Just got our cruise notebook, now a few last questions :)

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
We received our pre-cruise notebook for our April cruise today! Yay! However, looking through the information in there brought up a few quick questions.

1) There are a number of forms at the end of the notebook. If I did online check-in, which of those do I still need to fill out? Just don't want to show up at the port unprepared! :)

2) I noticed it stated that ALL expenditures onboard such as room service, etc... have an automatic 15% tip added. Does this mean you do not need to tip additionally for room service when it arrives, or does the 15% not go to the person who delivers your food?

3) It mentions bringing passports onboard, which I was aware of, but just wondered if we needed to take actual passports off the ship at ports.. I am a little nervous about having them when we are on excursions, etc... Are copies ok, then leave the official one in the safe, or is the actual passport recommended?

Thank you!

1.I'm not sure about the forms. It's been awhile since I looked at those. Someone else please fill in here. I do remember the important forms are ones you are told to print out online.
2.Most room service is free, therefore no 15% added. It would be added if you ordered something that costs. You should still tip for those items that are free.
3.There has been a lot of discussion on various threads about taking your passport on shore or not. Many, myself included, leave their passport in the safe in their room. This is because you really don't need it in most ports and there is the chance of it being lost or stolen. Others feel you should take it in case there is an emergency and you need it to get an emergency flight home or something. If there was an emergency you could/should contact the ship via the port agent listed on the Navigator for that port. I am told they would go into your safe, retrieve the passport and leave it at the port for you. Others can give you more details about this.

1) It's been a couple of years, so I don't remember exactly. There is probably one for Onboard Airline Check-in - if you're not planning on using that you can leave it un-filled. As far as the others...I'd probably go ahead and fill them out ahead of time. It won't take THAT long, and could save you some time at check-in.

2) @MelSpees covered it.

3) I've done both and have never had problems either way - some ports (though I don't know that any DCL hits in April) require that you carry your passport. You could take a copy of it with you so that worst-case it would make it a little easier for the consulate to issue you a new one.

We received our pre-cruise notebook for our April cruise today! Yay! However, looking through the information in there brought up a few quick questions.

1) There are a number of forms at the end of the notebook. If I did online check-in, which of those do I still need to fill out? Just don't want to show up at the port unprepared! :)

2) I noticed it stated that ALL expenditures onboard such as room service, etc... have an automatic 15% tip added. Does this mean you do not need to tip additionally for room service when it arrives, or does the 15% not go to the person who delivers your food?

3) It mentions bringing passports onboard, which I was aware of, but just wondered if we needed to take actual passports off the ship at ports.. I am a little nervous about having them when we are on excursions, etc... Are copies ok, then leave the official one in the safe, or is the actual passport recommended?

Thank you!

1. No. the online check in that you completed took away the need to fill out and sign those forms.
2. Room service is not an auto gratuity...cash is better so that it goes to the person who brought your food. 15% auto goes to bar servers, concession stand sales (popcorn, candy, canned soda if you purchase those etc)
3. You can leave those in your safe when leaving at ports if you wish. All you need is your KTTWC and your ID if over age 18.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter