• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just got my SWGE reservation email

The food options will probably be a draw, blue milk etc. Also, the shopping, specifically building a light saber, will be a draw for quite a few people.

Well, she has 5 light sabers already and won't be drinking any color of milk (dairy allergy).
I guess we will just wander and leave when she has had enough.
Thank you for a reply

Well, she has 5 light sabers already and won't be drinking any color of milk (dairy allergy).
I guess we will just wander and leave when she has had enough.
Thank you for a reply

Haha, we also have a closet full of light sabers, but these ones will be a step above from what I've heard. And at least the blue milk (I believe there is blue and green) is dairy free. It is a rice based drink. Either way, have blast!

Haha, we also have a closet full of light sabers, but these ones will be a step above from what I've heard. And at least the blue milk (I believe there is blue and green) is dairy free. It is a rice based drink. Either way, have blast!

Thank you.....we'll try. She has anxiety issues too, so that doesn't help. Not sure she can stand in line for the ride for as long as I expect it will take.
Hopefully the rest of the parks will be manageable.

OMG, the lightsabers!!! My son has like 10 of them in his closet. Disney is worried about the impact of plastic straws on the environment, but I think the lightsabers are what will do us in.

Of course he still “needs” one of the new ones. But, I’m making him pay for it.

Has anyone had any luck having a CM change their reservation date?
Called Tuesday, was on hold less than 10 minutes, and spoke with a lovely CM who took my reservation change request. I received the updated email yesterday with the date/time I requested. Easy peasy.

OMG, the lightsabers!!! My son has like 10 of them in his closet. Disney is worried about the impact of plastic straws on the environment, but I think the lightsabers are what will do us in.

Of course he still “needs” one of the new ones. But, I’m making him pay for it.

My son is the same..
We’re flying to CA so I have already prepped him that we are NOT getting a lightsaber or droid because will not fit in our suitcase! And that maybe we can get one next time at WDW since we drive there. I agreed to pack ONE retractable lightsaber so he’ll have something. Lol.

DH and I were discussing how early to be at the gates as our reservation is for 8am on June 3rd. We are speculating maybe they will have special gates open like for Breakfast reservations for Minnie's to expedite those with reservations especially those with the first time slot.

I plan to be awake by 3am and at security by 4am at the latest. This may change as reports come in from the first two days but I'm not risking being back in line. I want to use every moment available to me.
I think 4am is far too early

I think 4am is far too early

It is my understanding that if you queue at the gate before bag check is set up for the esplanade, security will sweep you out for security screening. DLR regulars would know best.

Just wondering, is anyone else with an 8AM spot on May 31 going to try to hit the 7 AM Extra Magic Hour at California Adventure that AM? I hate being up and being right there and not at least getting a ride in at Radiator Springs in the Extra Magic time. Seems like you could be there right at 7, ride once and still be out to the massive throngs waiting to enter Disneyland before 8.

We did this on our last trip, started at CA and then got in line for DL before it opened (CA EMH was at 8am and DL opened at 9am, however), and I probably won't do it again. If you're only trying to ride RSR, I'd say OK, but don't try to utilize most of the EMH, much as you might want to. There are just too many peeps waiting to get in DL pre-opening on non-EMH/MM mornings.

Should I be concerned if I still didn't receive a Galaxys Edge reservation time? I booked Paradise Pier a couple of weeks ago for June 7th-10th... What number should I call if I want to know my reservation time?

Do you think those of us with reservations from a DLR hotel stay will still be allowed to try to get a reservation on 5/2 or do you think its only one?

If you book the Disneyland hotel through another site, do you still get a reservation?

If you book the Disneyland hotel through another site, do you still get a reservation?
Yes. Although I heard 3rd party reservations were some of the guests that weren’t getting their confirmation emails. So, if you don’t receive one, be sure to call & check what time you were assigned.

Do you think those of us with reservations from a DLR hotel stay will still be allowed to try to get a reservation on 5/2 or do you think its only one?
The rumor is no. But, since Disney hasn’t officially issued their rules for these yet, it’s hard to say for sure.

Have any descriptions of the blue and green milk been released? It seems like they're going for the-butterbeer-of-Star-Wars, but the last thing I think I'd want to drink after a day on my feet in the California sun is milk. I like milk and drink it plenty, but it doesn't really say light and refreshing. I saw above that maybe it's not really going to be milk at all, but something else?

The rumor is no. But, since Disney hasn’t officially issued their rules for these yet, it’s hard to say for sure.
To be fair, the source of that rumor also said there would be only 3 slots per day, with a 1-hour break in between and a hard sweep of the land. Obviously that is not true.

We will find out for sure on Thursday.

Have any descriptions of the blue and green milk been released? It seems like they're going for the-butterbeer-of-Star-Wars, but the last thing I think I'd want to drink after a day on my feet in the California sun is milk. I like milk and drink it plenty, but it doesn't really say light and refreshing. I saw above that maybe it's not really going to be milk at all, but something else?

From the Disney food blog:

Milk Stand
When Galaxy’s Edge opens, we’re going to need a quick burst of energy to fuel the fun. Enter: Milk Stand. This stand will serve up — you guessed it! — milk (well…kinda)! But since this is the planet Batuu, it’s Blue Milk! And since this is actually Florida, this non-dairy drink will be soft-frozen like a milkshake to keep us cool in the Outpost! Milk Stand will also serve Green Milk, which Disney says has a refreshing citrus component. We’ll have one of those, too.”

That does say Florida, but I’m pretty sure it’s the same at both :) I’m excited to try it

To be fair, the source of that rumor also said there would be only 3 slots per day, with a 1-hour break in between and a hard sweep of the land. Obviously that is not true.

We will find out for sure on Thursday.
I’m not sure who/where in particular you mean by “the source” of that rumor. I’ve heard it several times now between these boards, podcasts & vlogs. But there have been other aspects to all of this that were rumored by several sources as well, that have already been proven wrong. So, I always try to take everything with a grain of salt until there is confirmation by disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter