Just got Magic Bands in mail, now No Luggage tags

SGMCO

Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions
We went to WDW last fall (2016)and Magic bands were received with matching Luggage tags, this year no luggage tags, plus the packaging was very minimal. Disney seems to be cutting back more and more, raising prices with less magic. What will be the next to go for them to save money? Free Magic Express?

Did you book a package or room only? If you booked room only, the luggage tags are not sent. If you booked a package, and the tags are not on in the box, under the MB, call WDW and ask about them.

I have only gotten luggage tags once since all my other bookings were room only.

If you do not get the tags don't worry. Just give the CM at the DME desk you claim tickets and they will get your luggage for you.

I just going to use my tags I got from last trip, no worries. I did rent points for DVC (not a package)so that's probably why I didn't get them. Seems a bit less magical than previous trips though.

As a PP said the complimentary luggage tags have always only come with a vacation package.
Its not less magical. You just didn't book a vacation package.

We went to WDW last fall (2016)and Magic bands were received with matching Luggage tags, this year no luggage tags, plus the packaging was very minimal. Disney seems to be cutting back more and more, raising prices with less magic. What will be the next to go for them to save money? Free Magic Express?

Minimal packaging is a good thing! My magic band still came in a large box which is such a waste!

Minimal packaging is a good thing! My magic band still came in a large box which is such a waste!
I was quite impressed with the minimal packaging - just the right size for our 3 bands (could have fit 4 max). I was looking for a larger box based on previous MB deliveries. I didn't look closely at the box at first, not opening it immediately either, thinking it was something else I had ordered. When I double checked the tracking and saw my MBs had been delivered, I finally checked out the box.

I was quite impressed with the minimal packaging - just the right size for our 3 bands (could have fit 4 max). I was looking for a larger box based on previous MB deliveries. I didn't look closely at the box at first, not opening it immediately either, thinking it was something else I had ordered. When I double checked the tracking and saw my MBs had been delivered, I finally checked out the box.
....good thing you didn't toss it, thinking perhaps that it was junk mail! :eek:

[....that's probably what I would have done...]

I agree. When MBs first came out, the packaging was over the top: big box with padding all around each MB and a big lid as if I were receiving a special gift. All separate from the shipping box. Sheesh, it's a convenient form of room key/charge card for a vacation, not a surprise engagement ring. They don't need to kill a million trees for this "first impression" of magic. I'd venture to guess for every complaint Disney receives for the lack of magic in their latest packaging, there were double that before for too much packaging.

Kind of crazy if you ask me... JMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter