Just got docs and have a question?????????????????

sjm

Mouseketeer
We are sailing on the Magic on 1/25, 3 weeks from today and got our docs yesterday.

Most of the other cruise lines have papers that have to be filled out and returned, long before your cruise date. I don't see anything like this in our docs, only the pages to be filled in and taken with us. Is something missing?

sue

Just fill them in and take them with you.

You give all of your documents to the CM when you check in. You will also need certified, with a raised seal, birth certificates and picture ID's for all those over 18 I think.

We have a pic id for our dd age 10 and take it with us anyway...she thinks it is a big thing!!

There used to be a booth right inside the door to the terminal where cm's would help you fill the docs out if you hadn't already...I don't know if it's still there or not. Recent cruisers can answer that.

Good luck and have a great cruise. That is my dd's birthday and I will be having a slumber party for 8 little girls.....God help me!!!

Phyllis
:cool:

Originally posted by natsmom125

We have a pic id for our dd age 10 and take it with us anyway...she thinks it is a big thing!!

I LOL when I read this. We have a Sam's Club card with DS 5's picture taped onto it. He proudly displays that to anyone and everyone!

Sue, I just finished filling out our docs for the 1/25 cruise. Can you believe its almost here!!!!

I don't have a my original birth certificate, but I do have a copy of my Baptism Record, which includes my birthdate and baptism date and has a raised seal,,,,,, should this be ok, it's a legal church document or should I just go ahead and get a passport?

thanks for your help.

You will need a passport or a certified copy (from the state) of your birth certificate which will have a raised seal.

We took DD6 on a trip to London when she was a toddler, and the picture on her passport (at age 2) bears only a faint resemblance to her current appearance. Anyone know if this will pose a problem? Thanks!

Piper: Three weeks from now, I will be sitting in the whirlpool, in the quiet cove, thinking about where we want to have lunch. Much different from today, errands to run and want to get back before the snow starts.

Jeanny: Since you have the time, get a passport. It is much easier to carry and makes things go more quickly. Also keep in mind that a passport is good for 10 years.

sue

Jeanny, a baptism record is NOT ACCEPTABLE by DCL, it must be a certified copy of your BIRTH CERTIFICATE! I would hate to see you denied boarding over your documentation. :)

Getting a passport is your best idea and since you have time to do that I'd recommend it too. :)

Dcruiser, your daughter's passport will be fine. Since DCL does not require photo ID for children the picture doesn't really matter.

Enjoy! :)

Originally posted by Jeanny
I don't have a my original birth certificate

If you are married, this might work for you:

On the weekend before our '99 RCCL cruise, I discovered my birth certificate was no where to be found and it was too late to get another one. I lost sleep all weekend before I called and found out that I could bring my marriage license and drivers license for me, as long as we had my husband's birth certificate and drivers license for him. (He was born in the USA.)

Worth a call!

Originally posted by cathy59
If you are married, this might work for you:

On the weekend before our '99 RCCL cruise, I discovered my birth certificate was no where to be found and it was too late to get another one. I lost sleep all weekend before I called and found out that I could bring my marriage license and drivers license for me, as long as we had my husband's birth certificate and drivers license for him. (He was born in the USA.)

This would not work now. Your experience was before 9/11 and they were very easy going then. Now you need what they want, or you will not board the ship.

sue

looks like off to Town Hall I go to get a passport. I was going to try calling the Hospital I was born in, but I believe it closed last year. I could always use the passport, they're good for what - 10 years I believe.....

Glad I asked now and not next December. One of my professor's was going on an Alaskan cruise and he had to get a passport, because they were going through Canada to get to the ship. I'd never heard of that before, but this is post September 11th, so things are a lot more strict now.

Thanks for your help.

For information on how to get a certified birth certificate, check out this page:

www.cdc.gov/nchs/howto/w2w/w2welcom.htm

If you don't want to jump through these hoops and are willing to pay a convenience fee to have somebody else jump through the hoops for you, check out this company:

www.vitalchek.com

If you have your birth certificate and want to know where to apply for a U.S. Passport, check out this page:

<a href="http://iafdb.travel.state.gov/">iafdb.travel.state.gov</a>

If you need a Canadian passport, check out this site:

www.ppt.gc.ca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter