Just got off the Magic

We went to the before part (Davy jones challenge thing) which was interactive games on funnel vision. We stayed for maybe 5 mins of pirate party but left bc it was too loud for my kid. It was characters on stage jumping and dancing around to songs. Everyone was standing. We watched the fireworks from our room (starboard side)

OK thank you. Our first pirate party was on the dream and it was wonderful, everyone sat down, lots of character fun.. I was really disappointed in the Wonder with everyone standing the loud music... we left about 7 min in... sounds like Magic is the same way, guess we'll watch the fireworks from our room, we missed them last time on our walk back to the room

We are going on the magic in September 2016. We do not like the pirate party on the wonder. All that noise and just a dance party is not fun at all. I miss the pirate parties on the dream and fantasy. Since the magic is like the wonder, I guess we will have to find something else to do. We will just go up around 10pm for the fireworks.

Am I the only one who likes the pirate party on the Magic & Wonder? I love zip-lining Mickey and rocking out to Bon Jovi!

Am I the only one who likes the pirate party on the Magic & Wonder? I love zip-lining Mickey and rocking out to Bon Jovi!
It sounds like the Mickey Pirate show (with the zip-line thing) isn't done any longer. They have a Pirate Deck Party with loud music, and not the show.

When did you last see the ziplining Mickey?

It sounds like the Mickey Pirate show (with the zip-line thing) isn't done any longer. They have a Pirate Deck Party with loud music, and not the show.

We saw ziplining Mickey on the November 20 sailing on the Magic. Thought it was the highlight of the pirate party (besides the fireworks), so hope they didn't get rid of it!

We saw him zip line on the Wonder in early November.

ETA: I did notice that they had added a lot more music to the show since the last time I saw it, but I like it. They played some older stuff (lots of Bon Jovi!), I assume for the parents, plus a lot of more current pop songs for the kids. I thought it was fun.

I think the pirate show on the classic ships is a trainwreck (except for zipline Mickey - he's cool!). The pop music party, including when the fireworks are going off? Really? The playlist was like what you'd hear at a corporate event or wedding - middle-of-the-road songs picked so that most people can at least tolerate it. It's very Universal-ish. Compare that to the immersive pirate-themed show on the newer ships, with Captain Jack Sparrow making an appearance, and the POTC music. That seems much more appropriate to a Disney-themed pirates-at-sea party. Savvy?

Can't see fireworks being done until after the dinners are complete. That's the way we have always seen them. Hope this still holds true.

JW

Can't see fireworks being done until after the dinners are complete. That's the way we have always seen them. Hope this still holds true.

JW
There were some cruises (on the Magic) that the show and fireworks were between the dinner seatings (fireworks at 8:02).

How far in advance will we know the time of the pirate party? Also, did Palo have the new menu or the old one?

We

were on the same cruise:)
Us too.

Something fun I haven't seen mentioned are some of the things on the day they have the Tangled show. There are tangled decorations sprinkled around the ship. Like this one:
image.jpeg
Then at cabanas at the lunch buffet there are German foods. I don't know what some of them were but there were lots of sausage and sauerkraut and they even had pretzels.

After the show we went to the Snuggly Duckling and they had a little buffet with liver wurst sandwich wraps, sausages and fruit. They had some of the thugs come in and sing and perform and it was so much fun.

Oh my! :scared:Are they still doing that? We went last February and had a fabulous trip but that was the worst Pirate Party we have been to in all of our cruises. It was like they turned it into an 80's rock club. It was terrible!! It put me in a funk and into a time warp i did not want to be in. I put it in my comment section in bold large lettering to stop the 80's rock music it was 2015! guess they didn't listen to me after all. :tongue:

Mickey zip-lined at the pirate deck party on the 1/17/16 cruise on the Wonder. On this sailing, the deck party was at 7:30pm, with the fireworks around 8pm (to finish in time for those with second seating dinner to get to their dining rooms).

Mickey's ziplining appearance is extremely weather-sensitive, though.

Off the Magic on Jan 20th. Zip lining Mickey was there, fireworks at 10:20pm. We did back to back cruises, it was the same for both.
I was on the Magic for the Jan 20-24 sailing and the fireworks were moved to 8 pm. We were told that it was because there were more preschool kids booked on the off season cruises. Note for Palo that the chefs have to time the soufflé around the fireworks since the fireworks makes the soufflé fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter