to one of our DVC guides to explain how many points it takes to get to a GV ;)

If I could have, I would have sent some kind of response saying "Not gonna happen" :rotfl2: ...of course giving the benefit of the doubt that they are just somehow totally clueless :rolleyes2 as FLYNZ4 indicates (although I am inclined to believe that they're not clueless and are looking to get this for next to nothing) and putting it nicely. The only way to respond though is to post what they're looking for ...it doesn't show the person's ebay user name ...or way to contact them directly. Just lets you first post the item for sale and it sends an email to the person who posted looking that an item being searched for is now available and posted.

But between the refill mugs post and that one....being that we all see the posts here on the Dis which are hot topics :scared: ...and we know them all "refill mugs, pool hopping, people posting that they are looking to rent points for $8pp when they're getting a deal already at even $11 or $12 pp" it just kind of makes you wonder if it's a way for these people to be secret underground askers ....it's alot easier to be so braizen if no one can see who's doing the asking! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter